Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 6 36 37
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just waiting for someone to say the earth is flat and is situated at the centre of the solar system and the universe. If it's going to be silly, may as well go all the way.

Last edited by DBT; 11/30/23.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ice cores can get us back about 70,000 years in Greenland and 400,000 in Antarctica. Dendrochronology can get us back a lot further than 5k years. The oldest living tree may be about 5000 years old but long dead preserved trees also provide ring data. Making a young earth an article of faith is foolish. A lot more emphasis is placed on the plan of salvation and that is really the important part isn’t it?

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TnBigBore
Making a young earth an article of faith is foolish.
I concur. Jesus and His Apostle’s certainly didn’t make it an article of faith.
A lot more emphasis is placed on the plan of salvation and that is really the important part isn’t it?
I concur. The main thing is to see to it that the main thing stays the main thing.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
We can see objects more than 10 billion light years away. Aside from the age of the earth, that means the universe is more-than 10 billion years old because that is how long it took for the light to get here.

Maybe there was no “bang”. …. No…“Explosion at the moment of creation.”

This idea that creation was…. “everything, everywhere all at once …”

Give it a read…...a fascination…

https://profoundphysics.com/did-the-big-bang-happen-everywhere-at-once/

This would explain the 10 billion light years away question.

Last edited by TF49; 11/30/23.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
Originally Posted by rainshot
By whose clock do you measure time; God's or man's?
I believe every word of the Bible to be inspired by God, but for one to figure that His“day” is 24 hours and His “year” to be 12 months, is foolishness.
His being is all powerful, and He is timeless.
Someone once told me that “for a human mind to understand God would be like a dog learning algebra”.
I periodically reread chapter 38 of Job.
“ And God answered Job out of the storm….
Where were you when I laid the foundations of the Earth?”
Reon

One of my favorite scenes in the entire Bible.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by ironbender
Not this shït again.

Fuggin one trick pony you are.

You are so shallow. Prove yourself correct. Afterall you are smarter than a Ph.D biochemist.
What exactly is it you’re asking me to prove?

That you’re a one trick pony?

This sort of shït stirring is the bulk of your posts.

Beside, you could be handed undisputed facts and you’ll still weasel around it.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
We can see objects more than 10 billion light years away. Aside from the age of the earth, that means the universe is more-than 10 billion years old because that is how long it took for the light to get here.

You education is dated. Speed of light is measured from one point to a reflector and back. Many scientists are arguing the speed from the sender is infinite, thus throwing off any accurate measurement. Light years are NOT time. They are a distance. If the light speed from the sender, the star, is infinite, the light from a star would be observed instantly. In one of the papers I read some scientists discovered the speed of light, after going through a windshield, was 450 mph.

There's just a lot we don't know and like Mark Twain said, "It amazing what a wholesale lot of conjecture scientists can come up with from such a trifling investment of facts."

Now we have the speed of light faster than the speed of light.

Someone call NASA. This is revolutionary stuff.
Here’s a 🍪

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

You education is dated. Speed of light is measured from one point to a reflector and back. Many scientists are arguing the speed from the sender is infinite, thus throwing off any accurate measurement. Light years are NOT time. They are a distance. If the light speed from the sender, the star, is infinite, the light from a star would be observed instantly. In one of the papers I read some scientists discovered the speed of light, after going through a windshield, was 450 mph.

There's just a lot we don't know and like Mark Twain said, "It amazing what a wholesale lot of conjecture scientists can come up with from such a trifling investment of facts."

Now we have the speed of light faster than the speed of light.

Someone call NASA. This is revolutionary stuff.
Here’s a 🍪

Ringman's new speed of light doesn't even come remotely close to his ability for propagation of bullshit.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by antlers
Regardless, it’s not a central issue to the faith of Christianity. When you get to Heaven, God’s not gonna say, “Did you think the universe was young or old…’cause if you thought it was old…you’re outta here”…!

The real issue is did Jesus rise from the dead for your sins, and if you put your trust and confidence in Him for that, then you’re saved, and all of this age of the earth stuff (as interesting as it is) is indeterminate (not determined by the Bible) and again, not central to following Jesus.
Exactly right!

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by DBT
Just waiting for someone to say the earth is flat and is situated at the centre of the solar system and the universe. If it's going to be silly, may as well go all the way.

Well not the center of the universe or solar system. But at times it's flat, as a flat earth society member we believe that the farther you get away from 45 caliber in a black.powder cartridge gun the more likely you will fall off the edge.amd not find your way back.
You gotta cut old ringman some slack IIRC he is an original fanboy of Happy Crapper the turd.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Not this shït again.

The usual trick...drop some stupid crap and watch the show as it gets kicked around.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Full of mis-representations and outright lies as is usual with that crowd.

Skip the first 12 minutes, it’s self-congratulatory fluff.

The arguments they state is that radio-isotope dating and all the other physical evidence is crap and that basing theories and conclusions upon observable evidence (ie. Science) necessarily rejects the existence of a God.

Their position is that the only reliable guide to the past is eye-witness testimony as recorded in their writing and the eye-witness was God, tho of course God didn’t write anything Hisself he was only quoted. Turns out Adam was fully literate. No record of Abraham reading anything written by Adam or reading anything written by people who had read anything written by Adam so as the moderator is obliged to interject, God musta spoke directly to Abraham too.

No mention at all of the troubling parallels between Genesis and the earlier Epic of Gilgamesh and no mention of the fact that numerous individuals including Joseph Smith and Mohammed have claimed that God through His angels spoke to them too. Same basis for conclusions ergo equally valid, or not.

The real irony being, IMHO, if ya want to see the handwriting of God, just step outside your door and look at the World around you.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Science makes sense to me and religion doesn't. Earth age 4.5 billion vs 6000 years. So to thumpers... when did the dinosaurs live?

living the good life every day
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Whatever anyone responding in this thread guesses, ... It will be wrong.

Simple measurement methods made so that the human brain can understand them, frankly don't mean much.

All is as one day with God, for time is only measured unto men…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No one knows how old the Earth is.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by stxhunter
No one knows how old the Earth is.

I do. It's old as dirt.

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole
Upon what do you base your assertion on?

This question is disallowed due to multiple grammatical infractions.

Lay them on me. I see one.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Ice cores can get us back about 70,000 years in Greenland and 400,000 in Antarctica. Dendrochronology can get us back a lot further than 5k years. The oldest living tree may be about 5000 years old but long dead preserved trees also provide ring data. Making a young earth an article of faith is foolish. A lot more emphasis is placed on the plan of salvation and that is really the important part isn’t it?

Perhaps you are ignorant of the WW2 bomber which was recovered about 250 feet down in the ice. According to ice cores it was multiple thousands of years down. And yet it was only a few decades. Kind of sounds like radiometric dating: Unreliable.

I remember one atheist in a lecture said something like, "If we can destroy the first three chapters of Genesis, in the burning remains will be the cross of Jesus." If death has been here before Adam, then what is the world going to return to when Jesus returns? Watch the video.

Everyday Hunter
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
Making a young earth an article of faith is foolish.
I concur. Jesus and His Apostle’s certainly didn’t make it an article of faith.
A lot more emphasis is placed on the plan of salvation and that is really the important part isn’t it?
I concur. The main thing is to see to it that the main thing stays the main thing.

Is it possible to discuss the fallacy of some arguments and still rely on Jeus' Blood for salvation?

Everyday Hunter
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Not this shït again.

You are so shallow. Prove yourself correct. Afterall you are smarter than a Ph.D biochemist.
What exactly is it you’re asking me to prove?

That you’re a one trick pony?

This sort of shït stirring is the bulk of your posts.

Beside, you could be handed undisputed facts and you’ll still weasel around it.

Give me a couple of your best "undisputed facts", please. I am very interested in science.

Everyday Hunter
Page 4 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 6 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

397 members (1moredeer, 10Glocks, 1lesfox, 06hunter59, 163bc, 1Longbow, 39 invisible), 1,968 guests, and 1,053 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,541
Posts18,531,263
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.