-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never used a JP; but the Geiselle SSA-E is my favorite in a 2 stage (or a G2S or an SSA with a lighter trigger spring.

If you want a bolt like trigger in a single stage, the Elftmann Match is unsurpassed, IMO, & it has a half cock safety notch, much like that on a 1911. But it's not cheap...........

MM

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I put a TriggerTech Diamond single stage in a new lower for a hunting rig. I really dig it. No range time yet, as I’m still building the upper out, but I like what I feel with it mounted up.

-Matt

"The proof of the whisky is in the drinking, the proof of the rifle is in the shooting."
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Never used a JP; but the Geiselle SSA-E is my favorite in a 2 stage (or a G2S or an SSA with a lighter trigger spring.

If you want a bolt like trigger in a single stage, the Elftmann Match is unsurpassed, IMO, & it has a half cock safety notch, much like that on a 1911. But it's not cheap...........

MM

I do own G SSA-E, and it's my favorite (of the ones I own), also heard good things about the Elftmann on another board. Just wondering if a lighter spring can make the MBT a PRS/Hunting rig. It would save a buck.

Igitur quī dēsīderat pācem, præparet bellum
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
not necessarily speaking AR here for a minute. some of my offhand shooting the NRA silhouette discipline a lot of guys like a very light two-stage trigger. I never grew a customer to that I always stuck with about a 6 to 8 oz single stage. all my AR stuff is single stage triggers the lightest being a pound and a half. which was advertised as two and a half so I have no idea how it got to be a pound and a half I did not monkey with it but I really really like it but I can see where it's too light for a lot of applications in the AR format.

now I have recently acquired and got into shooting some mini-14s with a two-stage trigger along with the M1A that I've had for a while. I can get used to a two-stage trigger and these style weapons. which an also being AR so I may try some new triggers out soon myself. so I'm definitely taking notes from a few guys here..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CopperSolid
Just wondering if a lighter spring can make the MBT a PRS/Hunting rig. It would save a buck.

Yes, it will help. So will keeping it lubed.

Try just the trigger spring 1st & see how you like it; if you need / want to go further, then get a lighter hammer spring as long as you are using good ammo that doesn't have super hard primers, as it's possible that you might be too light to fire the primer................but so far, I've never had that happen.

Most likely to be with surplus military ammo. Commercial stuff will be fine as will normal handloads.

MM

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by CopperSolid
Just wondering if a lighter spring can make the MBT a PRS/Hunting rig. It would save a buck.

Yes, it will help. So will keeping it lubed.

Try just the trigger spring 1st & see how you like it; if you need / want to go further, then get a lighter hammer spring as long as you are using good ammo that doesn't have super hard primers, as it's possible that you might be too light to fire the primer................but so far, I've never had that happen.

Most likely to be with surplus military ammo. Commercial stuff will be fine as will normal handloads.

MM

Thanks for that advice.

CS

Igitur quī dēsīderat pācem, præparet bellum
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

MM
Love my SSA-E. Will order another for a new lower I am acquiring.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Geiselle G2S $88.99
Lowest price I've ever seen on these.
In stock as I type
https://www.primaryarms.com/geissel...lerts&utm_content=Message+1+Customer

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
For a 2 stage trigger I think the Geissele SSA-E is hard to beat and they are now on sale, I think around $150.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bowmanh
For a 2 stage trigger I think the Geissele SSA-E is hard to beat and they are now on sale, I think around $150.

I have seen them priced lower---ONE time that I can recall but $150 is a very good price. If I needed another trigger that is what I'd be seeking out. It has a crisper break than the G2S (which ain't bad at all) and I think it's well worth the additional cost.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you polish up that G2S & put a lighter trigger spring onit, you'll have a non-certified SSA-E.

MM

A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
I run the timney impact triggers. I got one in a trade ar once and was amazed by it. I now have them in all my rifles

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Esox357
Originally Posted by DANS40XC
Geissele SSA-E

One blanked primer & a cartridge/drop in trigger will be AFU.

This

I would have a hard time spending about close to $300 for a drop in trigger....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
245 at primary arms.

Me

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
Originally Posted by Esox357
Originally Posted by DANS40XC
Geissele SSA-E

One blanked primer & a cartridge/drop in trigger will be AFU.

This

I would have a hard time spending about close to $300 for a drop in trigger....

No need to pay more than about $90 for a good/great trigger for your AR..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I bought a Rise Armament SST for my first AR and liked it so much, I bought three more for the next three ARs that followed me home. I paid $80-100 each for them. Very similiar to a good bolt-action trigger. I don't kick in doors, I just hunt and plink with them, although they'll be handy to have when the Chinamen come over the hill...

Presidents come and go, but entitlements are forever - Michael Medved

Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 444afic
I bought a Rise Armament SST for my first AR and liked it so much, I bought three more for the next three ARs that followed me home. I paid $80-100 each for them. Very similiar to a good bolt-action trigger. I don't kick in doors, I just hunt and plink with them, although they'll be handy to have when the Chinamen come over the hill...

I have several Rise Armament triggers in my AR’s, and I really like them. My 7.62x39 does not though, I have a basic GI trigger if you will with extra force hammer spring, in it.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by johna1
I have a Rise armament LE415 trigger in my 10mm AR. Mainly because the light triggers are just way too light for a gun that has a lot of direct blowback.

The LE415 trigger is more closer to the pull weight of a milspec trigger.

I have no problem with the trigger or the brand. It's been fine. I'll likely use the carbine later this week because it's modern gun season where I live right now and that's the whole reason why I made the gun.
This is a perfect use of a 2 stage trigger. Where you are afraid of doubling, the 2 stage eliminates that while still being able to provide a 1-2 pound pull very crisp, on the second stage.

Jeff, did you ever get around to trying out that Jard trigger?
Way late reply. LOL.

I did put it in a truck gun in Alaska. Keep it full of 75 bthp for bear issues. Its not one that I would buy again but its not a bad trigger at all.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
the SSA-E has always been good to me, they have been my go too trigger. I also have a hyper fire which is the fastest trigger I have ever used, not sure of the pull but has to be 1-2 pounds or so.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by jimmyp
the SSA-E has always been good to me, they have been my go too trigger. I also have a hyper fire which is the fastest trigger I have ever used, not sure of the pull but has to be 1-2 pounds or so.
fast as in lock time?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

682 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 16gage, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 64 invisible), 3,057 guests, and 1,339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,847
Posts18,478,353
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.