Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#18921818 11/12/23
J
JRS3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
I am going to install an aftermarket trigger in a SBR for plinking, range play, and mainly for hunting. I was leaning towards a Timney or Triggertech but while at a gun store yesterday, there was a Rise Armament trigger display. The display allowed me to test three of their various triggers. The RA-535 seemed like a nice product.

https://risearmament.com/product/rise-armament-ra-535-trigger/

What’s the verdict on their triggers

GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I've got a rise armament trigger nothing really bad to say about it always been fine. diverse now I got I think is 3 lb little bit heavier than I like but it is in an AR so I also understand the limits.
I trust it well enough I put it in the AR I built for my wife she's actually deer hunting with it this year..

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Geissele SSA-E

One blanked primer & a cartridge/drop in trigger will be AFU.

Keep 'em in the X Ring,
DAN
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DANS40XC
Geissele SSA-E

One blanked primer & a cartridge/drop in trigger will be AFU.

This

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Lately, if you can get used to a 2 stage and thats awful easy, La Rue MBT for us.

If we were still shooting matches all I'd run would be Geiselle though.. But our truck and hunting guns are not nearly as demanding.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have a Rise armament LE415 trigger in my 10mm AR. Mainly because the light triggers are just way too light for a gun that has a lot of direct blowback.

The LE415 trigger is more closer to the pull weight of a milspec trigger.

I have no problem with the trigger or the brand. It's been fine. I'll likely use the carbine later this week because it's modern gun season where I live right now and that's the whole reason why I made the gun.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by johna1
I have a Rise armament LE415 trigger in my 10mm AR. Mainly because the light triggers are just way too light for a gun that has a lot of direct blowback.

I have no problem with the trigger or the brand. It's been fine. I'll likely use the carbine later this week because it's modern gun season where I live right now and that's the whole reason why I made the gun.
This is a perfect use of a 2 stage trigger. Where you are afraid of doubling, the 2 stage eliminates that while still being able to provide a 1-2 pound pull very crisp, on the second stage.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The Geissele G2S has been on sale for $99 for the past year or so at every holiday, they are good enough for me.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by TWR
The Geissele G2S has been on sale for $99 for the past year or so at every holiday, they are good enough for me.

That, the MBT2S, and RRA 2 stage varmint match are all in that same price range. All very acceptable for my uses. I have a SSAE in my iron sight rifle that I shoot right handed. It works well enough for me, but sometimes too light in some rifles I've had it in. AR10 308 for example. I'd double tap that one every once in a while, so I switched it around to one that works good enough for me. While shooting left handed (dominant eye), it just feels too light.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rost495

This is a perfect use of a 2 stage trigger. Where you are afraid of doubling, the 2 stage eliminates that while still being able to provide a 1-2 pound pull very crisp, on the second stage.

Jeff, did you ever get around to trying out that Jard trigger?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Would a 2 stage work in a blowback PCC?

I have little experience with the PCC, but I read they are hard on the triggers.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Rather like the low end Rise RA-140 SST myself was just over $100 now more. Use trigger pins with screws on the ends to prevent drift...mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
I like my Geissele SSA, but for most applications, standard 2 stage mil spec works fine.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like the Geissele SSA as well. Primary arms has the curved triggertech for $97

Last edited by Troutnut; 11/21/23.
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by lc11
I like my Geissele SSA, but for most applications, standard 2 stage mil spec works fine.
What are you calling standard mil spec two stage?

J
JRS3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
I ended up ordering a Timney skeletonized from Red Hawk in their recent sale. I look forward to seeing how it performs.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Think you'll like it.

I bought one of those just after they came out & it has approx 4000 cycles on it without a stutter.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lately, if you can get used to a 2 stage and thats awful easy, La Rue MBT for us.

If we were still shooting matches all I'd run would be Geiselle though.. But our truck and hunting guns are not nearly as demanding.

The LaRues are markedly better with a lighter trigger spring.

MM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Rather like the low end Rise RA-140 SST myself was just over $100 now more. Use trigger pins with screws on the ends to prevent drift...mb

If the gun gets much use, cheap single stage triggers tend to not be so good after a lot of use.

YMMV

MM

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

The LaRues are markedly better with a lighter trigger spring.

MM

The second stage is hard on the MBT. I see it more as a combat trigger than a precision one.
Would the JP be the solution for a hunting build?

TY

Igitur quī dēsīderat pācem, præparet bellum
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

204 members (14idaho, 16penny, 308xray, 450yukon, 2ndwind, 28 invisible), 1,810 guests, and 1,122 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,626
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.