Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I seriously doubt his has a custom chamber ol boy.... and no I'm not sucking up OL BOY. Keep thinking that.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by anothergun
I seriously doubt his has a custom chamber ol boy.... and no I'm not sucking up OL BOY. Keep thinking that.

SMDH, are you even for real??

Not even close to eluding he has a custom chamber douchebag. He does have necked down brass though and possibly necks that are too thick for his seating and expanding operation, causing a little bit too much neck tension.

TRY, to just keep up here, hmm??

Let's get his necks hardened up a little from his over annealing and get them fireformed to his chamber, whatever it is. Then go from there.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm hesitant to add this, this topic doesn't really need any more complications. But the only true place to measure run out is inside the neck. The outside includes the difference in the neck thickness. At least in most full length dies. A cheap dial test indicator and mag base is all that is needed. Try Shars for one . A bonus , most DTIs are in half thou.

Last edited by downwindtracker2; 11/21/23. Reason: missing word

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
I'm hesitant to add this, this topic doesn't really need any more complications. But the only true place to measure run out is inside the neck. The outside includes the difference in the neck thickness. At least in most full length dies. A cheap dial test indicator and mag base is all that is needed. Try Shars for one . A bonus , most DTIs are in half thou.

I'm not hesitant to add this.... measuring Inside ? LOL I think your splitting hairs.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Feral_American

SMDH, are you even for real??

Not even close to eluding he has a custom chamber douchebag. He does have necked down brass though and possibly necks that are too thick for his seating and expanding operation, causing a little bit too much neck tension.

TRY, to just keep up here, hmm??

Let's get his necks hardened up a little from his over annealing and get them fireformed to his chamber, whatever it is. Then go from there.

And nobody that is keeping up with this thread doesn't know that you're just running your mouth as usual, right? LOL

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Behind the curve, as usual.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
you just love to have the last word.....POS I'm sure your lovely wife loves that ! Or are you still married ? I'm thinking not ! For as much as you act like a homo I'll say no. Are you swinging the other way ?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
you just love to have the last word.....POS I'm sure your lovely wife loves that ! Or are you still married ? I'm thinking not ! For as much as you act like a homo I'll say no. Are you swinging the other way ?

What is your problem... seriously?

Too close for irons, switching to scope...
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by MikeS

he likes to run his mouth. So he calmed down alot since I break his balls.

Last edited by anothergun; 11/22/23.
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Didn't intend for this post to get carried away. Kinda lets you know who are the good people trying to help an obviously novice reloader. Although I have been loading for over 30 years with good results at my accuracy requirements, I am definitely a novice with annealing! I have also never reformed brass as much as going from 264wm to 257wm and I am very grateful for those with positive advice.

None the less I have invested a good bit of money and time trying to make the 264 converted brass work and although not throwing in the towel, as I have 250 of them, i am in search of some new or 1 time fired Weatherby or Norma 257 Weatherby Mag brass as I am trying to get a good load developed before a hunt in Alabama at the first of the year. Any advice on where to find some would be appreciated as my search on line has not revealed any at a reasonable, Weatherby price wise, amount.

Thanks to all that have tried helping me with solid and helpful advice and I have not given up on work hardening the brass and will let yall know when I finally, if ever, get the brass to load a concentric round.

HeavyBarrel

" A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"
G. Washington
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MikeS

He’s just anotherdickhead

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by HeavyBarrel
Didn't intend for this post to get carried away. Kinda lets you know who are the good people trying to help an obviously novice reloader. Although I have been loading for over 30 years with good results at my accuracy requirements, I am definitely a novice with annealing! I have also never reformed brass as much as going from 264wm to 257wm and I am very grateful for those with positive advice.

None the less I have invested a good bit of money and time trying to make the 264 converted brass work and although not throwing in the towel, as I have 250 of them, i am in search of some new or 1 time fired Weatherby or Norma 257 Weatherby Mag brass as I am trying to get a good load developed before a hunt in Alabama at the first of the year. Any advice on where to find some would be appreciated as my search on line has not revealed any at a reasonable, Weatherby price wise, amount.

Thanks to all that have tried helping me with solid and helpful advice and I have not given up on work hardening the brass and will let yall know when I finally, if ever, get the brass to load a concentric round.

HeavyBarrel

I know for a fact you'll get the annealing figured out.

Before you toss the towel on those 250 pcs of brass, why not just load some up and see how they shoot? I mean, what do you have to lose? As long as they headspace safely it might be worth it to see what they do. If nothing else shooting them will definitely help with working hardening them back to what they're supposed to be.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

HeavyBarrel

You'll figure it out bro.... it takes time.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2

I'm not hesitant to add this.... measuring Inside ? LOL I think your splitting hairs.

Why bother measuring if you are not using a true surface ? Just load and shoot.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You'll figure it out bro.... it takes time.

"Bro"........"it takes time"

From the joker who back in this thread said he was giving his "last ditch effort" to help.....because the OP "wouldn't follow simple directions".

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
I have shot them and have got decent groups but the unexplained flyers is what got me using the concentricity gauge. I have never used one in the past 30 plus years of handloading and borrowed the gauge from a friend. This rifle is a 257 Weatherby Mag and I would like to limit throat erosion by not just firing a bunch of loads just to fire-form if I can keep from it. I will not give up on the brass but trying to get a load developed for an upcoming hunt in Alabama where I will be hunting some clear cut areas with a chance at longer ranges where I could utilize the flat trajectory and just wanting to use my new rifle. I have found some brass, offered up from some nice helpful members on here and hopefully can develop a load without the brass hassle that I have been experiencing.

Like I mentioned before this cartridge brass conversion is new to me. I know I have created the issue obviously by over annealing and if I can get it back by work hardening that will be great but in the time being, with the urgency, I am going to try the 257wm brass and see if I can't find a load to hunt with this year after Christmas.

HeavyBarrel

" A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"
G. Washington
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I have shot them and have got decent groups but the unexplained flyers is what got me using the concentricity gauge. I have never used one in the past 30 plus years of handloading and borrowed the gauge from a friend. This rifle is a 257 Weatherby Mag and I would like to limit throat erosion by not just firing a bunch of loads just to fire-form if I can keep from it. I will not give up on the brass but trying to get a load developed for an upcoming hunt in Alabama where I will be hunting some clear cut areas with a chance at longer ranges where I could utilize the flat trajectory and just wanting to use my new rifle. I have found some brass, offered up from some nice helpful members on here and hopefully can develop a load without the brass hassle that I have been experiencing.

Like I mentioned before this cartridge brass conversion is new to me. I know I have created the issue obviously by over annealing and if I can get it back by work hardening that will be great but in the time being, with the urgency, I am going to try the 257wm brass and see if I can't find a load to hunt with this year after Christmas.

HeavyBarrel

COW bud COW

Cream of Wheat method pistol powder of proper proportion, toilet paper, cow and wax.

Swifty
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Max load bullet touching lands.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Max load bullet touching lands.

You were told about the problem with this earlier in this very thread.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
What problem? You think l have a problem.

Last edited by anothergun; 11/25/23.
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (1Longbow, 1936M71, 007FJ, 1234, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 58 invisible), 2,223 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,659
Posts18,493,580
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.