D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson
Maybe rolling in them too! Lol!

Thanks Scott! I'll be on the 40 by myself, if you want some different woods to look at, give me a holler.

By yourself ya say? laugh laugh

Lol!

Give me a holler!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by tzone
Maybe rolling in them too! Lol!

Thanks Scott! I'll be on the 40 by myself, if you want some different woods to look at, give me a holler.

By yourself ya say? laugh laugh

Lol!

Give me a holler!

I'm just giving you shiit. I'll be over in NW WI, dodging deer drive bullets.

Camp is where you make it.
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Figured... but the offer still stands!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
The 722 in 300 Savage with a Leupold Vari-X IIc 2-7... I did add a new sling to it...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

And have my grandpa's 30's vintage Western scalpel sharp!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by DeanAnderson; 11/16/23. Reason: add pictures

NRA life member

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The 722 in 300 Savage with a Leupold Vari-X IIc 2-7... I did add a new sling to it...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Awesome deer getter!

Semper Fi
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We are near Stevens Point and the deer numbers are crazy high by us. The number of yearlings is surprising.
I have taken two does already and passed 12 small bucks I can't get anything decent close so hopefully Saturday is different. The rut is pretty far along and with warm weather everything will be sitting tight I imagine.

"Jerry is dead, Phish suck time to get a job "
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

You don’t get much more classic than that!! Awesome set up Dean.

Camp is where you make it.
E
E77 Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
Great Rifle!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Does this mean roundoak has his orange clothing hanging on the front porch? whistle

He's freshening up his boots in cow pies at this very moment.

I think round oak lives on. I see a new guy posting and it’s all too familiar.

Talking to you is like trying to nail jello to the wall.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The DNR loves to give out tags for doe to private land owners. Too bad most do t shoot doe. We take 2 a year off of 200 acres and I haven’t seen an increase in doe numbers. I think all the baiting that goes on around us plays a part but we’ve also had an increase in bear and bobcat. Winter was awfully mild so it will be interesting to see how many doe are really around once they start getting bumped.

IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Heading out this morning Dean. I'll be in SW WI near Reedsburg, in the Driftless area.

My son and I will be hunting the 95 acres I bought 2 years ago. We put up a couple Redneck blinds this spring, so we're hunting in comfort. I as actually hoping for some snow and colder weather, so we could test the insulation smile

Got two free doe tags, but with all the nice bucks we have on trail cam I doubt we'll use them.

Good luck to you all, and be safe out there.

BTW Dean, I scored big on an auction the other day, and have another 257Wby on the way. Don't really need this one either crazy

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Very cool rifle Dean!

Hope you have good luck but above all, have a great time!

I have jealous!!! LOL

Bill

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Thanks all guys! Good luck, be safe, and enjoy!

260madman, no problem killin a doe. In fact, I'll do my best for at least 1 of the 8 tags. I'm down to 1 pound of ground and a couple steaks from last year.

NRA life member

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Sweet rifle Dean, I love the old 300 Savage. 👍

Good luck to you all tomorrow!

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
So far... no deer have been harmed in this hunt! Lol!

NRA life member

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D

Love that rifle and knife. Very cool. Now for the dead stuff pics. Good luck

Lloyd McCarter and the Honky Tonk Revival
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Well... 3 little dinks showed up end of day that got a pass. Looking forward to seeing what tomorrow brings!

NRA life member

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Daughter [bleep] a small 8pt. She did not shoot the 8pt that had about a 17” spread with 9” tines. She was lost in space on that one for some reason. Still shaking my head. She used her AR in 5.56 with a 77 TMK at a bit more than 150 yards. Lungs were trashed and on the exit side there was a chunk of lung hanging out the hole. Easy and short blood trail to follow.

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Opening weekend resulted in no deer, only saw 3 little dinks. Too warm? Not enough pressure around me to move deer around? Who knows. But it was nice being out there. Stand is in a cluster of bigger cedar trees, built a platform and put a school bus seat up in it, so, it's called the bus seat stand! Real original, I know! Lol! The meadow it overlooks, typically, has a lot of deer going through it and there's a few shooting lanes going through the cedars behind it. To the East and South, there's big ag, to the North, there's some really thick scrub that the deer love. To the West, is thick cedars. A Bald Eagle did show up and brought a murder of crows and ravens with it. The crows and ravens were SO loud, pretty much couldn't hear anything else for a while. It also didn't take me long to go through the PBJ samiches I brought along either! But I was out there from well before sunrise to after the Leupold Vari-X IIc couldn't see anymore. But I'm confident I'll end up with a doe in the freezer, just too many deer out there, just need to put in my time and be patient. Be safe and enjoy!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by DeanAnderson; 11/23/23. Reason: add pictures

NRA life member

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

140 members (44mc, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 35, 69sportfury, 15 invisible), 1,580 guests, and 949 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,119
Posts18,483,520
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.