Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
A buddy has a samurai. Biggest problem with it was it went through transmissions. He dumped it after putting in a third at 85k miles.

Yours in Liberty,

BL

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Im looking at a Mahindra.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Long time friend and neighbor bought one several years ago. Neighbor is dead now, but he brought it over and took me for a ride. When we got back, I told him, that will be last time I am ever in one of those things. You could not give me one if I had room up my ass for a sawmill. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Thinking about getting a farm use vehicle for checking fence, moving electric fence paddocks, etc. Daughter and SIL have a side by side. Swear by it for farm use.

Anyone using one of the 4x4 Japanese mini trucks around the farm as a UTV? Any issues getting stuck? Rollovers?

Real popular around my parts...but never really looked at 'em up close

They are RH drive......not sure how they're registered

Highway or off road ???

Utah is very lax on the laws on any Quad....SxS...dirt bikes...or mini trucks on public roads

https://usminitrucksales.com/

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Friend of mine here farms and has a duck club. He has one that has dual rear wheels. He said it will go anywhere on muddy rowcrop flat ground where he uses it. He uses it to work out of said he really likes it.

Last edited by Hogwild7; 11/14/23.
IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The Toyota truck looks real interesting but, as the article correctly mentioned, it would be totally screwed up by add-on features if it was to be sold here. Here, I need a 1 ton truck with a bed and cab (with a heater), an engine, a manual transmission, four wheels (and 4wd) and lights. That's all. A top speed of 75 MPH is fine, since there is little opportunity to go over sixty. The ability to tow ten thousand pounds would do. Enough box to haul 1/2 cord of wood. The chances that I would ever be able to buy what I want are virtually nil. Another five or six years and I likely won't need the damn thing anyway.
I was thinking of buying a new truck last year but decided to buy a small excavator instead. I'm happy with the decision. GD

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
A buddy has a samurai. Biggest problem with it was it went through transmissions. He dumped it after putting in a third at 85k miles.

I had an 87 for several years. Learned not to run 5th gear... ever... if you wanted to make a trans last more than about a year.

I miss that thing, but eventually it just completely fell apart from rust. It was a dandy little hunting and ice fishing rig.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by PJGunner
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
Originally Posted by richj
This is about a block from the house. Suzuki Jimny. NRA sticker in the window.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

That looks like a modified Suz-pukie Samuri to me.

There wasn't one damn thing wrong with the Samurai. I've had two and my youngest daughter had one and they were trouble free. Consumer's Reports did a deliberate hatchet because of one of their top executives didn't follow the instructions in the owners manual. Suzuki refused to honor the warranty so CR said, "I'll fix you." And that's what they did.

I drove mine like a sports car and made a few of the moves CR said were dangerous and could cause rollover. WhenI got the real story on what happened I no longer believed in anything they wrote about. Cancelled my subscription and to them they were f u c k ing liars in writing. There were a few other thing where their experiences/articles did not jive with mine and trashing my "Sam" was the last straw. My Stepson's ex-wife got Sam #1 and when I ran across another at a good price I snapped it up Two weeks after I bought it I was offered $3,000 more than I paid for it. I just couldn't pass that up. To this day and until the day I die, Consumers Reports is consider unspeakable words in my presence.
PJ
If there ever was a vehicle that needed an exterior and interior roll cage, the Suzpukie Samuri is it. They didn't have enough power to pull a dead whore out of bed. Drove it like a sports car? c'mon.

Last edited by shootbrownelk; 11/14/23.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They didn't have enough power to pull a dead whore out of bed.

Originally Posted by milespatton
You could not give me one if I had room up my ass for a sawmill.

Two of the funniest things I’ve ever read on this forum end up in the same thread. You guys slayed me with those. 🤣 🍻

Fear the crabcat.
Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
A torque monster they definitely were not. 65mph into a stiff headwind was a struggle for mine.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by richj
This is about a block from the house. Suzuki Jimny. NRA sticker in the window.

That looks like a modified Suz-pukie Samuri to me.

The Jimny is the modern reiteration of the Samurai.

South Africa: https://www.suzukiauto.co.za/cars/jimny A 5 door version coming soon: https://content.suzukiauto.co.za/suzuki-jimny-5-door-preregistration

https://www.globalsuzuki.com/automobile/lineup/jimny/

I saw a few new Jimnys in South Africa earlier this year.

Last edited by AB2506; 11/14/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Two of the funniest things I’ve ever read on this forum end up in the same thread. You guys slayed me with those.

Well Hell, might as well try again. Could not pull a greased string out of a cats ass. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My buddy takes care of about 200 head of cattle and used side by sides for years but now days he swears they are money pits.

He buys 4x4 Geo Trackers now days

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
The ranch purchased a sxs last year, heavy duty working model, they said, and it’s used every day.
It’s not holding up.
A small reliable truck with decent clearance would be terrific, don’t care who makes it.

Osky

I’d add that sxs was 27k and change.

Last edited by Osky; 11/28/23.

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Osky
The ranch purchased a sxs last year, heavy duty working model, they said, and it’s used every day.
It’s not holding up.
A small reliable truck with decent clearance would be terrific, don’t care who makes it.

Osky

I’d add that sxs was 27k and change.

My buddy bought the CanAm enclosed cab

It's been in the shop more then it's not

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
A Samurai isn't a sports car, and doesn't have much power, but it does have a heater. Once you install a 6.5 - 1 transfer case gears, lockers front and rear it's a very capable off-road vehicle that you can drive on the road. I own a assortment of off-road 4x4 vehicles and my Samurai's are as good as it gets.

Life is good live it while you can.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
My Samurai was totally trouble free for the 75,000 miles I had it. Yes underpowered.

"not too grumpy"
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
We have a 2001 Daihatsu Mini Jet for our farm. Right hand drive and 4x4. Very handy for building fence as I can fit a lot more fence posts and wire than on our atv or utv, hauling 1 round bale to feed, running parts to field etc. It came with ATV tires and was capable off road. It's not as good as our Polaris Ranger in really rough conditions, but that's ok. I put on plain winter tires and it gained some power and still handles everything we want to do on the farm. Here in PA I can't register it for on road use as it didn't have the proper paperwork. I do have it insured on an ATV policy with Progressive, but they won't insure if for full coverage. Only liability. Dad runs it back and forth from farm to his house all winter as it's cheaper to drive than his pickup truck.

I would recommend one for farm use and general light duty off road use. Nice hunting rig as sides fold down and easier to lift deer into this than full size truck.

O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
O
Appreciate all of the input/comments. Found a nice side x side coming up for auction at a local estate sale next week. More than I need. However, daughter keeps telling me that it will be a "Buy once. Cry once." kinda deal. She and SIL use their SxS just about every day on their farm.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I’ve got a partially restored 79 Land Cruiser in the shop. It’s got what it takes but I really don’t like the thought of eventually burning it down.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (1234, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 17Hunter, 163bc, 74 invisible), 2,047 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,829
Posts18,496,613
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.