Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Wouldn't that just make him her other uncle?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm

You are probably going to regret not thinking that through a little further.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steve
Originally Posted by Slavek
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
Much respect is definitely due the Polish soldiers!

I am 💯% sure the Poles signed some kind of defense agreement with 🇺🇦, 🇺🇲 & 🇬🇧 in case Russians try to move west. They will be next to find themselves in the 🍖 grinder.

Poland is part of Nato and one of the bigger 'contributors' in terms of defense spending. Pretty sure they're tired of being the speed bump between Germany and Russia.

With Sweden and Finland in NATO the strategic situation has probably improved. The Poles did everything possible to make Russians hate them. In highly unlikely scenario where Russians move West the Poles may last long enough to get support from NATO. If the West continues to support Ukrainians Russian capabilities will diminish further.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When fighting in Iraq my son said the Polish guys were darn good at what they did.
They called them several times for backup in fighting, they showed up in those giant helicopters loaded to the hilt with everything and once directed where to lay down cover fire they blew the chit out of the enemy.
He traded with them and got some nice souviners, hard drinkers as well.

Did I make you cry......boooo hooo, life goes on.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
i am a 4th generation Pole. i hate Russia even more than the Nazis. at least the Nazis didn't provide "friendship" only to make your country a puppet state. Poland is Europe's military powerhouse. it is what we in the US call "The European Texas".

https://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.php?country_id=poland

https://www.warpowerpoland.com/

"Russia sucks."
---- Me, US Army (retired) 12B & 51B

Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".

IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Man it's a good thing someone as hysterical as you isn't in charge of anything.

I am MAGA.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by RufusG

You are probably going to regret not thinking that through a little further.

Probably won't really regret it one way or the other... but curious what I'm missing. (I assumed the uncle was a blood relative... I guess if it's an uncle by marriage the brother doesn't become her uncle?)

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

No. Her Uncle was married to her father's sister. Her Uncle's brother is her Uncle's brother.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

No. Her Uncle was married to her father's sister. Her Uncle's brother is her Uncle's brother.
Gotcha. Started wondering above and edited my comment. That's what I get for assuming.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Biggest loosers of Wold War II. The british government charged them for training, weapons,...... I wonder if Polish Government in exile had to pay for funerals of those killed in defense of britain. Yes, would not surprise me one bit.
The british did not even let them march in victory parade because that could upset Stalin. They told those pilots to leave England and go home. The Poles have handed over weapons to Ukrainians for free and signed contracts with Americans, South Koreans, British for billions of dollars, new bumper country against Russian expansion into Europe. Mercenary idiots of the world.

They were treated terrible after the war and then deported back to Poland where the Russians treated them even worse.The Brits should be ashamed at how they treated them.

Bb
Let's face it, the Brits are just one messed up bunch of leftist retards on a number of issues. They deserve to be overrun by moslems and their culture destroyed. Only the Germans are as stupid.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B3

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Man it's a good thing someone as hysterical as you isn't in charge of anything.

sure Jimbo... wanna explain a cause for your analysis of my "hysteria?"

But if we are involved in anything, I'm more than happy to let you be "in charge."

Who's more logical and experienced than a NW Montana Rancher / EMT?

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Pretty good at bowling and polka too.

Old guy, old guns.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by tdoyka
i am a 4th generation Pole. i hate Russia even more than the Nazis. at least the Nazis didn't provide "friendship" only to make your country a puppet state. Poland is Europe's military powerhouse. it is what we in the US call "The European Texas".

https://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.php?country_id=poland

https://www.warpowerpoland.com/

If I was a pollack I’d be proud of it and be a fanboy too maybe. No winged hussar reference?

But I’m an American an I’m proud of our boys. Supersedes all else.

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Seafire
Always been a student of the Battle of Britain, from living over there.

The British had a habit of a 4 finger flight of a/c. They would go after a bomber in that formation. German fighters would come up and take them down 1 2 3 4, while they were trying to line up on the Bomber.. It was a dumbass thing to do.

they Poles, much like the Rasta of the Luftwaffe, loose formation of pilot and wingmen in two pairs.
Their training and experience, and their hate for the Nazis, that attacked their nation, they were Highly Motivated.

Just to clarify, IIRC the RAF’s fighter tactics consisted of a squadron of twelve aircraft formed up into four tight “Vic’s” of three aircraft each. See the link for a clear explanation.

https://www.classicwarbirds.co.uk/articles/royal-air-force-tactics-during-the-battle-of-britain.php

The theory was that three fighters attacking in unison would bring more firepower onto the target in what was expected to be just a two-second window of opportunity per firing pass.

The two second presumption was remarkably prescient and was the basis for the sudden upgrade to eight gun fighters such as the Hurricane and the Spitfire as opposed to the two or four gun designs in previous fighters. They had estimated how many .303 bullets would be needed to be delivered on target to down an enemy aircraft and calculated how many machine guns would be needed to achieve that. Hence the new requirement for eight gun fighters.

The tight three plane vic formations however were a disaster, the two trailer planes giving all their attention to maintaining formation with the leader rather than scanning the skies and when they did get “bounced” the Bf109’s diving from above had three targets to choose from.

During the BoB some RAF flight leaders adopted the highly effective German loose four-plane “finger four” formations but apparently this did not become official dogma as taught in training squadrons until 1942, long after the BoB and even after the RAF fighters consistently got their a$$es kicked by the Luftwaffe during their “rhubarb” fighter sweeps over Northern France in 1941.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Biggest loosers of Wold War II. The british government charged them for training, weapons,...... I wonder if Polish Government in exile had to pay for funerals of those killed in defense of britain. Yes, would not surprise me one bit.
The british did not even let them march in victory parade because that could upset Stalin. They told those pilots to leave England and go home. The Poles have handed over weapons to Ukrainians for free and signed contracts with Americans, South Koreans, British for billions of dollars, new bumper country against Russian expansion into Europe. Mercenary idiots of the world.

They were treated terrible after the war and then deported back to Poland where the Russians treated them even worse.The Brits should be ashamed at how they treated them.

Bb
Let's face it, the Brits are just one messed up bunch of leftist retards on a number of issues. They deserve to be overrun by moslems and their culture destroyed. Only the Germans are as stupid.

kwg

They are reaping what they sowed. It is only fitting they become servants of colonials. Same for the Germans. The first concentration camps were established by them in Africa, long before they appeared in Germany and German-occupied Europe of World War II.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 222Sako, 59 invisible), 2,592 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,930
Posts18,498,641
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.