Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
I’m about to get my 223 back from getting a new barrel and other work done and want to start over with my loading components for it. I can’t find Lapua anywhere and all I can find in the web is a statement saying they stopped or slowed certain cartridges to better serve military and others. Not sure about that, it’s an open ended statement that doesn’t really say anything. No mention of time and who the others are. I can’t understand them slowing down their most popular, money making cartridge. Do any of you know when we can see more brass from them? I’m fine in the brass department because I have a few 223 rifles. I must have thousands of brass from 4 different companies. I just want to start off with Lapua.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Do you honestly think that reloaders make more money for NAMMO group than the military. Now that’s a laugh for the day.

Swifty
P
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
Then tell us how much or how little the reloader does for Nammo Lapua Oy? I can’t find that anywhere. The biggest spending military, ours, doesn’t use Lapua, and if they do, I bet it’s in small runs. I doubt China or India needs millions of 223 brass from them. I would like to know what military or military’s they are providing top notch, top dollar brass for when there are cheaper alternatives for budgets to consider.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
you think the location of Finland, to the Ukraine, might have anything to do with them switching priority to military
ammo or components? This would include European NATO members ammo needs, if they get pulled into the conflict in the Ukraine?

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by PaintedDesert
Then tell us how much or how little the reloader does for Nammo Lapua Oy? I can’t find that anywhere. The biggest spending military, ours, doesn’t use Lapua, and if they do, I bet it’s in small runs. I doubt China or India needs millions of 223 brass from them. I would like to know what military or military’s they are providing top notch, top dollar brass for when there are cheaper alternatives for budgets to consider.

You're implicitly assuming they would supply "match grade" Lapua. Maybe they're using their production capacity for that dimension of brass at higher speed and looser specs for general purpose military ammo.

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I’m about to get my 223 back from getting a new barrel and other work done and want to start over with my loading components for it..

Based on my very satisfactory experience with SIG brass for 243 and 308 Winchester I'd be inclined to try some SIG if I were in your shoes.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Well tell you what bud here’s a link

https://www.nammo.com/product/our-products/ammunition/

Now you go see what all NAMMO makes for the military and see exactly how small you matter, betting not even 1%

Swifty
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I’m about to get my 223 back from getting a new barrel and other work done and want to start over with my loading components for it. I can’t find Lapua anywhere and all I can find in the web is a statement saying they stopped or slowed certain cartridges to better serve military and others. Not sure about that, it’s an open ended statement that doesn’t really say anything. No mention of time and who the others are. I can’t understand them slowing down their most popular, money making cartridge. Do any of you know when we can see more brass from them? I’m fine in the brass department because I have a few 223 rifle. I must have thousands of brass from 4 different companies. I just want to start off with Lapua.

You may want to put a WTB ad in the classifieds here. I sold some a couple months ago, when a guy was needing some. Also, as you know, Lapua makes great brass, but there are other manufactures out there that also make great brass. mathman's suggestion was good, if Sig makes 223 rem brass and it's available. From what I've seen, just about all of it is good. Even range pickup works great in the AR's. But since you are wanting new Lapua brass in your new barreled rifle, a classifieds WTB will probably net your best results. Good luck with it.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
USA Lapua seems to have it. $82/100, no mention of it being out of stock.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
USA Lapua seems to have it. $82/100, no mention of it being out of stock.

Betting scam

Swifty
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Hmmm. Could be. The web site screams "official Lapua" and even uses the same graphics. But in this day and age....

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
It's a scam. The only payment options are Zelle or cryptocurrency.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Swifty,

Thank you for the link, it was very helpful and insightful. I too was wondering when Lapua would resume making their 223rem. Unfortunately, us reloaders are chump change to the market.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
How much do you need & what might you consider a fair price? I may, be able to help.

Last edited by Hunterapp; 11/19/23.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Looks like Loaded ammo may be a consideration. Check out red river reloading, for example.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Painted Desert: I am not up on foreign politics and foreign brass production goals - but I do want to encourage you to keep looking for some LaPua 223 Remington brass.
One of my MANY heavy barrel 223 Remingtons uses LaPua brass and does so INCREDIBLY well.
Some years back I was breaking in a new Remington XR-100 in 223 Remington (with Leupold 8.5x25 variable scope). During final load development I fired THE smallest group (five shots at 100 yards) I have ever shot with an all factory stock Rifle (non-40X Rifles)!
That group measured .121" and that Rifle consistently shoots so very well using that LaPua brass. That is why I am encouraging you to keep looking for some LaPua 223 brass.
Good luck.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

P
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
I will keep looking. I have a little from way back but they have dozens of reloads on them. I prepped about 300 pieces of FC brass out of about 700+ that were the most consistent of the bunch to start with, it took forever, but I haven’t had a chance to shoot them yet. I used the cheaper bullets on about 40 pieces so I don’t waste the good stuff. Lapua is worth the wait and I will keep my eyes peeled. I definitely notice the difference with them compared to others. My goal now is to get close with the FC brass and wait for Lapua to be available.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I have 100 cases, once-fired 223 Lapua, lightly sized with a neck bushing (no expander ball), primed with Rem 7-1/2 primers.

Last edited by MaxwellCreek; 11/30/23.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I personally use mostly IMI and some Lapua brass in the .223 and 223AI. But several yrs. ago I sold a mint, early Rem. varmint 223 to the guy I shoot with. And he uses nothing but pick-up range brass in that thing, whatever non-military is out there, several different headstamps, un-sorted. That gun shoots quarter inch groups, I've seen them. His hit ratio is very high and I've never seen him miss a prairie dog. I wouldn't use that stuff and don't need to anyway, but still........

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

419 members (10ring1, 1lessdog, 1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 52 invisible), 2,504 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,366
Posts18,488,184
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.