OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Can't stand this guy. But he's not wrong.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

Patrick Henry
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
United Airlines launched its Aviate Academy in 2022 to address the shortage and diversify a workforce that is overwhelmingly White and male. The academy's first graduating class was 80% women Or minorities.

This was taking off of their website. Two of my buddies retired from United three are still flying for United and they all say it’s a [bleep] show. Just don’t worry about the controllers. Worry about the two idiots that are in the left and right seats. Diversity, one way or another. They’re going to get them their ticket. Automation, Garbage in garbage out.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Winchester21
Can't stand this guy.
You get a gold star.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No, he is not wrong. A functional ATC system requires high levels of functional performance, that have nothing to do with ethnicity. Hire the best, or watch people die.

This is not the first time the guberment has tried this, and all previous efforts have failed.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion is communism rebranded.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
My former neighbor is a United FA and says it’s going to Hell.

There’s nowhere I want or need to go that requires my old wrinkly ass to go higher than the seat of my truck…..

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seriously, the state of commercial aviation in general, including this specific issue, is one of the biggest reasons I bought a new car recently - to take road trips instead of flying.

My sister still lives in Florida and I've been threatening to visit her for years now. Would honestly rather drive 5-6 days across country by myself in relative luxury than spend 3-4 hours in a cramped seat with questionable seatmates (plus delays and canceled flights and having my old ass x-rayed by minimum wage apparatchiks) getting there by flying.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Always preferred to have a parachute on...

Phil

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have over twice as many take offs as landings in an airplane and have had some "concerning" rides by these professionals. I very rarely fly any longer as I hate to get off an aircraft half way to the point of destination, then have all of the connecting flights cancelled. Then I must drive to the destination and I feel 100% safer in the car doing so. Done that in Dallas or Huston both, on several occasions, landed, mid flight, rented a car and then drove to FL.

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Seriously, the state of commercial aviation in general, including this specific issue, is one of the biggest reasons I bought a new car recently - to take road trips instead of flying.

My sister still lives in Florida and I've been threatening to visit her for years now. Would honestly rather drive 5-6 days across country by myself in relative luxury than spend 3-4 hours in a cramped seat with questionable seatmates (plus delays and canceled flights and having my old ass x-rayed by minimum wage apparatchiks) getting there by flying.

If you can cross the country staying off the Interstates and the major highways, travel by car can be pretty pleasant. There are still plenty of insufferable asshats out there on the road, though.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Extremely low on my risk list. A few weeks ago we had two perfectly pleasant flights to/from Italy. Funny, the en route pilot was an African American. Big dude.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
https://www.theburningplatform.com/...industry-disaster-due-to-covid-vaccines/

The Burning Platform
Pilot warns of airline industry disaster due to Covid vaccines
Guest Post by Sally Beck

CAPTAIN Shane Murdock says the air industry is ‘poised on the precipice of disaster’. A pilot for more than 40 years and a qualified air accident investigator, he has found official data that back up his claim of impending global catastrophe. He adds: ‘When correlated, the data indicate there is an enormous problem that is having, and will have, a significant impact on aviation safety worldwide. There is enough evidence to be sending out red flags.’

There have been many tragedies this year. Phil Thomas, a young graduate of the Cadiz, Spain, flight training academy, fell ill and died suddenly in April. There were five pilot incapacitations in March including a British Airways pilot who collapsed and died in Cairo, Egypt not long before he was due to fly.

Pilots are super-fit, so why are so many dying suddenly or collapsing? Cpt Murdock concludes they are suffering severe adverse reactions to the Covid-19 vaccinations, which has myocarditis (heart inflammation), brain fog, insomnia, blood clots and anaphylaxis as side effects.

He thinks some pilots are ticking timebombs and claims many are not declaring ill-health. He said: ‘They are not reporting brain fog, heart flutters and dizzy spells because they don’t want to lose their jobs.’

Aviators have comprehensive annual health checks, or six-monthly if they have been ill. Rules state they can pass only with a less than 1 per cent chance of suffering an illness that could incapacitate them.

How are they passing medicals if they are suffering serious adverse reactions? Last year the global aviation regulator, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), changed the electrocardiogram (ECG) markers that measure the ‘PR interval’. This is the time it takes for an electrical impulse to travel from one part of heart to another and is an indicator of heart health. The new limit is 50 per cent longer than the previous limit, and means that if a pilot has developed a heart condition, it could slip past.

It was November 15, 2020, when Australian airlines mandated Covid-19 vaccines for 900 pilots, and all air and ground crew. Pfizer, AstraZeneca, and Moderna were available in Australia.

Today is the third anniversary of that mandate and Cpt Murdock is one of 12 pilots who refused. He was sacked of course, accused of serious professional misconduct, a charge generally reserved for inappropriate sexual behaviour or reckless and dangerous behaviour.

Mr Murdock, 60, who lives near Sydney, Australia, flew as Captain for Virgin Australia for 20 years, and has held a licence since 1984. He also has an MSc in Aviation Human Factors, the science behind how humans interface with machines. He said: ‘Somewhere on the international network daily, you will find a plane has been turned back because of a health emergency. Either a passenger health emergency or crew health emergency.’

When pilots put out a mayday radio call to air traffic control, it is nicknamed a ‘squawk’. They use the code 7700 for all mayday calls which are reserved for serious incidents like pilot incapacitation or an uncontained fire on board. Few scenarios warrant a mayday; passengers and crew must face genuine peril.

There has been an unprecedented rise in the numbers of mayday calls as tracked by a bot set up by the X account @GCFlightAlerts. It posts when a pilot squawks 7700 anywhere in the world.

Between 2018, and 2019, the mayday average was 29.1 per cent of all distress calls. During 2022, mayday calls increased by 272 per cent. In the first three months of 2023, the increase was 386 per cent. The graph shows there was an instant, steep increase when the vaccines were mandated to pilots.

The average age of death in Australia during the pandemic was 85.3 years. The figures did not justify mandating vaccination to healthy, fit, pilots and implementing a no jab, no job policy. It even violated their own guidance: according to FAA rules, no pilot is allowed to take any type of medicine unless it has been approved and in use in the general population for 12 months. Pilots are forbidden to take part in drug trials and all Covid-19 vaccines were allowed under emergency use authorisation. The final phase of the trial finishes this year.

Cpt Murdock also looked at the number of multi-crew licences issued by Australia’s regulator, the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA). They have the authority to impose restrictions on Airline Transport Pilot’s Licences (APTL). A multi-crew licence restricts pilots to operating with multiple crew members and is issued when their medical status shows a possibility that they may become incapacitated whilst flying. CASA monitors and administers medical certification and licensing for all Australian pilots. Freedom of information data shows there has been an unprecedented increase of 126 per cent on limitations.

You would think this would prompt a major review by CASA, but they will do nothing while Australia’s drug watchdog, the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA), still endorse Covid-19 vaccination for all. It is a revolving door avoiding responsibility that is familiar to those of us investigating vaccine issues.

Cpt Murdock thinks lack of action can have only one result, and bear in mind we have seen many planes make emergency landings because of pilot incapacitations. He is unequivocal and said: ‘Disasters will occur and both aircrew and the traveling public will die unnecessarily.’

Please don't feed the trolls!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (12344mag, 160user, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 1beaver_shooter, 57 invisible), 14,369 guests, and 1,097 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,221
Posts18,543,833
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.