Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Aaron Nielsen once argued on Facebook that searching and gathering mushrooms wasn't "hunting"

Oh well.......

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Of course it's a sport unless you need to stock the larder for the winter.

7th grade English anyone?

You might ask yourself that question.

an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard

an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

You really can't be that ignorant, can you?

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard

You really can't be that ignorant, can you?

LOL

This thread is fugking amazing.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Originally Posted by Huntz
Originally Posted by Dinny
I think dragging a dead bear one mile with nothing but a 3ft long rope should be an olympic sports event. Does that count?
Killing a bear without dogs and doing the same you’ve accomplished something 👍
I guess you never chased hounds through the swamp 2 or 3 miles , until you have treed the bear and not been able to shoot it because of size or sex? Sitting over a pile of bait is much better,right?
Go find your cheese hat 🤣🤣🤣
What I thought,alligator mouth ,canary ass . I bet you could not last 15 minutes trying to keep up with hounds for bear,hogs or anything else . Suck on my cheese dick.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
IC B2

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Dinny
I think dragging a dead bear one mile with nothing but a 3ft long rope should be an olympic sports event. Does that count?
Killing a bear without dogs and doing the same you’ve accomplished something 👍
I guess you never chased hounds through the swamp 2 or 3 miles , until you have treed the bear and not been able to shoot it because of size or sex? Sitting over a pile of bait is much better,right?
Go find your cheese hat 🤣🤣🤣
What I thought,alligator mouth ,canary ass . I bet you could not last 15 minutes trying to keep up with hounds for bear,hogs or anything else . Suck on my cheese dick.
😭😭😭😭😭😂😂😂😂😂

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
K.huntz have ever killed a bear I have LOL

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Games are pointless activities, outside of themselves. Who’s lives depend on the score of a basketball game? Yet doing one’s best within the activity itself has some meaning.

Sports are pointless activities where one’s life is on the line: hence bullfighting, auto (and motorcycle) racing, and mountaineering ( per Hemingway). Running Class5-5+ in a kayak - Sport. Beer float in the same kayak down the lower American - game. Again, participating in these activities is meaningful, and yet the results are essentially meaningless to humanity as a whole. Who really gives a fucque that I onsighted Inner Sanctum, other than myself? There is no point in doing so, other than it means something to me.

Endeavors have meaningful results, outside of the activities themselves. Food on the table places the activity beyond game or sport. There is meaning in the results, beyond that of participating in the activity itself. Trophy hunting a Whitetail for your TV program: just a game. Stalking a Brown Bear through Alaskan alders - sport. Whacking an Iguana with a slingshot to barbecue for the family - this transcends both game and sport…

Just my second 2¢

Scott

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Sure it is. There is a magazine about hunting and fishing called Sports Afield.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Sport...How does the jury come down when: the aspiring nimrod drives his 60k dollar pickup up a dirt road, spots his quarry (who is trying to flee, not charge), stops, ranges it with his electronic rangefinder, pulls out his trusty Kestrel weather figurer-outer, gets the weather dope, pulls out his trusty smart phone, puts the data in the ballistics app, gets his firing solution, christmas trees it or dials it in...sets up on the hood of his pickup with his trusty Harris bi pod and squeezes off the latest Berger death ray???

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Hunting is a sport if you hammer the UTV the way I do. It takes skill to stick them landings, and forging on after coughing up spleen takes some stamina.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Hunting is a sport if you hammer the UTV the way I do. It takes skill to stick them landings, and forging on after coughing up spleen takes some stamina.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I

Around our house growing up and even as a young adult with my own children, the harvesting of wild game meat was far too serious to be considered sport. Like as if planting of potatoes and corn could be considered a sport.

Hunting pheasant was recreation, thus a sport. Same with varmints. As is big game hunting today. Today, we don't NEED the meat. Enjoying the meat is a different matter.

Fishing is recreation, thus a sport. Unless you do it for a living, or to "stock the larder".

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If someone is stocking the ladder with a 3030 or thier 303 Enfield I might buy it. But if they're out there with a nice $2,000 rifle $1500 scope $50,000 pickup to get them there, I'm not buying it.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

214 members (264mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 2ndwind, 30Gibbs, 31 invisible), 2,158 guests, and 969 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,535
Posts18,531,039
Members74,038
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.