Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Darryle Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I currently have a picatinny rail on one particular rifle, swapped the stock with a McMillan Game Scout and now I have very poor cheek weld. So, I on the search for the lowest possible mounting system. I am spitballing, thinking that Talley Lightweight mounts in low is going to get me where I want to be.

Haven't looked at similar versions of one piece mounts, prefer something with a 20 MOA if available.

Thanks!

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I get a laugh out of your perpetual struggle to attach a scope to an rifle.

I am hoping you someday get it figured out.

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

WTF?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by pathfinder76
WTF?

Darrely has a lot of issues getting scopes on rifles.

I have tried to help in the past but I don't know much about X-Bolts so I am wishing him good luck on his latest struggle.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

D
Darryle Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
John, I don't struggle at all. I usually use picatinny rails or optic risers, not yours of course, I need one that actually works.

I have the scope mounted on this rifle, replaced the stock with a McMillan Game Scout, I currently have the thinnest 20 MOA rail and a set of Ken Farrell lows, the cheek weld is no longer where I want it.

If I could have one wish granted, it would be for lightning to strike you in the dik.

I have tried to help in the past but I don't know much about X-Bolts so I am wishing him good luck on his latest struggle.

At least try to spell my name correctly next time.

And, no you did not, you are a f'n liar, you simply blamed the rifle/rifles I was attempting to mount your optic riser on for being out of spec, I guess Aero Precision, BCM, Larue and DD don't have your manufacturing expertise.

Then, you did offer for me to return the riser for a full refund, I told you to pound sand, I gave it away to a forum member here, guess what, it didn't work for him either. Other's have reported to have to leave one of the 7 crossbolts out in order to get it to work.

You love to throw around how much better you are than every other asshat on this forum, funny thing is, if you were 1/3 as good as you say you are, the members here would be doing it for you.

As annoying as Stick can be at times, I would rather read his musings than anything you have to say. At least when a forum member actually asks for his advice, he's straight up and not the condescending idiot you are.

Now go in the kitchen and shove one of those half dozen turkey legs you stripped clean up your ass.

GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Darryle
John, I don't struggle at all. I usually use picatinny rails or optic risers, not yours of course, I need one that actually works.

I have the scope mounted on this rifle, replaced the stock with a McMillan Game Scout, I currently have the thinnest 20 MOA rail and a set of Ken Farrell lows, the cheek weld is no longer where I want it.

If I could have one wish granted, it would be for lightning to strike you in the dik.

And, no you did not, you are a f'n liar, you simply blamed the rifle/rifles I was attempting to mount your optic riser on for being out of spec, I guess BCM, Larue and DD don't have your manufacturing expertise.

Then, you did offer for me to return the riser for a full refund, I told you to pound sand, I gave it away to a forum member here, guess what, it didn't work for him either. Other's have reported to have to leave one of the 7 crossbolts out in order to get it to work.

You love to throw around how much better you are than every other asshat on this forum, funny thing is, if you were 1/3 as good as you say you are, the members here would be doing it for you.

As annoying as Stick can be at times, I would rather read his musings than anything you have to say. At least when a forum member actually asks for his advice, he's straight up and not the condescending idiot you are.

Now go in the kitchen and shove one of those half dozen turkey legs you stripped clean up your ass.

Originally Posted by Other Brother Darryle

John Burns

I have all the sources.

D
Darryle Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Talley Lightweight mounts are the lowest 20 MOA mounts I could find, based on the data provided by the manufacturers.

Ordered two sets, carry on

GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

John Burns

I have all the sources.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

And, no you did not, you are a f'n liar, you simply blamed the rifle/rifles I was attempting to mount your optic riser on for being out of spec, I guess Aero Precision, BCM, Larue and DD don't have your manufacturing expertise.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Jeez. Must've been some really bad scope mounting advice to foster that kind of angst.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Lowest I've mounted a scope to X bolts is with Warne bases and the lowest ring that'll fit the power ring and objective. Post a pic when you get it together.

D
Darryle Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Lowest I've mounted a scope to X bolts is with Warne bases and the lowest ring that'll fit the power ring and objective. Post a pic when you get it together.

Will do, another key piece of information I left out was, I lost 60lbs since I mounted that scope, 215/220lbs down to 155/160lbs and at 5' 10", I have a very slender face now.

Starbuck, there is no angst, he's just a lying piece of chit. I bought one of his optic risers and he blamed the failure to properly line up from the receiver and forend being out of spec parts or Bubba engineering on my part.

I actually like the concept and his riser is a quality piece. I also believe there is merit in the triangle of bridging the forend, receiver and riser to prevent handguard flex from using it as the rest. It's the way he conducts himself and his failure to admit that his riser has a small window of compatibility.

I will buy another one and I will send it to various manufacturers and let them give me feedback.

I will continue to use the BCM Optic Riser because it will actually mount and give you the ability to place the front ring over the handguard, albeit without locking all three together.

GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
D
Darryle Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
He'll be along shortly to post pictures of Wyoming Arms rifles and some silly gif instead of having an intelligent conversation.

GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Then, you did offer for me to return the riser for a full refund, I told you to pound sand, I gave it away to a forum member here, guess what, it didn't work for him either.

Seems weird

Why didn’t you send it back to him? Why not send the whole rig to get it right? You stated you think the product is quality and you’d buy another.

Something’s off here

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pretty obvious what’s “off” is Darryle

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He'll be along shortly to post pictures of Wyoming Arms rifles and some silly gif instead of having an intelligent conversation.

I have explained it to you, many times.

If you buy a handguard that does not meet Picatinny rail specs (MIL-STD-1913 rail) you can't expect my riser, which meets MIL-STD-1913 rail specs, to mount on your out of spec setup.

Most all decent quality handguards comply with MIL-STD-1913 rail specs, as they should.

SLR can make a handguard to spec.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Midwest Indust can make a handguard to spec.

Geissele can make a handguard to spec.

You don't want an "intelligent conversation" because you bought out of spec handguards and wondered why my IN spec riser didn't fit.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

D
Darryle Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
So, you are saying, Aero, BCM, Larue and Daniel Defense handguards are not to spec? Even uppers built by those manufacturers.

Interesting.

Yes I am off, what I am not is a corksoaking asshat that believes in hanging on any one person's word.

Instead of initially offering me to return the product, he launched into a your chits out of spec, then eventually offering a refund by returning it. Instead, I offered it up to any forum member reading the very thread where he offered his "advice".

Yes, I can admire a product's concept, even if it is not 100% thoroughly thought out.

The concept of creating a triangle bridge between the receiver, handguard and riser is attractive, essentially locking all three together and creating a rigid mounting platform. The final product was less than desirable and did not work for me.

Yes, I will purchase another one, but not for me to use, I guess you missed the part about sending it to these various out of spec manufacturers for their input.

For me, I will use these

BCM Optic Riser

GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So, you are saying, Aero, BCM, Larue and Daniel Defense handguards are not to spec? Even uppers built by those manufacturers.

Interesting.

Yes I am off, what I am not is a corksoaking asshat that believes in hanging on any one person's word.

Instead of initially offering me to return the product, he launched into a your chits out of spec, then eventually offering a refund by returning it. Instead, I offered it up to any forum member reading the very thread where he offered his "advice".

Yes, I can admire a product's concept, even if it is not 100% thoroughly thought out.

The concept of creating a triangle bridge between the receiver, handguard and riser is attractive, essentially locking all three together and creating a rigid mounting platform. The final product was less than desirable and did not work for me.

Yes, I will purchase another one, but not for me to use, I guess you missed the part about sending it to these various out of spec manufacturers for their input.

For me, I will use these

BCM Optic Riser

So you bought one, couldn’t get it to work with your hand guard, spoke to JB for input and a solution, that failed, JB graciously offed a full refund, you got mad and gave it away, now you’re gonna buy another with your own money to send to other companies for evaluation?

Even more weird

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Lowest 30mm rings I’ve seen so far are henneberger 3.5’s, they are almost as low as old school 1” weaver detach top mount rings...which put both those in the same wheelhouse as Talley lows on a few rifles I’ve played with. The henneberger are weaver compatible also and for those curious are 3.0 oz for the pair. Need a low rail. I have a Tikka with what looked to be lowest rail available with Area 419 and had my machinest take the 20 moa out of it(skimmed it to 0 moa) and the 1” weaver still goes a bit lower than the henneberger.

If you really wanna get low grab a new sako 90 peak or adventure with the integral and even the arc m10 x-low are nearly too low and I’m one like you who is t happy unless I’m dang near looking down the barrel (1.5” off center of bore). The arc x-low 30mm are 1/8” taller than the 1” weaver. And the 1” weaver on that skimmed rail on the tikka matches the arc x-low 30 on the sako 90 peak. Hope we see more integrated pic rail options in the future, and low on the action like the sako 90. It’s so easy to go up, it’s such a bitch to go down.

D
Darryle Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
So you bought one, couldn’t get it to work with your hand guard, spoke to JB for input and a solution, that failed, JB graciously offed a full refund, you got mad and gave it away, now you’re gonna buy another with your own money to send to other companies for evaluation?

Even more weird

First of all, I never asked for his input. I bought it and it didn't work on the first rifle I tried it on. I could see the issue. So I tossed it in the top of the tool box and knew eventually that I would get a chance to try it again.

Someone here created a thread and in the thread it was discussed that bridging the receiver and handguard with the riser was a bad idea. JB got on in defense of the riser. The thread turned into a cluster. I mentioned that it did not fit one of my uppers, he blamed the upper for being out of spec. It was, but I then pulled out several more rifles and tried it, it did not fit a single one. More blame on out of spec picatinny rails. He mentioned that if I would return it, with the caveat it had to be in sellable condition, he then said he would resell it and the new buyer would be satisfied.

I never asked him for advice, he never offered advice, he did offer criticism and in typical JB fashion, he f'n lied in this thread to suit his narrative. I didn't ask for AR scope mounting advice, I asked for advice for the lowest possible mounting system for a Browning X-Bolt.

His 2nd response to this thread:

Now ask yourself, if he didn't know anything about the X-Bolt platform, why did he even open the thread.

Because he's a self absorbed prick that thinks he needs to make fun of those he deems not worthy or of a lesser skillset than himself.

The damn riser was $125, that is a drop in the bucket of what I spend on hobbies. What I did do in the discussion thread mentioned above, was offer it for free, I covered the shipping, to anyone on the forum considering buying one of his risers but had held off for whatever reason. It was roughly a week before someone actually reached out and claimed it. Mind you, the thread was active and it saw a lot of traffic. The member received it and tried it on several "Bubba" builds and on several complete rifles and uppers built by well known industry manufacturers and it didn't fit a single one for him either.

I don't care how anyone member here sees me, it doesn't matter, what does matter to me is when a member gets on here and blatantly lies to the remaining members to fit his agenda.

GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 160user, 65 invisible), 2,465 guests, and 1,354 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,189
Posts18,484,895
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.