Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Trade anyone? Surprisingly easy to hit with.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It is impossible to go wrong with a P32. I would trade that toward Gen 2 model. If certain parts break in original P32 you will end up with light paperweight.
I do not think you will have takers here.
The senior commandos on here need big gun with longer barrel so they can protect farmlands from terrorist attacks.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
After a setback or two, I finally was able to get a few of these up and available.

100 grain Poly Coat wadcutters in .32 H&R.

They are in the classifieds if anyone wants some ammo for their little blasters!

Like shooting a .22 Magnum recoil wise.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...55018/32-h-r-mag-wadcutters#Post18955018

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

With those ballistics I would choose .38S&W due to more advanced revolver available in this caliber. These were made in large numbers, therefore, are not hard to find on used market. The revolver in question is Webley & Scott .38/200. Modern loads are 146gr? Instead of original 200gr bullets. The revolver in question is well balanced, has excellent DA/SA trigger pulls, excellent sights, automatic ejection and very easy to manipulate top-break action (right-handed person can easily open revolver one-handed w/o adjusting grip).

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Slavek
After a setback or two, I finally was able to get a few of these up and available.

They are in the classifieds if anyone wants some ammo for their little blasters!

With those ballistics I would choose .38S&W due to more advanced revolver available in this caliber. These were made in large numbers, therefore, are not hard to find on used market. .

Has it occurred to you that he is making the ammo for people who own 32 caliber guns, not people shopping for guns?

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Paul,

There are a number of reasons why poly-coat bullets are a good option.

They do not require a lubricant applied to the bullet, like a traditional lead/hardcast bullet. The lubricant is a big part of what produces smoke when you shoot hardcast bullets, therefore they smoke MUCH less.

PC bullets create a jacket over the lead bullet inside and can be fired in handguns that traditionally recommend against lead bullet use (like Glocks).

Typically you can get better velocities with a load, using a Poly-Coated projectile, versus a similar hardcast one, or one that is jacketed. The "slippery" polymer coating allows you to achieve faster speeds, with less pressure, than metal jacketed, or traditional hard cast bullets.

And yes, to answer your question it "can" prevent leading, but leading generally is more of an issue of a projectile that is of the wrong composition (the alloy hardness is wrong) or does not properly fit the bore size. Or the gun/barrel itself has issues.

Hope that helps

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Slavek

With those ballistics I would choose .38S&W due to more advanced revolver available in this caliber. These were made in large numbers, therefore, are not hard to find on used market. .

Has it occurred to you that he is making the ammo for people who own 32 caliber guns, not people shopping for guns?

Paul,

Maser (slavek) just makes intentionally baited statements to get someone/anyone to respond. He knows what he is saying is completely wrong, does not believe what he is saying, does not own any of the guns he is talking about, etc. It is purely to get a rise and a reaction out of people. When you see his posts, just skip right over them like most here do, and ignore them, as Maser is just a mentally ill weirdo.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The 32 H&R is an outstanding jframes snub cartridge. Great cartridge all around.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Paul,

There are a number of reasons why poly-coat bullets are a good option.

They do not require a lubricant applied to the bullet, like a traditional lead/hardcast bullet. The lubricant is a big part of what produces smoke when you shoot hardcast bullets, therefore they smoke MUCH less.

PC bullets create a jacket over the lead bullet inside and can be fired in handguns that traditionally recommend against lead bullet use (like Glocks).

Typically you can get better velocities with a load, using a Poly-Coated projectile, versus a similar hardcast one, or one that is jacketed. The "slippery" polymer coating allows you to achieve faster speeds, with less pressure, than metal jacketed, or traditional hard cast bullets.

And yes, to answer your question it "can" prevent leading, but leading generally is more of an issue of a projectile that is of the wrong composition (the alloy hardness is wrong) or does not properly fit the bore size. Or the gun/barrel itself has issues.

Hope that helps

Thanks Mackay.

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by smallfry
The 32 H&R is an outstanding jframes snub cartridge. Great cartridge all around.

Reference J Frames.

You get 6 rounds, versus 5. In addition to a lower recoiling round. Now in part, that can be minimized with specialty rounds like the .38 Short Colt like I offer, but aside from custom offerings, which people generally do not know about, most people are relegated to harder recoiling standard, big box store ammo. The typical box store ammo kicks fairly hard in a .38 Snubby.

Some people who have hand issues due to age, arthritis, physical size, etc, may choose to go with a rimfire, such as a .22 LR, or .22 Magnum. What most don't know, and soon discover is that on rimfire revolvers they use substantially heavier actions springs to ensure the ammo will fire. Many people have a very difficult time with the heavy rimfire DA trigger pulls on J frames.

On a .32 H&R or .327 Mag, you get added capacity (5 of .38 Special vs 6 of .32 Mag), as well as the lighter trigger pull, and better reliability of a centerfire cartridge.

For a snubby, they make a lot of sense for a good number of people.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Reference J Frames.

You get 6 rounds, versus 5. In addition to a lower recoiling round. Now in part, that can be minimized with specialty rounds like the .38 Short Colt like I offer, but aside from custom offerings, which people generally do not know about, most people are relegated to harder recoiling standard, big box store ammo. The typical box store ammo kicks fairly hard in a .38 Snubby.

Some people who have hand issues due to age, arthritis, physical size, etc, may choose to go with a rimfire, such as a .22 LR, or .22 Magnum. What most don't know, and soon discover is that on rimfire revolvers they use substantially heavier actions springs to ensure the ammo will fire. Many people have a very difficult time with the heavy rimfire DA trigger pulls on J frames.

On a .32 H&R or .327 Mag, you get added capacity (5 of .38 Special vs 6 of .32 Mag), as well as the lighter trigger pull, and better reliability of a centerfire cartridge.

MS, thanks for the explanation. This /\ is what has taken me years to figure out what the allure was to the .32 H&R. I could see the plinking/small game round aspect but not the self defense argument when the .38 spcl has been around for so long. A definite step up from the .22 mag without the recoil of the .38.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Mackay, are you going to build any wadcutter loads for the 32-20?

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Reference J Frames.

Well put. I went that path starting 40 years ago with a Colt Police Positive .32 snubbie, a "Dick's Special". .32 S&W Longs loaded hot as I dared (most assuredly too hot for a flimsy break-open Saturday Night Special) and either 98 grain SWC's or WC's. It definitely outclassed a rimfire handgun but without the sturm und drang of .38's in that small package. Nowadays I don't look at such stuff with self defense in mind, just like .32's for regular old target shooting/plinking.

Latest .32 mold added to the half dozen or so others I have is the Accurate Molds #311-105T (illustrated in their online catalog). Its a 105 grain bullet (cast from 1:20 alloy), round nose-shaped ogive with a wide flat meplat, .314" out of the mold which allows its use as-cast in several of my .32's and .32-20 and is easily sized to .312-.313" for the others. Works a charm in both .32-20's and .32 Longs. If limited to but one mold for .32's this would be it. (I'm not actively looking for a handgun in .32 Mag, I figure the .32-20 cartridge fills that bill ok.)

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by gnoahhh

Reference J Frames.

Well put. I went that path starting 40 years ago with a Colt Police Positive .32 snubbie, a "Dick's Special". .32 S&W Longs loaded hot as I dared (most assuredly too hot for a flimsy break-open Saturday Night Special) and either 98 grain SWC's or WC's. It definitely outclassed a rimfire handgun but without the sturm und drang of .38's in that small package. Nowadays I don't look at such stuff with self defense in mind, just like .32's for regular old target shooting/plinking.

Latest .32 mold added to the half dozen or so others I have is the Accurate Molds #311-105T (illustrated in their online catalog). Its a 105 grain bullet (cast from 1:20 alloy), round nose-shaped ogive with a wide flat meplat, .314" out of the mold which allows its use as-cast in several of my .32's and .32-20 and is easily sized to .312-.313" for the others. Works a charm in both .32-20's and .32 Longs. If limited to but one mold for .32's this would be it. (I'm not actively looking for a handgun in .32 Mag, I figure the .32-20 cartridge fills that bill ok.)
In respect to defensive purposes I’ve done extensive ballistic study on the 32s and 38s. Both are fantastic calibers that can be uniquely tailored to low recoil. From 650-850 fps it’s hard to wrong unless you are trying to get them to expand, which takes away performance imo

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by mark shubert

I do not have any plans at this time. These .32 H&R Wadcutters are sort of testing the waters in reference to what the market wants. I only have a limited amount of time each day/week for production, so I cannot afford to put out numerous varieties and not have them sell, when that same time could be spent in production of popular cartridges.

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Reference J Frames.
In respect to defensive purposes I’ve done extensive ballistic study on the 32s and 38s. Both are fantastic calibers that can be uniquely tailored to low recoil. From 650-850 fps it’s hard to wrong unless you are trying to get them to expand, which takes away performance imo

That is why I chose the full wadcutter profile and the velocity range I did. You get 6 rounds in a J Frame, low recoil and the same benefits that make a .38 Special wadcutter so effective. It is simply a practical, easy shooting, easy to carry package.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I hope they sell well for you Mackay. Definitely a worthwhile load that the average guy wouldn't think to try making himself. Is it "better" than a lot of other handgun loads? I don't think so, but taken in the perspective of what you described I think it's damned good. Kudos.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
[Linked Image]

Last edited by RJM; 11/27/23.

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by mark shubert

I do not have any plans at this time. These .32 H&R Wadcutters are sort of testing the waters in reference to what the market wants. I only have a limited amount of time each day/week for production, so I cannot afford to put out numerous varieties and not have them sell, when that same time could be spent in production of popular cartridges.
I completely understand, Mackay.
Time is of the essence to ALL of us.
Have a great, and productive, day, sir!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Reference J Frames.

Thinking out loud here, but a modern Colt Cobra or King Cobra seems like a great match for a .32 H&R or even .327 Federal if someone likes LOUD muzzle blasts. They are almost the same size as a J frame, just a tenth of an inch or less difference in dimensions but the standard .38 Spl. +P Cobra holds six rounds which I'd speculate could hold seven .32 caliber rounds.

The one King Cobra Target I owned plus a few samples tried in a store had really excellent double action pulls, smooth and light all the way through, definitely better than an unmodified J frame. I've been a S&W man all my life but those Cobras impress me for someone wanting a small revolver.

Oh well, just wishful thinking since Colt doesn't seem to want to break new ground but instead live on redesigned copies of older classics in the standard .38/.357 chamberings.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’ve got a Beretta 81BB in .32 ACP that I really enjoy shooting. Virtually no recoil. The barrell drops back on target very quickly. And it has the beauty of a Beretta design enhanced by a set of checkered walnut grips.

Mackey, I sure would love to have some stout defensive ammo for this gun. Currently, I keep three double stack magazines loaded full of Corbon DPX that I managed to source pre-COVID.

I don’t suppose that you have any plans to produce any ammo for my little Beretta 950 .25 ACP?

Adventure is the only thing you buy that makes you richer
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (160user, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 007FJ, 16Racing, 68 invisible), 3,047 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,355
Posts18,488,003
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.