Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CashisKing
If ANYONE in this forum finds me to lie... EVER...

Please sound off.

Several here, including myself, have just witnessed that you are full of schitt. It's not only that you are a bonafide liar--it's also that you just don't know what you're talking about. So you are the one who, for everyone's sake, should shut the fugg up.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by pal

Please sound off.

Several here, including myself, have just witnessed that you are full of schitt. It's not only that you are a bonafide liar--it's also that you just don't know what you're talking about. So you are the one who, for everyone's sake, should shut the fugg up.

I was talking to the men on this forum...

Not the geriatric California shuffleboard wannabees..

Just admit ONCE AND FOR ALL that you know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT... UV Inhibitors... Epoxy improvements in the past FIVE decades... And you piss your pants every hour... on the hour.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Still hunting your commentary...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by pal

Please sound off.

Several here, including myself,
have just witnessed that you are full of schitt.

SPELL IT OUT!

Ring the damn bell...

JFC... this thread is about UV Inhibitors...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
... this thread is about UV Inhibitors...

Actually this thread is about you, an untrustworthy, lying sack of crap.

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by pal
... this thread is about UV Inhibitors...

Actually this thread is about you, an untrustworthy, lying sack of crap.

Read the title you old fugg...

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Heym06
Oregon noticed you lied! Dropping your credibility to zero! GFY. Real simple to understand for most!

Horsechit... Oregon wouldn't notice a BBC in their mouth...

Then again... you might savor it.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by fburgtx
UV Inhibitor Study

Kinda interesting…

Read that...

Also a call into BASF...

FGCI getting me specs on their inhibitor.

Sunscreen... UV inhibitors...

Sunglasses... UV inhibitors...

Auto paint/clear coat... UV inhibitors...

Yada Yada

pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Lying sack of crap is what this thread is actually about. Did you really think you could get away with claiming you built that ugly boat?

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by pal
Lying sack of crap is what this thread is actually about. Did you really think you could get away with claiming you built that ugly boat?

UGLY BOAT?

The restoration is outstanding... That is polished gelcoat... not some brokedick paint...

You ain't ever built or restored chit...

At least in the past 45 years... I call BS on your lies... Mr Geritol

And say it with me...

UV Inhibitors...

UV Inhibitors...

UV Inhibitors...

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Pal...

You ever lay a keel with RoundOak?

IC B3

pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Lying sack of crap.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C

And say it out loud:

I know nothing about UV Inhibitors...

Always remember...

The first step in shaking off your old fugg brokedick ways... is to admit that you know dick about dick...

You will probably piss yourself less often as well...

+1 on that.

Right?

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Pal...

You ever lay a keel with RoundOak?

So Yes... on the RoundOak keel?

Gots pics?

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Started building my 35' sailboat in '77 and launched in '83. Have spent a large percentage of the time in between then and now trying to keep what seems like acres of teak decks, hatches, bulwarks and other trim varnished. Have yet to find a product which gives you more than a few years before you must prep and re-coat, manufacturers claims notwithstanding. This seems to be the experience of every other boat owner and boat builder or bright work professional I have known.

My best results came from giving the teak (or other suitable wood) a base clearcoat or two of a clear epoxy followed by 8-10 coats of a high quality two-part clear coat urethane such as the Awl-Grip system. While I really love the West products and continue to use several gallons each year on various building projects in my experience it may not be the best optioin for a clear basecoat as I have seen it fog out resulting in an opaque finish - even when topcoated with exterior spar varnish. I speak here of West's standard 105 / 205 epoxy / hardner as I have not tried their newer brightwork undercoats having settled on System Three for my go-to bright work undercoat. Re-prep and re-coat every year BEFORE it looks like it needs to be done ... if you allow cracking or moisture to get underneath the topcoats you must strip down to bare wood and start over.

A coat or two of the same epoxy followed by 10 coats or so of a quality spar varnish will come in close but does not have the longevity of industrial grade two part urethanes in my experience. A coat or two and calling it good will not work out happily. If you are determined to try and clearcoat your deck, I would recommend you walk the docks of several salt water marina's full of high-end yachts, preferably in a high sun area, and discuss product and technique with professional maintenance people who can be found hard at work there. Everyone will have a different story but patterns will emerge. Whatever you do, don't go for advice from poorly paid and inexperienced hardware store or marine supply store salespeople - what they are told by product sales reps may not be completely accurate and it is unlikely they have actual practical experience.

Brightwork is a huge amount of work but the results can be beautiful and will protect the joinery.

Again, nothing I have seen will give you a lasting finish on rough surfaces such as a residentul deck when exposed to sun. It can look good for a year or two but then reality will sink in. Good luck with your project ... if nothing else, at least the finish upkeep will provide you you with a new, life long hobby.

Last edited by outahere; 11/20/23.
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Look out condition 1, coming out!😆😆

Don't you mean "Condition T1-11"?

Ain't all Oregon brokedick after-all?

pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
CashisKing is a lying sack of crap.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Oregon noticed you lied! Dropping your credibility to zero! GFY. Real simple to understand for most!

. You ever think of just saying, I was telling an untruth, and extrapolating on what I really did! Most would think you manned up. Instead you resort to childish word throwing. Another reason to never believe a word you write! Your parents should have taught you, one lie leads to another, sorry pos! G F Y.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by outahere
Started building my 35' sailboat in '77 and launched in '83. Have spent a large percentage of the time in between then and now trying to keep what seems like acres of teak decks, hatches, bulwarks and other trim varnished. Have yet to find a product which gives you more than a few years before you must prep and re-coat, manufacturers claims notwithstanding. This seems to be the experience of every other boat owner and boat builder or bright work professional I have known.

My best results came from giving the teak (or other suitable wood) a base clearcoat or two of a clear epoxy followed by 8-10 coats of a high quality two-part clear coat urethane such as the Awl-Grip system. While I really love the West products and continue to use several gallons each year on various building projects in my experience it may not be the best optioin for a clear basecoat as I have seen it fog out resulting in an opaque finish - even when topcoated with exterior spar varnish. I speak here of West's standard 105 / 205 epoxy / hardner as I have not tried their newer brightwork undercoats having settled on System Three. Re-prep and re-coat every year BEFORE it looks like it needs to be done ... if you allow cracking or moisture to get underneath the topcoats you must strip down to bare wood and start over.

A coat or two of the same epoxy followed by 10 coats or so of a quality spar varnish will come in close but does not have the longevity of industrial grade two part urethanes in my experience. A coat or two and calling it good will not work out happily. If you are determined to try and clearcoat your deck, I would recommend you walk the docks of several salt water marina's full of high-end yachts, preferably in a high sun area, and discuss product and technique with professional maintenance people who can be found hard at work there. Everyone will have a different story but patterns will emerge. Whatever you do, don't go for advice from poorly paid and inexperienced hardware store or marine supply store salespeople - what they are told by product sales reps may not be completely accurate and it is unlikely they have actual practical experience.

Brightwork is a huge amount of work but the results can be beautiful and will protect the joinery.

Again, nothing I have seen will give you a lasting finish on rough surfaces such as a residentul deck when exposed to sun. It can look good for a year or two but then reality will sink in. Good luck with your project ... if nothing else, at least the finish upkeep will provide you you with a new, life long hobby.

Thanks for writing all of that...

I am not doing a deck... I am doing a octagonal house on top of a WV mountain Laura and I own... https://www.baysidejoinery.com/the-cheslight

Basically the "Ware Neck" but where all exterior surfaces will be SYP... bright finished.

Also... Not in a flood plane... so accordingly... NOT on stilts.

Epoxy has outstanding isophthalic numbers against the elements, BUT UV degradation is a huge concern. 10 or so coats of topical will buy us time ONLY... nothing is permanent.

BASF's Tinuvin claims excellent mitigation... I am seeking knowledge on same from real world folks... Nothing more.

"...encapsulate organic UV stabilizers and lignin (as a natural UV absorber) into halloysite nanotubes (HNTs)... to ensure successful encapsulation, the pristine and filled halloysite nanotubes were characterized quantitatively, using a thermogravimetric analyzer (TGA), and qualitatively with X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS)."

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0300944020313199

Same stuff as in sunscreen et al.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by pal
CashisKing is a lying sack of crap.

You may drool a quart an hour on your shirt... but you can still say it...

"I know nothing about UV Inhibitors..."

Put on a fresh diaper...

AND

Just do it!

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C

. You ever think of just saying, I was telling an untruth, and extrapolating on what I really did! Most would think you manned up. Instead you resort to childish word throwing. Another reason to never believe a word you write! Your parents should have taught you, one lie leads to another, sorry pos! G F Y.

Oregon...

The IQ of a dead gopher...

EVERY SINGLE TIME!

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 22250rem, 1badf350, 204guy, 56 invisible), 2,264 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,003
Posts18,500,053
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.