Print Thread
Hop To
T
TLB2 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
What would be a fair price to sell reloads for components.

I bought a bunch of 7mm08 reloads and I dont need all of it.

i know they will need to be tore down because some of the bullets moved during shipping.

Some of it is in reformed 243 and 308 brass

GB1

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Not much if anything. Are all of the bullets the same type and weight? Powder is scrap and untrustworthy. Primers could be anything. Brass condition is unspecified.

I recently was given half a 5 gallon bucket of 6.8spc reloads that needed to be torn down. My cost was $0 cash and a whole bunch of time sorting brass, pulling mismatched bullets and tossing powder into the composting manure pile. NOTE-That was from an online contact that I had not met before

Last edited by Halvin; 11/13/23.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Finding someone willing to take it off your hands might be the hardest part depending on how many handloading buddies you have. Most likely only someone who handloads would be interested in this stuff. If nothing is labeled then, as noted, powder and primers are unknown, and it's hard to sell unknown powder and primers to someone.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I don't think I would want to be responsible shipping primers considering haz mat fees serve it's purpose and having liability insurance. Bullets.. and brass, maybe. Look at pulled bullet prices on gunbroker and once fired brass and that should help.

Last edited by anothergun; 11/12/23.
T
TLB2 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Primed brass can be shipped ORMD . All of the boxes are labeled with load info as far as powder and bullet

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by TLB2
Primed brass can be shipped ORMD . All of the boxes are labeled with load info as far as powder and bullet

That still does not matter. At least to most handloaders I know, self included. The powder and primers are really not worth the time messing with. You are better off just pulling the bullets and selling them, if you know for sure or post really good pics of them. The brass may be worth something to someone, if they have not been monkeyed with too much. But you said some of it was reformed 243 and 308 brass. That's not worth much either. How much 7mm-08 headstamped brass do you have? If you sell it here, please post good pics of it. The brass may be worth something, but I would not buy it without first seeing some good pics of it.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Halvin
Not much if anything. Are all of the bullets the same type and weight? Powder is scrap and untrustworthy. Primers could be anything. Brass condition is unspecified.

I recently was given half a 5 gallon bucket of 6.8spc reloads that needed to be torn down. My cost was $0 cash and a whole bunch of time sorting brass, pulling mismatched bullets and tossing powder into the composting manure pile. NOTE-That was from an online contact that I had not met before
Selling the 6.8 brass??

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by Halvin

Selling the 6.8 brass??

The brass is what I was after. With a lot of sorting there was some good stuff in there...some real junk also.

Last edited by Halvin; 11/13/23.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
You've probably told me this before, but where are you in Georgia? I may be interested in the 7mm-08 stuff...

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by TLB2
UH yeah. How reliable is that information?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B3

T
TLB2 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Jason280
You've probably told me this before, but where are you in Georgia? I may be interested in the 7mm-08 stuff...

Swga near Florida line

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 163bc, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 54 invisible), 2,565 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,917
Posts18,498,401
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.