A
FISH CAMP!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BwanaCat
So, what is the truth and agenda regarding the US involvement in Ukraine vs Russia and Israel vs Hamas/Iran?? We Americans will probably never know the real truth. Where does the Republic go from here?

"Since the voice of the people is allowed to speak out [in democratic societies], those in power better control what that voice says — in other words, control what people think. One of the ways to do this is to create political debate that appears to embrace many opinions, but actually stays within very narrow margins. You have to make sure that both sides in the debate accept certain assumptions — and that those assumptions are the basis of the propaganda system. As long as everyone accepts the propaganda system, the debate is permissible.

During the Vietnam War, the U.S. propaganda system did its job partially but not entirely. Among educated people it worked very well. Studies show that among the more educated parts of the population, the government’s propaganda about the war is now accepted unquestioningly. One reason that propaganda often works better on the educated than on the uneducated is that educated people read more, so they receive more propaganda. Another is that they have jobs in management, media, and academia and therefore work in some capacity as agents of the propaganda system — and they believe what the system expects them to believe. By and large, they’re part of the privileged elite, and share the interests and perceptions of those in power."

Noam Chomsky, Propaganda, American-style, Interview conducted by David Barsamian of KGNU-Radio in Boulder, Colorado (Mid 1986)

"It is much more difficult to see a propaganda system at work where the media are private and formal censorship is absent. This is especially true where the media actively compete, periodically attack and expose corporate and government malfeasance, and aggressively portray themselves as spokesmen for free speech and the general community interest. What is not evident (and remains undiscussed in the media) is the limited nature of such critiques, as well as the huge inequality of the command of resources, and its effect both on access to a private media system and on its behavior and performance." (Emphasis Added).

Edward S. Herman and Noam Chomsky, Manufacturing Consent; The Political Economy of the Mass Media, (Pantheon Books, New York, 1988), pp. xiv, 1—2.

You have just described Faux Nuze.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Tell us again about that cold, dark winter that Europe and all of the EU had to endure last year.
Where did India get all that fuel they sold to Western Europe? I didn't know that India produced so much oil that they were a major exporter.
Nobody ever explained where in the world India got all that oil that they in turn furnished to Europe. I just don't believe they have enough domestic production for that.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Russia now 16 months into the failed invasion of Ukraine with Ukraine troops gaining more ground around Bakhmut and in the south front.

Ukraine guerrilla groups now attacking targeted points at will.
This is from July 13, 2023. Russia was near surrender.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
@Bristoe, perhaps you are correct. However, sometimes what is old is new again. My point being because there is so much propaganda, misinformation, disinformation, Mal information and other psychological war operations put forth by the US Government via government agencies, media companies, and technology companies, that trying to decipher the truth about the Ukraine-Russia and Israel-Iran/Hamas is damn near impossible.

Btw, wasn't it Joseph Goebbels (Chief Propagandist for the German Nazi Party) that said, "all news is propaganda"? Goebbels is credited with stating, "think of the press as a great keyboard on which the government can play" and "propaganda works best when those who are being manipulated are confident they are working on their own free will." I would say that the above hold true today.

Happy Thanksgiving my friend.

IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Russia now 16 months into the failed invasion of Ukraine with Ukraine troops gaining more ground around Bakhmut and in the south front.

And Bahkmut is now known as Artemovsk, a city in Russia.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Fubarski

And Bahkmut is now known as Artemovsk, a city in Russia.

And Ukraine is known as Ukraine in Russia.

Ohh, the Russian central bank now says that it’ll have to raise the interest rate to over the present 15% to combat the inflation and shortages that continue to plague the country and its inflation problems.

WSJ

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
[And Ukraine is known as Ukraine in Russia.

cuckraine is knowed as a buffet in Russia.

Russia just decidin what it wants ta take.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ohh, the Russian central bank now says that it’ll have to raise the interest rate to over the present 15% to combat the inflation and shortages that continue to plague the country and its inflation problems.
WSJ
I wish to hell we would try to stop inflation in our country.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
WSJ
I wish to hell we would try to stop inflation in our country.

Come out from under the rock that you live under.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just advice for the unawares:

Never ever disagree with Bristoe and never ever point out his dismal record (ongoing) of predictions.

It’ll piss him off and put him in a snit.
Houston-2: I am willing to make that $1000 bet with you that at the end of 2 years from today that Russia is still in control of some of the former territory of Ukraine if you and I will put the money in the control of a trusted member of the 24HCF such as Jim Conrad or Paul the bicycle man or anyone else we can mutually agree on. The money will have to be put up this coming week or no deal.

What a generous man you are with that bet offering. Magnanimous you are even!

Don’t tell anyone else, Possum Cop but I too am quite sure that Putin will retain a piece of the Ukraine in the end. I’m also quite sure it’ll be a long while before he goes dilly dallying amok and tries to invade another sovereign nation.

Presently Putin’s achievements towards that end in the Ukraine invasion is a bit less than 20%.

Time for you to triple down on your investments in the mighty ruble. Go for it and do keep us posted, please and don’t forget your prayers and oblations to Mr. Putin as the power of prayer is something to behold.
Darn it, I thought you would bite on that. You are in fact somewhat of a realist. I thought maybe your feelings for Ukraine might blind you but I didn't trust you to payoff, hence my condition that someone neutral hold the money.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The Russian Wagner Group has been tasked with providing Hezbollah in Lebanon missile air defense systems.

CNN, WSJ

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Just advice for the unawares:

Never ever disagree with Bristoe and never ever point out his dismal record (ongoing) of predictions.

It’ll piss him off and put him in a snit.
Houston-2: I am willing to make that $1000 bet with you that at the end of 2 years from today that Russia is still in control of some of the former territory of Ukraine if you and I will put the money in the control of a trusted member of the 24HCF such as Jim Conrad or Paul the bicycle man or anyone else we can mutually agree on. The money will have to be put up this coming week or no deal.

What a generous man you are with that bet offering. Magnanimous you are even!

Don’t tell anyone else, Possum Cop but I too am quite sure that Putin will retain a piece of the Ukraine in the end. I’m also quite sure it’ll be a long while before he goes dilly dallying amok and tries to invade another sovereign nation.

Presently Putin’s achievements towards that end in the Ukraine invasion is a bit less than 20%.

Time for you to triple down on your investments in the mighty ruble. Go for it and do keep us posted, please and don’t forget your prayers and oblations to Mr. Putin as the power of prayer is something to behold.
Darn it, I thought you would bite on that. You are in fact somewhat of a realist. I thought maybe your feelings for Ukraine might blind you but I didn't trust you to payoff, hence my condition that someone neutral hold the money.

Yeah, you’re a real heavy thinker.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Russian soldiers have been exposing their hands and arms above their trenches in hopes of being wounded so that they can be removed from the front and receive a 50,000 ruble payout for their injuries. Russian paratroopers have purportedly shot themselves in the legs and feet to escape from the front lines.

Reuters, Business Insider

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Russian Wagner Group has been tasked with providing Hezbollah in Lebanon missile air defense systems.

CNN, WSJ

Putin Pufters love to support Iran and Iranian proxys.

ChiComs, Muzzys, Orcs and Norks. Any one who hate the USA.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Burns and Houston looking forward to those big empty tables this holiday.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

CNN, WSJ

Putin Pufters love to support Iran and Iranian proxys.

ChiComs, Muzzys, Orcs and Norks. Any one who hate the USA.

Nobody with two brain cells talking to each other is in favor of any foreign policy instigated by Biden and the crazies who control him.

All they know how to do is have a War Mitzvah.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Gaylensky said in an interview with The Sun newspaper, that Russia will continue to advance until the US and China tell it to leave.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by deflave
Burns and Houston looking forward to those big empty tables this holiday.

LOL

Heh!

Atta boy, drunkard, you tell’em.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Now that the money tit's goin dry, pension payments have begun to be disrupted in a number of Ukrainian towns - a video shows a pensioner from Krivoy Rog shouting in despair, "Where is our money?

The already meager pensions on which Ukrainian pensioners survive may cease altogether, as Gaylensky's regime will save money on old people to spend on the army.

Page 136 of 314 1 2 134 135 136 137 138 313 314

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (204guy, 222ND, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 257 mag, 219 Wasp, 59 invisible), 1,864 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,249
Posts18,525,116
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.