Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Who else has the pleasure of having them? Trying to pass one now,, they rough

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
If you put a little turpentine a cats ass after cleaning it with a wire brush, he'll pass a motorcycle!

Good luck passing your stone.

Sorry I'm not more help.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Ain't they fun!!!!

U.S. government was established to represent citizens, NOT TO RULE OVER THEM.
Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Had them last year... first time for me. Sucked azz as far as back pain and whizzing blood goes, but they were small and passed pretty easily. I guess I was lucky.

My old man gets them fairly regularly, so I imagine I'm in for more eventually.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Had two 30 years ago
Man I know your pain.
Hope it passes soon

Gun Owners of America
Escapee's RV Club
Elks
Moose
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never thrown up from pain before getting a stone. Even the nurse in the ER who had three kids said it was the worst pain she'd ever been in.

Good luck and drink another glass of water.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Had one a few years ago and had to go to the emergency room, the pain was so bad. Hope I never go through that again....

Hoping you're dealing with a fairly small one so it passes fairly easily.

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
V
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
V
I had my 1st and only one about 5 years ago. It was the most pain I have ever experienced.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I’ve had about 5. Improve you’re diet. Drink more water, citrus is good. Aleve works good on me. If you can get one down before you vomit it back up. Good luck!!

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Going thru it now. ER visit, surgery with laser to break it up.
Still have a stent in and a few more in the other kidney so more more surgery.
Headed out tomorrow to take my 13 yr grandson on an elk hunt in AZ. Not the way I planned this trip.

Who would have thought that a little tiny stone could cause so much pain.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Hydration is your friend if you have a history or family history, son spent 6 years in the sand box, got them eventually, from dehydration. Not pleasant, gave him morphine and lots of water....he said it was still like pizzing a sand spur. ;-)

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I never had any experience with them but just for the mentioning, my bud had a recurrence of them. Finally tracked it down to drinking too much iced tea.

Oxalate stones

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am minus one kidney, but I got a kidney stone on the site of that missing kidney.

In the emergency room they gave me a shot... and the pain went away.

I was to pee through a strainer for a month.

On the last day I peed out a raisin made of stone.

They took my stone and analyzed it. It was ok.

My wife's cousin is married to an emergency room surgeon [removes bullets]. He had his kidney stones surgically removed preemptively.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
They ain’t no fun……I think that I’m dealing with one now! Either that or I have kidney cancer! 🫢 memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I've had 2...first one required extraction by surgeon 27 yrs ago. 2nd passed along with lot of blood 4 yrs ago. Sure don't want another! Hope you pass it soon!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steve
Never thrown up from pain before getting a stone. Even the nurse in the ER who had three kids said it was the worst pain she'd ever been in.

Good luck and drink another glass of water.

Had one 33 years ago and the nurse said about the same thing. She said she’d rather go through childbirth again than have another kidney stone. They gave me a couple doses of morphine which didn’t touch the pain, finally they tried some demerol and that helped a bit.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I had lithotripsy for 3 of them the end of September. Stent in the ureter. When the urine hits that stent, make sure you're holding yourself up. The pain for 4 days post procedure was beyond description. There are blocks of time I don't remember.

Tramadol doesn't work.

"Their minds are dead" - Carmine Ricca
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Nollij
I had lithotripsy for 3 of them the end of September. Stent in the ureter. When the urine hits that stent, make sure you're holding yourself up. The pain for 4 days post procedure was beyond description. There are blocks of time I don't remember.

Tramadol doesn't work.

Had the same procedure. Stent, while not painful, was wholly unpleasant. Every time I pissed I could feel it traveling back up and into the kidney. At least that was the sensation.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had a 12mm stone. I didn't even know I had it until I had a CT scan for an injury I had. That stone was completely asympomatic until it was busted up with lithotripsy. All the rubble flushed into my ureter at once and clogged it creating a "stone strasse" (stone street) or some damned thing. That's when the pain hit. I characterize it like this:

Imagine having a rusty, jagged, red-hot machette pushed through you then having it slowly saw down toward your groin, while simultaneously getting kicked in the balls with every beat of your heart.

I was unaware just how far I could vomit until that hit. Hint: along damned way.

I got flomax and pain meds. It took exactly 30 days for it to pass. The day all that [bleep] dropped into my bladdewr, I was sitting on couch. Suddenly, it felt like someone jammed a lit sparkler into the tip of my dick. It hurt fort about 10 seconds. Then I had to piss something fierce. I grabbed my strainer and it sounded like I was dropping gravel into it.

My largest fragment was 5mm. I had multiple 4mm fragments, many more 3mm fragments, and a ton of sand.

And the stones aren't smooth. They are jagged as hell. And they really are stone.

During my initial hospital visit, my nurse told me she passed a 7mm stone, and it hurt worse than giving birth to a 7.5lb baby with no drugs.

I ruptured my L4-L5 and L5-S1 discs and got severe sciatica as a result. Had to have surgery. Thought that was the worse pain I could ever have. Tunred out, that was a walk in the park compared to the kidney stone.

So, cheers to all the fellow Kidney Stone Survivors out there.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 11/29/23.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Been there, done that TWICE! Drink looooots of water and stay away from tea/coffee/soda! Hydration is the key!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

373 members (160user, 163bc, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 32 invisible), 2,054 guests, and 1,103 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,245
Posts18,486,100
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.