Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I hope you guys have better luck than I did.

After years of calling the "old way", my lovely wife decided to get me a FoxPro for Christmas.

We really looked forward to it getting here, & really upgraded our coyote calling gear in anticipation of it's arrival.
I had taken off time from work to hunt with her after Christmas...We were like 2 kids with Santa bringing them a new bike......Hell, i even stepped up to the plate for a new accurized AR-15 coyote rifle. crazy

She ordered the 416LR with remote as it was on sale. (I even recommended to a member here advertising for a used FoxPro.)

Well, they have a customer service gal that messed the order up....no response from foxpro about shipping. We called last Friday & finally got to talk to someone after days of trying.

We found out it had not even been shipped, & had already gotten confirmation that it would be here before X-mas from FoxPro.

We kinda insisted they send it next day service as not mess our hunt up....They grudgingly did. We got it yesterday.

Got it out & found out it had the remote, but that was all that was right about the order...The decoy wasn't there!
Then, come to find out, they had sent a FOXPRO 416B! That model won't operate with a remote.....!!To make things worse, the sounds they had loaded on it were not even our sounds.....(Kinda hard to get a coyote in with a whitetail sound..)

Anyway, we didn't get what we ordered & it really screwed up the whole trip we planned for hunting after X-mas.
There is just NO way we can get this back.

One of the FOXPRO Field Staff, Dusty Woods lives close to us, & I saw him out calling one day & stopped to talk to him. He convinced me that FoxPro was the best, & then told me what good folks they are there.

Maybe once you get successful, you forget what it was like before you HAD that success.

I'll let you know how this turns out.

What are you guys experiences with FoxPro?

thanks

Last edited by rockinbbar; 12/25/07.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Kind of a bummer I know, but Foxpro has great customer service and I'll guarantee they'll get you taken care of. My guess is, they're swamped this time of year and simply got your order and someone else's crossed.

As far as the hunt goes, if you've used hand calls in the past, I'd consider it a minor glitch and would in no way let it ruin your plans. A Foxpro is one tool in the bag of tricks, not a magic wand....

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
True, GW,

We were just saving our 80 sections of uncalled on ranch until we got the foxpro....
It was probably just that they were swamped, but I'm sure the guys at Savage Arms get swamped this time of year & don't resort to putting 22-250 barrels on 30-06 rifles....:)

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

They are growing too fast for their own good.

They are VERY good folks and will take care of you, but you need to call them and talk to them, they are swamped.

Spot

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Send me your address via PM and I'll send you my Foxpro Scorpion to use until they get you taken care of. I won't be able to get out calling again for at least a couple weeks so it'll just be sittin' here.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I greatly appreciate the offer, but I only have a couple days to hunt. I've decided to try & use what they sent. I just hate having to walk through the stand to set the volume, or change sounds.

Spotshooter, You are right. I suspect they will send the right unit. It's just kinda hard to replace time set aside for a planned hunt.

Great Wapiti, you are a stand-up guy! Not just anyone would make that offer. Foxpro has a loyal guy.

If they are that good, then perhaps I need to re-think my position with them.

If constructive critisism is productive, then I think Mike will benefit.

If I sounded dissapointed in what I got, you are right, I was.
I didn't mean to sound like I was totally bashing FoxPro, I guess I just had bad luck is all.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Like the other guys said... It is a bummer, no doubt. I'm waiting on an order from L.L. Bean that was shipped FedEx that is now six days over the "estimated delivery date" and keeps getting bumped up when it doesn't get delivered on the date it is supposed to. It's the season for such and patience is a virtue. I'd happily handcall my heart out and worry about the e-caller mess when I had time. I know that FoxPro's phone lines were fouled up and they have been having trouble with them for a couple of weeks or so. I also know they have been adding employees and going through some training programs for the new hires. These things are going to happen as a company grows. The one thing you can be sure of is that the Dillons WILL make this right IF you give them half a chance.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I'm sure they will MOGC. I'll give em that chance.
Thanks!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Sorry to hear that Barry...
I can ship you mine this week for you to use/try out/have...grin..
It has all the pertinant sounds you'll need...
It's going out the door in a few months anyway...

Lemme know....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I will bet this will get to mike. Funny how you have a beef with a company like foxpro and you express you disgust and low and behold you get a call or a message from mike or someone at foxpro. I am certain it will get handled and you will be satisfied. This is a very busy time for them I am sure. Their customer service for me has been second to none and they will go out of their way to find or to make right. Keep us informed. HAPPY HUNTING

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Greg!

You done any good down there? Sure is cold this morning here....I guess that's what makes the furs prime, though...LOL.

I'll just hold on & get it right with Foxpro. Thanks for the offer though.

You still using the compucaller?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
We run a tandem operation of CCII and Foxpro and whatever lanyard I decide to grab...grin...
There is no comparison side by side, really. It is astounding...

CCIII is due out in a few months and it's got my name written all over it...

Burnham Brothers gonna let me know when they get them in so I'll be one of the first...grin...

Pissed off some coyotes Saturday night, killed our usual fox but it was deathly quiet this weekend for the most part. Not a lot moving with the full moon as we've never had much luck when it's bright and they're "supposed to be moving"...

We killed the biggest grey any of us have ever killed down here this weekend. #4 Buck from 35 yards facing us. Gosh I love my choke tube. She died with her eyes still in the light it was so quick...

Killed a few doe, made sausage, the usual thing around this time transitioning from deer to preds...

Better not post on here what I killed the doe with, might be called unethical...grin...

Hope you had a Merry Christmas Barry. Dad remarked again how much he enjoyed getting out over there with you...

Last edited by Gmoney; 12/26/07.

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
F
F
rockinbbar,

I am truly sorry for the problem with your order. Like many have said, we are extremely busy. I can assure you that we are doing everything possible to keep up, but at the same time, leave no room for mistakes. I wish I could say that they don't happen here, but unfortunately they do. We have many new people here, and while training is essential, nothing beats hands on experience. When a problem occurs, we have very good trackability in house to get to the source of the problem, and address with those who made the mistake. Believe me, they don't like it when they are sitting in an office about an error.
To sum up, to find out what is going on, I will need your name. You can send me an email to mikegofoxpro.com, and I promise you that I will get it taken care of asap.

Mike Dillon

FOXPRO Inc.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice to see that happen..... been thinking about upgrading my old school Johnny Steward tape caller.....hmmmwink

Please don't feed the trolls!
F
F
rockinbbar,

I have been doing some checking, and I need your help. First, I think I found your order. It looks as if it was ordered off of the website. On the order from the site, there is no decoy there. Second, the unit that you got will say 416B on it. Does it have an antenna on the main unit? Remember, on those models, you have to switch it to the remote mode. I will do what I can, but I need more information.

p.s.-- There is also a note on the order that there were no sounds selected when you placed your order. It states that you were going to email the sounds. I have found the email you sent on the sounds, and there were some Mark II sounds selected that can not be used on the 416's. We had to replace those with other sounds. There are some Mark II's that will not reproduce as well on a 416 as they do on the FX series, so we do not allow them to be used on the 416's. I will check the site to make sure they are marked accordingly.

Mike Dillon

Last edited by FOXPRO; 12/26/07.
F
F
rockinbbar,

Ok, I now know what happened. Your decoy was ordered separately, and because of that was placed on a separate sales order. Your order for the 416 was upgraded to next day air, but they didn't see your order for the decoy, as it was in a different location at our facility. The decoy shipped 2 days earlier, but was shipped ground. I pulled up your sales order, and noticed that the attached email with sounds was for someone else, and not your order. That is why the sounds got mixed up. Also, the unit was a 416 non-remote. I have addressed that issue as well. I don't know what else to say but I'm sorry for the issues, and we are doing everything we can to ensure that it won't happen again. Your new unit is being overnighted to you today. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Mike Dillon

FOXPRO Inc.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
To Mike Dillon,

Mike, I do not own a foxpro but you can bet when I do upgrade to an electronic caller it will be one of yours.

I AM impressed with your serverce and response.

Gary

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Mike, first rate customer service.. Yes, it sounds like some mix up but great you will take care of it.. Top rate product and tope rate service... Hard to top that..

"Mark the birds and handle your Dog"
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Elkslayer
To Mike Dillon,

Mike, I do not own a foxpro but you can bet when I do upgrade to an electronic caller it will be one of yours.

I AM impressed with your serverce and response.

my thoughts exactly

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for getting on that Mike. My dad has a Foxpro and we love it!

rockinbbar, I know this doesn't take the sting out of missing that special hunt , but it sounds like a lot of factors came into play here.

I hope this all gets sorted out.

Wayne

"Doing right isn't always easy but it is always right."
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

420 members (10ring1, 1lessdog, 1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 52 invisible), 2,494 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,366
Posts18,488,184
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.