Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by drop_point
Originally Posted by Dinny
Just a FYI...

I spoke to a MidwayUSA rep yesterday about an order that was shipped to me on Oct 31st. It left Columbia, MO and went to the St Louis hub then it went to the Springfield, MO hub. She told me USPS had experienced a chemical spill at one of their Missouri facilities and were redirecting mail elsewhere. Why my package wasn't redirected to a hub in IL is anyone's guess. I live in Indiana.

I have a package that has been “in transit” from the St. Louis hub for over seven days. I’m starting to wonder if I’ll ever see my expensive package.

Same here.

Two weeks ago I had my midway package a day early.

This time, stuck, somewhere. Girl at the Post Office said nothing they could do until 30 days had passed. Also said the tracking on that package wasn't human scanned as it passes through the system. So who knows where it's at.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
GB1

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Sold some bullets on here recently and the buyer sent a check that the PO took 9 days to deliver to NV from IL.
The bullets sent priority mail to the buyer only took 2 days.
Hard to figure how a first class letter should take 9 days.

That must be the way USPS does it going west. I sent a MO to Idaho a couple weeks ago from Wisconsin and it took about 8 - 9 days to get there. Package in return took 2 - 3 days. I think going west it goes via slow boat around the horn. Ridiculous.

Life - and the good sense to live it!
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by LONEOAK
Sold some bullets on here recently and the buyer sent a check that the PO took 9 days to deliver to NV from IL.

That must be the way USPS does it going west. I sent a MO to Idaho a couple weeks ago from Wisconsin and it took about 8 - 9 days to get there. Package in return took 2 - 3 days. I think going west it goes via slow boat around the horn. Ridiculous.
Jetstream....

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by LONEOAK

Actually, it seems like freight (that actually goes by UPS) is moving FAR faster than snail mail going USPS.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Usps slowed waaaay down to my area for packages. Like a month to get here.

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
The degree of incompetence in the USPS is off the charts. They lost 6 billion dollars last year. And the changes are minimal.

"We don't rent pigs"
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
As of 2021, the USPS operates 31,330 post offices and locations in the U.S., and delivers 128.8 billion pieces of mail annually, to 163 million delivery points

Let’s try to find something to bitch about. How about handling 13 BILLION pieces of mail and make no mistakes.

UPS and Fedex are only better than nothing at all and will do anything possible to not ship a firearm…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by shrapnel
As of 2021, the USPS operates 31,330 post offices and locations in the U.S., and delivers 128.8 billion pieces of mail annually, to 163 million delivery points

Let’s try to find something to bitch about. How about handling 13 BILLION pieces of mail and make no mistakes.

UPS and Fedex are only better than nothing at all and will do anything possible to not ship a firearm…

Not to argue your point, but it's literally their damn job to handle that mail, and it's their responsibility to do it efficiently. It's not like they've been doing that one job since the Second Continental Congress in 1775 or anything, 248 years ago. I'd think that'd be reason enough to bitch when they screw up.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Feral_American

Not to argue your point, but it's literally their damn job to handle that mail, and it's their responsibility to do it efficiently. It's not like they've been doing that one job since the Second Continental Congress in 1775 or anything, 248 years ago. I'd think that'd be reason enough to bitch when they screw up.

You need to re-think just what “efficiency” means. There isn’t a single piece of equipment or a business in the world that doesn’t have some inherent internal problems that will prevent it from working perfectly. Maybe you should contact the USPS and tel them how to handle the mail better…

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by WeimGuy
The degree of incompetence in the USPS is off the charts. They lost 6 billion dollars last year. And the changes are minimal.

The USPS was never designed to be a business. It was established as a public service.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

You need to re-think just what “efficiency” means. There isn’t a single piece of equipment or a business in the world that doesn’t have some inherent internal problems that will prevent it from working perfectly. Maybe you should contact the USPS and tel them how to handle the mail better…

UPS and the others only exist because the Post Office can't do their job right and never has. The bar for those others has never been very high. 250 years is a long damn time for the PO to continually demand more and more money for continually screwing up. That entire system, front to back, should run like a Swiss Watch by now, and LONG before my generation showed up on this God Forsaken rock. Go ahead, change my mind. Two and a half centuries.

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
I've been lucky have two shipped and been here early. One from Washington State said would be here Monday. Got here today Friday will pick it up today.

Thanks, USPS

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Maybe you should contact the USPS and tel them how to handle the mail better…

Don't stand there and act like I've no right to say anything. I, and millions of others, pay the tax dollars that fund the bailouts, we pay the fees they demand to post mail, we buy our own Post Master General approved mailboxes and install them, we pay to dispose of the reams of junk mail and advertising that the USPS whores themselves out to. It would appear my end of this bargain is kept, and then some.

Just paid $8 f'n dollars to recieve a $10 dollar item that didn't even go out the door with a tracking number, which by the way, is ovedue. Pathetic, at a minimum.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Don't stand there and act like I've no right to say anything. I, and millions of others, pay the tax dollars that fund the bailouts, we pay the fees they demand to post mail, we buy our own Post Master General approved mailboxes and install them, we pay to dispose of the reams of junk mail and advertising that the USPS whores themselves out to. It would appear my end of this bargain is kept, and then some.

Just paid $8 f'n dollars to recieve a $10 dollar item that didn't even go out the door with a tracking number, which by the way, is ovedue. Pathetic, at a minimum.

What are you a dumbshit or something?

Use UPS and quit your bitching…

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

If only the world could be so perfect as to make principled choices on every thing, every time.

Apologies if your fragile feelings got hurt, or something.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

If only the world could be so perfect as to make principled choices on every thing, every time.

A boxcar load of you couldn’t hurt my feelings…

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

A boxcar load of you couldn’t hurt my feelings…

Oh I get it. I understand. Nobody likes to look a fool when they can't formulate a good debate to back up their own BS.

Have a good day now ya hear.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Retards galore.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
USPS has been good to me.

Thanks, USPS

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (16penny, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 160user, 68 invisible), 2,480 guests, and 1,344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,189
Posts18,484,912
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.