Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I had a pair of the Rocky crumble soles. They wouldn’t warranty their latent defect. No more Rocky for me.

Just got back from far western KS pheasant hunting and wore a pair of Bass Pro corduro boots. Definitely going to be looking for something more comfortable for an all day bird hunting boot.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I still wear these Danners I got in 1981. On the third set of soles.

Tony Rumore
Tromix

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Run it up, until you blow it up, then back it down a bit.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
On those Cornstalkers, what was coming apart? They used to be Goodyear welted, and maybe they still are. Unless the welt or stitching broke, that should keep the insole and mid sole together. Was the outsole/tread coming off?

I had a pair of Cabelas snake books made by Rocky from the 90s. The lowers were constructed like athletic shows with the soles glued on. One spring I put them on and, as if they were timed together, the soles started peel off both. The adhesive holding them on just completely dried out. And that sort of construction is not worth fixing.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TonyRumore
I still wear these Danners I got in 1981. On the third set of soles.

Tony Rumore
Tromix

Those are just getting broken in. Lots of life left in those boots.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 11/14/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You could "hunt " barefoot in most Whitetail stands .
Here out west things are definitely different .

Proud NRA Life Member
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Originally Posted by LBP
I like her boots! 😁

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

She look like she could help keep you warm in a cot in a cabin in the north during a blizzard. But judging by those knees, once the elastic, slimming under garments come off, she's going to have more creases and fold than an origami winged dragon.

Chick's that fat aught to have way bigger tits than that....just saying what everyone is thinking
I was thinking she could be attractive if she lost 50 lbs.

L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by LBP
I like her boots! 😁

She look like she could help keep you warm in a cot in a cabin in the north during a blizzard. But judging by those knees, once the elastic, slimming under garments come off, she's going to have more creases and fold than an origami winged dragon.

Chick's that fat aught to have way bigger tits than that....just saying what everyone is thinking

She’s perfect like she is, beautiful woman!

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Meindls for me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
FWIW, we just got a Kenetrek catalog in the mail and I browsed through, lots of 20% off stuff. If I needed boots I'd order something.

Prices are coming down.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LBP
Originally Posted by LBP
I like her boots! 😁

You crack me up, LBP.

Post a pic of a woman you wouldn’t smash.

Lol

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
On those Cornstalkers, what was coming apart? They used to be Goodyear welted, and maybe they still are. Unless the welt or stitching broke, that should keep the insole and mid sole together. Was the outsole/tread coming off?
The rubber sole itself was complete garbage. Just sitting in the closet they would get gummy and crack open. If you walked across the driveway all the gravel came with you. I had a friend who did boot / shoe repair. He refused to sell or repair Rocky's after that.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Barney_Fife
The rubber sole itself was complete garbage. Just sitting in the closet they would get gummy and crack open. If you walked across the driveway all the gravel came with you. I had a friend who did boot / shoe repair. He refused to sell or repair Rocky's after that.

Wife had a pair of the Cornstalkers.
Last pair of Rocky's either of us ever owned.
The problem now is that many brands fall under the 'Rocky' umbrella[Muck being one]

FJB & FJT
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by Barney_Fife

Wife had a pair of the Cornstalkers.
Last pair of Rocky's either of us ever owned.
The problem now is that many brands fall under the 'Rocky' umbrella[Muck being one]

Another Cornstalker hater here. In no time, half my heel was overhanging the edge of the sole. No stability whatsoever------->trash. No more Rockys for me.

Last edited by There_Ya_Go; 11/15/23.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Rockys that I have now have good soles. I think that they are called Rangers. The bad sole problem SHOULD be long past. I have not bought any of their boots in a while so I can't say for certain.

I don't know if those soles that disintegrated were Vibram or some other manufacturer but they deteriorated in no time with or without use. Just bad chemically.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V

I had a pair of Cabelas snake books made by Rocky from the 90s. The lowers were constructed like athletic shows with the soles glued on. One spring I put them on and, as if they were timed together, the soles started peel off both. The adhesive holding them on just completely dried out. And that sort of construction is not worth fixing.

On mine it was the outsole/tread, which were stitched on. The replacement soles/treads are still going strong today.

Last edited by VAhuntr; 11/15/23.

"Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I'd chew deer hides and make moccasins before I'd ever spend another nickel on anything made by Rocky. Expensive junk and a company that won't stand behind it.

" It ain't dead.As long as there's one cowboy taking care of one cow,it ain't dead ! "
Monte Walsh
L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by LBP
Originally Posted by LBP
I like her boots! 😁

You crack me up, LBP.

Post a pic of a woman you wouldn’t smash.

Lol

🦫

This one!!! 🤮

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
When in TX my Chippewa Regina snake boots get worn a lot. They are actually some of the most comfortable boots I have owned. They have a wedge sole that you can be absolutely silent in when stalking over various surfaces.

When in ND or MT chasing pheasants or big game the progression is temperature dependent. From warm to hot:

Keen hikers (various)

Old Lacrosse Genisys 600 gr. Thinsulate/Gotetex boots from around 2000. Best boots I’ve ever owned. They have a lot of miles on them - to the point the Kevlar toe caps are worn through but they’ve never leaked.

Keen Summit County - used when it is cold cold but still moving about. Including snowmobiling.

Baffin Snow Monsters - used only for sedentary stuff in ridiculously cold weather - they are the real deal vs anything else IMHO.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm diggin' these Zamberlans; look ma', no laces!

It's like Velcro for hunting boots, but even better. smile

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
I like that rose avail guy
Wesco boots have been on my feet for the last 20 years. Wether hunting chors on the farm I literally wear them everywhere every day I’m on year 6 on this pear
I do have schenes Pac boots for extreme cold
But rarely have to use them

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (160user, 1minute, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 64 invisible), 2,382 guests, and 1,447 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,167
Posts18,484,520
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.