Print Thread
Hop To
K
Ky221 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Any idea who to contact with a fairly fast turn around time.

I have a SxS 20gauge. Long story short, let a friend borrow it, he managed to remove a lot of bluing "cleaning it for me before returning it" again...0This is the short version so let's not get into the nuts and bolts.

I need the barrels reblued and would prefer to not have the gun out of commission all season.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Contact Midwest Gun Works.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
America's Gunsmith Shop, in Burlington Wisconsin. Call and talk to Roy, the owner, and good friend of mine.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by DeanAnderson; 10/09/23. Reason: add pictures

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
K
Ky221 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Thanks for the leads fellas.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Google Mike Orlen 275.00 fast turn around

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Forget about the bluing till the season is over then send it. I don't loan guns ever for exactly what you describe or dogs or women or money or anything else..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Turnbull is great

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Forget about the bluing till the season is over then send it. I don't loan guns ever for exactly what you describe or dogs or women or money or anything else..mb
That's what I'd do. Wait til after the season and don't loan guns ,tools ,vehicles

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I traded a Beretta 391 to a friend, he subsequently loaned it to another guy for a dove hunt in Georgia, just a couple of days..... Guy returned the gun to him and told my friend that the gun misfired. My friend brought it to me, I tore it down, it had pond slime, dead leaves and wet mud inside the action and barrel, the AH buddy of his had dropped it into a lake, and rather than admit his own clumsy handling or stupidity, he opted to blame the gun.....typical. Especially since it would not have shot without blowing up. Very reason I no longer loan anything to anyone, you want to use it, buy it. Then you mess up your own stuff, not mine.

Everyone sees the disregard folks have for property today, so why do they continue to empower such behavior.

I wold recommend you contact folks that do rust blue and hot blue both and by the way, if it is an older SxS with soft solder, it will have to be rust blued. So your options of refinishers may get a lot narrower. But you do need to match the rest of the gun's metal finish, not just "blue the barrels" alone. Best bet is to have all of the metal refinished so the parts all match.

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Troutnut
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
That's what I'd do. Wait til after the season and don't loan guns ,tools ,vehicles

Figured I had to be on the same page with someone out there. Doesn't surprise me in the least that it's you troutnut. The thing is if they don't care enough to buy and have their own. How can you expect them to take care of and respect yours. I don't loan anything and it's getting God damned hard to even give some folks the time of the day...mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
What kind of sxs is it ?

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Google “Nice Old Double Gunworks”. Bill Graham is owner, located in Durham NC. You can probably find an article on his operation in Garden and Guns magazine. Cleanest shop I have ever been in. I’m happy with the work he has done for me and the reasonable prices. Color case hardening/cerakote/blueing no problem. Telephone I have for him is (919)270-3014.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
AYE !!!

"not too grumpy"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (35, Aviator, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, 9 invisible), 1,445 guests, and 781 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,593
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.