-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
After 10 years of nightly faithful service, my CPAP finally died. Just mentioning it because if you are in need of a new one, I got a Cyber Week deal on a ResMed Airsense 10 for $399 at CPAP.com. How often in life do you have something break and the replacement is on sale for 67% off?

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed-airsense-10-autoset-humidair

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
GB4

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Get the new no mask no cleaning system.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That is why the old Darth Vader system is 67% off.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have that machine and the fùcker started making the Darth Vader noise after only 2 years.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
that is a good deal. I have that model and I ended up buying one from a medical supply house as a backup

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
What a loser thread

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mine was 6 years old when the noise started.
It took 6 months to get its replacement, this year, I was sweating it.
Haven't slept more than two or three nights without one in 15 years.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Medicare will pay their part of a new machine after five (?) years. A new prescription may be needed from your sleep Dr. Check into that before you pay full price. A reputable supplier should know the rules.

Increasing my post count so people will buy stuff from me
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by immature
Medicare will pay their part of a new machine after five (?) years. A new prescription may be needed from your sleep Dr. Check into that before you pay full price. A reputable supplier should know the rules.
Yup, and they also pay the majority of the cost for supplies. I get a new water tank, hose, filters, head gear and seals every year for my AirSense 10. My MD had to write the script. The only issue is that the unit is connected to cell service, they monitor my use and leakage which I can also see through their app. My sleep doctor downloads the information, she can make adjustments wirelessly.

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had to have a "sleep study" because I fit the " DOT CDL Profile" biggest snake oil BS scam I was ever subjected to till Covid.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And you can make adjustments yourself
I always set my machine up the way I want.
Screw the doctors orders, I've slept with it for 15 years.
I know if I'm sleeping well(pee calls are a hint. None if things are good several if not)

The beauty of auto pap. It just a range anyway, the machine sets the pressure needed.
I can't stand ramps. Feel like I'm not breathing.

Got away from a "sleep doc" my general doc handles it now.
She just gives me what I want, consult with a therapist every few years. Just to
check on what's new and improved.

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 12/02/23.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Ive been on one for 15 years thanks to a coworker and friend. I would be long gone if I hadn’t been tested. Sleep a solid 6+ hours before weee time. O2 levels went from 77 during the test to 98 once i got the mask on during the study and to this day.
It takes a little time to adjust to the mask or nasal pillows. I opted for the nasal pillows from day 1.

SLeep well, don’t snore, even Mr. Johnson got some improvement!

RAM, take the sleep test regardless. If the test determines you need a CPAP machine, go for it. Keep us posted.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the only thing I hate is I am miserable without it. It may just be mental but I am 100% addicted to this thing.

I can't sleep unless I have it, and those days of dozing off in the recliner are behind me, unless I have a CPAP next to me. I mean eventually I would sleep but it would be a constant fight of dozing off, gasping for air, waking up - repeat. I can't even sleep on my stomach without it.

that also means that tent camping is a challenge. I've thought about buying a power station called a Jackery (yea I know, they could have come up with a better name) that should give me a couple of nights sleep

Wife and I have really been wanting to do some hot tent camping and its just too much to setup and deal with just for a weekend.

Last edited by KFWA; 12/03/23.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
No need for the jackery. But it is the easy button.

A deer feeder battery will run one for 6 to 8 hr. A couple batts wired up will go longer

I had a cheap battery jumper from harbor freight that would go 3 nights

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

636 members (06hunter59, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 1234, 70 invisible), 2,087 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,891
Posts18,479,159
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.