Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CashisKing
I ate a McRib once...
^^^^ This!...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Back when i was much younger, i spent some time around the wrong crowd of folks. Had a buddy that i was walking with, owed a fella money. The guy wasnt a good dude and not the person you would want to be involved with. He chased me and my buddy down. I had no clue what was going on. He pulled a gun and hit my buddy with it. He walked up to me and pointed it at my head and just stared. Obviously he didnt shoot us, but i sure as chit thought he was going to. Not long after that the crazy dude killed his own brother and went on the run and killed a few more people. He got caught and got the death penalty. Scary to think back

Last edited by gunchamp; 11/26/23.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Kudos on stealing pics and "doing" THE least. Hint.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by las
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Thrice in a car, twice on a bike, twice in a helicopter, and once on skis.

Hoping that 8 is my limit.

You can take that both ways.

I quit riding motorcycles, both incidents happened on a fast but poor handling Kawasaki KH750H2. I'm too old to be ski racing and I've never been in a civilian helicopter, so cars and trucks are my only areas of risk these days.

8 is my limit was intended to convey my sincere hope that I don't have any more near misses, but I'm equally hopeful that if I do have any more near misses that they will continue to be misses and not a final fatal incident.

IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Kudos on stealing pics and "doing" THE least. Hint.............

Not sure what is meant by "stealing pics", but I did stick the landing after gaining about 20ft of elevation and doing 3 rotations in the air.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Unarmed while charged by a sow brown bear with an adolescent cub. I was throwing dirt clods as she got close and they veered off at 20 feet and went past me and my partner. It was a come to Jesus moment. Too many to count cutting timber on bad ground and big timber over 25 years.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The boys ALWAYS rejoiced,when I arrived Camp. Hint.

The trees never had a "chance" either. Hint.

Never killed a Bear,closer than with my axe. Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I’ve noticed as I’ve gotten older I have fewer pucker moments of my own doing.

I’ve been lucky. A few near misses in vehicles and on ATV’s (again, of my own doing). Once, when I was 21 on spring break I got caught in a riptide and was at the point of not giving myself good odds (I remember clearly thinking “your gonna have to swim or you’re gonna f****** drown!”)About had my lunch ate by a pissed off bovine or three.

Been pretty sheltered and lucky I suppose. Especially compared to those in combat or otherwise dangerous occupations.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
In a trench collapse with two other guys. I was the only one they got out in time.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
SCUBA diving on a wreck at 125 feet when my regulator hose caught on something, causing water to get in my mouth just as I was inhaling. Went into an uncontrollable coughing fit with my regulator in my mouth and almost blacked out. After about a minute, finally got control back. Not fun.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Now.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
None this week.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Therre was the time I hammered on 22 shell till it went off.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
This one time on the internet....

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Was riding on top of a big disc harrow when I was a kid--just having fun. I got slapped in the face by a limb from a tree growing alongside the creek and stupidly put my foot down to steady myself--got dragged down under the disc harrow. I was holding on and screaming bloody murder for my grandfather to stop the tractor.

He stopped.

If he hadn't I'd be dead.

I don't like to recall it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Drunk driver hit us head on at 85 mph impact speed. We had air bags, she didn’t and she died.

My wife had a concussion and I had pieces of car stick in my legs.

The first 10 seconds after coming to were rough.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yep. Hint.

Killed my buddy that was driving. I made it. Hint.

(5) guys were changing roads,for an obvious fresh start and short yard in the morning. I heard the whistles(was cutting a unit not too far away) and then...nothing. Hint.

They were unknowingly siwashed and when the lines cleared,they paid that price. Hint.

Rough overtime,when looking for your pards,with a flashlight in your teeth,tracing their last steps. Hint...............

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
My Honda 420 Rancher 4 wheeler tried to kill me in 2014. It flipped over top of me on a steep hill and whacked me in the left side of my head. It cut that side of my nose half way off, cut an artery in my temple, and busted my eye socket. The Docs said another couple inches and it would have popped my noggin like a pumpkin, and they couldn't believe it didn't knock me out. I had to get an artificial left eye socket installed so my eyes could function together. I didn't even now if I had a left eye intact for a couple days. I got a helicopter ride out of it!

Last edited by reivertom; 11/26/23.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Around 2008, coming back from NY State right after New Year detoured through WV for different scenery. Headed south from Morgantown at dark on the superslab towards Jamestown, partly cloudy, no snow forecast. Then wife and two dogs in the car.

Shortly after ran into whiteout blizzard conditions in the mountains driving a Saturn SW2 wagon. Popcorn size flakes, highway and lane markers covered with snow, couldn’t stop woulda got hit from behind, rolling blind driving by best guess.

Semi passes up above us to the right, near as I could tell we were driving in snow on the median in winding, hilly terrain, coulda hit a fence or culvert any moment. That got my attention.

I inched over to the right, semi in back let us in, I followed barely visible taillights of first semi, all of us doing about 20.

Everybody got off at next exit (Flat Creek? Near a prison), parked in a big parking lot surrounded by others. Slept in the car, woke up in a snow cave, every window completely covered in like 4” of snow. 9 degrees F.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

211 members (257 mag, 37L1, 7887mm08, 35, 240NMC, 22 invisible), 1,647 guests, and 891 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,505
Posts18,490,620
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.