Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
My CC was charged on 11/4/23 for a ammo purchase and so far no ammo and very limited correspondence. Beginning to worry about getting ripped off, is it time to dispute the CC charges or should I just wait and see how this plays out?

Life is good live it while you can.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Their website says "HIGH DEMAND IS CAUSING SIGNIFICANT DELAYS IN SHIPPING."

Guess you're significant...

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have done business with them before, never a problem

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I waited 3 months once.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Imposter websites are now a thing, and they are good. Make really really sure you are on the site you think you are on before you attempt a purchase. Just a heads up.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Call them? Believe the owner was a GlockTalk member. Think his name was Mike Mcnett if I recall correctly? (435) 383-3208

Last edited by Esox357; 11/29/23.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
They used to pay shills to troll outdoor websites singing their praises. One member of a site where I used to be a moderator was particularly obnoxious- - - -got himself banned, whined to the admins about it, got reinstated, and went right back to the same old routine. That got him a permanent ban.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
They used to pay shills to troll outdoor websites singing their praises. One member of a site where I used to be a moderator was particularly obnoxious- - - -got himself banned, whined to the admins about it, got reinstated, and went right back to the same old routine. That got him a permanent ban.

Shills don't give up easily when they're getting paid. Like all these DU f ags here.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
Imposter websites are now a thing, and they are good. Make really really sure you are on the site you think you are on before you attempt a purchase. Just a heads up.

if they took a CC for payment then it's likely a valid site. the scammers typically only accept PP, Venmo cash-app, those forms of payment where there is no real way to fight the charges

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Esox357
Call them? Believe the owner was a GlockTalk member. Think his name was Mike Mcnett if I recall correctly? (435) 383-3208
My wife has called that number a few times and gets a answering machine. My wife sent a email on 11/18 and the office manager (Karen) returned her email on 11/21 and said she'd look into my order. Haven't heard back from her or anyone else from there. DoubleTap sounds legit, so we'll just let it ride and hopefully get the ammo one of these days.
If a online business won't take CC's, they won't get my business.

Life is good live it while you can.
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I've made 3-4 purchases from them but was over 2 years ago. All was fine.
they, like everyone else, just do not have much stock.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Ha! You should try dealing with Hughes Net. Yeah....Hijack! smile

The service and reception has aways been on the lower side of marginal, despite the installers telling us they had never seen reception numbers as high as ours. Right....

We requested on-line that they cancel our service a couple months back, immediately, and took our gear off the roof - they said they could only cancel with a phone call, but ONLY on today's date. We quit paying the bill right then, but still getting dunned. They are not getting paid....

Wife spent two hours on the phone this morning - Hughes won't cancel it using our name only - we have to provide a handful of documents, serial numbers, etc. We probably have it somewhere, but they didn't say anything about that then. No telling, once we find it, when the next "phone call cancellation" date will be.

I've never heard my wife cuss on the phone before, but she did a fair country job of it( she does know how!) before hanging up on the bitch and going off to her volunteer job. After sitting down and just breathing for a couple minutes. Don't drive in that condition!

Hey, anyone want to buy a couple thousand "worth" of gear? Cheap!

It's taking up garage space.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by las; 11/29/23.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
There stuff is good. No doubt about that. So I'd sing their praises too.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1minute, 222Sako, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 65 invisible), 2,387 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,793
Posts18,496,170
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.