Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 36 37
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
No, you’re not.

Read a high school earth science book.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Full of mis-representations and outright lies as is usual with that crowd.

Skip the first 12 minutes, it’s self-congratulatory fluff.

The arguments they state is that radio-isotope dating and all the other physical evidence is crap and that basing theories and conclusions upon observable evidence (ie. Science) necessarily rejects the existence of a God.

Their position is that the only reliable guide to the past is eye-witness testimony as recorded in their writing and the eye-witness was God, tho of course God didn’t write anything Hisself he was only quoted. Turns out Adam was fully literate. No record of Abraham reading anything written by Adam or reading anything written by people who had read anything written by Adam so as the moderator is obliged to interject, God musta spoke directly to Abraham too.

No mention at all of the troubling parallels between Genesis and the earlier Epic of Gilgamesh and no mention of the fact that numerous individuals including Joseph Smith and Mohammed have claimed that God through His angels spoke to them too. Same basis for conclusions ergo equally valid, or not.

The real irony being, IMHO, if ya want to see the handwriting of God, just step outside your door and look at the World around you.

Birdwatcher,

I agree with you about Adam writing something and eventually Moses got it. It displays a lack of faith in God's ability to give the facts to Moses, as Jesus says. If you want to believe in Epic of Gilgamesh which tells us the flood survivors were in a cube, go ahead. Noah's boat uses modern six to one ratio for a stable craft. Both Joe and the pedophile have lots of errors in their material. Show one from the Bible which has been proven by science and is undisputable by both creationists and evolutionists so we can all see it.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by champlain_islander
Science makes sense to me and religion doesn't. Earth age 4.5 billion vs 6000 years. So to thumpers... when did the dinosaurs live?

I don't believe the earth is only 6,000 years old. After I watched the video, "Were the pyramids built before the Flood?" I changed my mind. I think it is closer to 7,000 years old. It appears Bishop Usher didn't have the same manuscripts which were translated into Latin about 250 BC.

Some here have mentioned Job. At the end of Job two dinosaurs were described as alive at that time. How do you think people around the world were able to depict them on pottery and at grave sights and on walls? Because they were alive at the time. How do you think scientists are finding lots of soft tissues in dinosaur bones?

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ringman
You are so shallow. Prove yourself correct. Afterall you are smarter than a Ph.D biochemist.
Ah, but Jesus did address it. He said man and woman were created at the beginning, not millions or billions of years later.
Ringman: Take a trip to Kemmerer Wyoming and visit The Fossil Butte National Monument. Spend 2 or 3 days there. If you go with a semi open mind you will come away knowing the earth is very old and life has been evolving on earth for eons.

It doesn't require you to become an atheist or to disavow Jesus to admit this. It requires you to understand that the bible was written by folks explaining things to the best of their understanding within the limits of their knowledge.

There was a flood and there probably were people that escaped in a boat, but the mountains did not go under. The genealogies are incomplete at best.

I am not saying there wasn't an Abraham or there wasn't a covenant. I'm saying there is a lot missing and as I said a lot was written with a limited understanding

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ironbender
No, you’re not.

Careful Mike. Just as there's a Schwarzchild radius associated with black holes, there's a Ringman radius. Don't get sucked in.

IC B2

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
No, you’re not.

Brain washing! When I was in tenth grade biology class we were told Caucasians are the highest evolved race. This was in a school with about 2,500 kids from all ethnic groups in San Diego, California. I believed it until about twenty-five yeas of age. Now, science has discovered all humans are the same race.

Everyday Hunter
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Don't trust the science.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Ringman, I would suggest your assiniine posts have discouraged many fence-siiters from Christianity by making them believe all ""Christians" are retards.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Here is a video by a scientist being interviewed about the age of the earth.

Appeal to authority.

"Scientists say" lots of things, about lots of things, the global "climate crisis" and mRNA vaccines to name a couple more recent examples.

E.g. I heard a "scientist" say if we stop burning fossil fuels we can stabilize the climate. Evidence however indicates that the climate hasn't been stable for as long as the Earth has existed, however long you may think that may be.

Evidence is more important than what "scientists say".

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
No, you’re not.

Brain washing! When I was in tenth grade biology class we were told Caucasians are the highest evolved race. This was in a school with about 2,500 kids from all ethnic groups in San Diego, California. I believed it until about twenty-five yeas of age. Now, science has discovered all humans are the same race.

More accurately, perhaps political ideologues who are labeled "scientists" have "discovered" all humans are the same race, but look around, the evidence clearly indicates that is not the case.

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Some "scientists" are now also "discovering" we are not actually male or female. The list goes goes on.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is it possible to discuss the fallacy of some arguments and still rely on Jesus' Blood for salvation?
Sure it is. That’s clearly been exactly what’s been occurring with multiple posts here.

I don't look to the first three chapters of Genesis to determine where I stand with God. I don't look to the first three chapters of Genesis to determine whether or not God loves me, whether or not God is with me, whether or not God cares for me.

Do you know where I look…? I look to a single event that took place on a hill outside the walls of Jerusalem. That's where I look, where God sent His son to pay for all of your sin and all of my sin. And that was His way of saying that He’s removed every obstacle between you and Him so that you can have fellowship with Him, and He can love you unconditionally. And He can hear your prayers regardless of your sin. And He can intervene if He chooses to. And He can comfort if that's what He chooses to do.

But you are in a right relationship with God. And you never ever, ever, ever, ever have to wonder if He loves you, if He cares about you, or if He is with you.

When someone can predict His own death and resurrection…and pulls it off…and He tells you that you can put your trust and confidence in Him…PERIOD…you believe Him.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
76, comes September. All else is rumor..... smile

But my neighbor has a chicken-sized lizard egg- hard as a rock, which it is.

I gotta get a picture of that. Neat!

Last edited by las; 12/02/23.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
No, you’re not.

All cattle are the same species in that they can breed and produce offspring as can all humans, That is how the Neanderthal race disappeared and how the Texas Longhorn almost disappeared, they were absorbed.

That doesn't make an American bison the same ''race'' as a Jersey or a negro the same race as a Korean. Your book was basically correct then and now if you look at the evidence.

The different races although all of the human species certainly are different racially.

Do you believe that in 5000 years the human species could evolve into the various varieties such as the sub groups found in the various Caucasians, Mongoloids, Negroes, and whatever the Australian native is. Not to mention the huge disparities between the 3 main sub groups? Did Noah's little family turn into the 7 or 8 billion people we now have

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by TnBigBore
Ice cores can get us back about 70,000 years in Greenland and 400,000 in Antarctica. Dendrochronology can get us back a lot further than 5k years. The oldest living tree may be about 5000 years old but long dead preserved trees also provide ring data. Making a young earth an article of faith is foolish. A lot more emphasis is placed on the plan of salvation and that is really the important part isn’t it?

Perhaps you are ignorant of the WW2 bomber which was recovered about 250 feet down in the ice. According to ice cores it was multiple thousands of years down. And yet it was only a few decades. Kind of sounds like radiometric dating: Unreliable.

I remember one atheist in a lecture said something like, "If we can destroy the first three chapters of Genesis, in the burning remains will be the cross of Jesus." If death has been here before Adam, then what is the world going to return to when Jesus returns? Watch the video.

Actually the ice above those planes built up over that last decades and are not the same ice taken in core samples. Extreamly weak (and laughable) argument from young earth believers.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TnBigBore
Ice cores can get us back about 70,000 years in Greenland and 400,000 in Antarctica. Dendrochronology can get us back a lot further than 5k years. The oldest living tree may be about 5000 years old but long dead preserved trees also provide ring data. Making a young earth an article of faith is foolish. A lot more emphasis is placed on the plan of salvation and that is really the important part isn’t it?

Perhaps you are ignorant of the WW2 bomber which was recovered about 250 feet down in the ice. According to ice cores it was multiple thousands of years down. And yet it was only a few decades. Kind of sounds like radiometric dating: Unreliable.

I remember one atheist in a lecture said something like, "If we can destroy the first three chapters of Genesis, in the burning remains will be the cross of Jesus." If death has been here before Adam, then what is the world going to return to when Jesus returns? Watch the video.

I am ignorant of over 99% of all the knowledge accumulated throughout human history as are you. I do have some knowledge of this subject. I am familiar with the WWII bomber that was found in Greenland. Some ice sheets are two miles thick actually. The ice core samples taken in Greenland and the Vostock region of Antarctica are taken from the interiors of the ice caps where there is less shifting and variability and the longest/deepest core samples can be taken. The margins of the ice sheets shift and move a good bit even seasonally. This does not happen in the interior of the ice sheets. The aircraft was found in far southeastern Greenland which is near the margin of the ice sheet. The fact that it was found 268 feet deep near the margins of the ice sheet in no way refutes that ice core samples go back nearly 70,000 years in Greenland.

I did watch the full video by the way. Both gentlemen seem completely sincere in their beliefs. The older fellow who is the supposed expert bends science to fit his a priori conclusion that the earth is around 6,000 years old. Everything hinges on his argument that there could not have been any death or suffering of any kind by any creature before Adam's sin. For that he is willing to discard basically any proof that the earth if older than 6,000 years. The video if far from convincing.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by champlain_islander
Science makes sense to me and religion doesn't. Earth age 4.5 billion vs 6000 years. So to thumpers... when did the dinosaurs live?

I don't believe the earth is only 6,000 years old. After I watched the video, "Were the pyramids built before the Flood?" I changed my mind. I think it is closer to 7,000 years old. It appears Bishop Usher didn't have the same manuscripts which were translated into Latin about 250 BC.

Some here have mentioned Job. At the end of Job two dinosaurs were described as alive at that time. How do you think people around the world were able to depict them on pottery and at grave sights and on walls? Because they were alive at the time. How do you think scientists are finding lots of soft tissues in dinosaur bones?
so carbon dating old Dino bones that shows them millions of years old is flawed? Come on you can't be serious.

living the good life every day
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Most people believe in stuff that doesn’t have continuous evidence to prove their belief and sounds crazy, but some old guys wrote it in books and they choose to believe in it, despite those gaps in evidence. But hey, they have faith.

If that sounds like religion, it is….the religion of modern science.

Preconceived notions don’t belong in science. An outspoken atheist has the same religious approach to real science as a “Fire and Brimstone” evangelical preacher. The agnostic approach is the only true approach to science and that acknowledges the shortcomings of explaining things older than recorded history.

Historically speaking, Christians are more likely to take an agnostic approach than an atheist because even if science doesn’t prove Christianity right, there’s always God’s divine intervention. Atheists. however, can’t allow any explanation reside in intelligent design of any God. Zero. That level of prejudice doesn’t sound very scientific.

Some of the giants on who's shoulder's modern atheist scientists stand.

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kolofardos
Ringman, I would suggest your assiniine posts have discouraged many fence-siiters from Christianity by making them believe all ""Christians" are retards.

What do you base your statement on? Like you, your "fence-siiters" are making a choice now. God tells us those who do not know God and do not obey the Gospel of Jesus Christ will be destroyed.

Everyday Hunter
Page 5 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

492 members (17CalFan, 007FJ, 1badf350, 1moredeer, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 43 invisible), 2,128 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,545
Posts18,531,346
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.