E
Try that with a 911 Turbo.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
All of the electric car stuff is going to come to an abrupt halt after everyone who wants one spends a fortune to learn that they're fairly useless except for around town usage.

Basically, they're glorified golf carts.

Our illustrious Governor worked to have a massive auto battery manufacturing plant built about 80 miles from here. They're going to have to build a massive warehouse to store all of them that can't be sold.

Somebody who was smart enough and had the resources to do it should start using those massive lithium batteries to store electricity from solar panels--like Congressman Thomas Massie did at his home. There's lots of money to be made from a business like that.

They're going to have to sell them to somebody.

walt501 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
All those who say it won't work in rural areas or for long distance trips aren't being realistic. The fact of the matter is that you rarely take long trips and those in rural areas have electricity at home.

Proof - Click Here

Only 2 percent of trips are longer than 50 miles. 2 percent. The simple fact is that electric vehicles will work just fine for just about everyone and free us from foreign oil. That's a win. Big win.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by walt501
and free us from foreign oil. That's a win. Big win.

Where do you think all of the materials for the batteries come from?

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We just got back from a trip from Idaho to Albuquerque. 850 miles and the only sizable town we went through was Salt Lake. It's a LONG way between charging stations on that trip. I think you'd have to be an idiot to try it in an EV, especially in the winter. Our car thermometer showed it down to 6 at one point. That's not brutally cold but it'll take it's toll on a battery.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by RyanTX
and free us from foreign oil. That's a win. Big win.

Where do you think all of the materials for the batteries come from?

Where does the power in the electric cord come from???

EVs will not free us from foreign oil, we could already be free of foreign. That's a political choice. Nor will EVs free us from oil in general. At least not soon..

Last edited by Muffin; 12/01/23.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
All those who say it won't work in rural areas or for long distance trips aren't being realistic. The fact of the matter is that you rarely take long trips and those in rural areas have electricity at home.

Proof - Click Here

Only 2 percent of trips are longer than 50 miles. 2 percent. The simple fact is that electric vehicles will work just fine for just about everyone and free us from foreign oil. That's a win. Big win.

Try the same argument here in Australia, if you don't have wheels outside the cities you are a cripple.

And any clown that attempts that argument is simply showing how damned stupid and ill-informed they are.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M

Proof - Click Here

I bet it takes more oil to build and maintain an electric car than a fuel burner. And the added benefit of it burning down your house when it shorts out. No thanks, like the others say short trips maybe, I still wouldn’t put one in an attached garage if I was living there.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I would like to see the same race at -20° F.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
an executive type i know bought a new Ford Lightning this yr... left for his lake home fully charged, towing a small fishing boat he made it 92 miles for it quit... got towed, took it back, demanded refund... nother fella got one as a company truck... lil over a hunert miles (no trailer) it was done... useless!

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shrapnel
What everyone seems to overlook, Musk doesn’t care what anybody thinks, he just keeps moving forward. I don’t see a Tesla or any EV in my future, but I love watching what Elon does…
This! Well said.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Teslas are one trick ponies. Great straight line acceleration, but let’s run 24 hours and Sebring at see what happens.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Proof - Click Here

Currently EVs account for 1.3% of the total vehicles (cars) on the road. Most neighborhoods must increase transformer capacity to account for more than three EVs on the neighborhood last mile grid. To achieve 10% of the total vehicles on the road, we would need to add north of $1 Trillion into energy production and last mile delivery capacity. To achieve 50% would take another $2.5 Trillion. And we're talking decades just to get to 10%. And you may have noticed, EV sales are on the decline so achieving 10% may be mission impossible.

If you want to become free of foreign oil, simply tap and exploit our national capacity. In order to accomplish that, the EPA should be defunded and pollution laws and compliance should become a State's issue.

Energy is a national security issue, however, just like or borders the clowns in Washington are being funded and driven by progressive, globalist policies. That's the problem, not EVs.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Electric motors are great for "instant on" power. But try tears point the armature under a shady tree.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Proof - Click Here

Currently EVs account for 1.3% of the total vehicles (cars) on the road. Most neighborhoods must increase transformer capacity to account for more than three EVs on the neighborhood last mile grid. To achieve 10% of the total vehicles on the road, we would need to add north of $1 Trillion into energy production and last mile delivery capacity. To achieve 50% would take another $2.5 Trillion. And we're talking decades just to get to 10%. And you may have noticed, EV sales are on the decline so achieving 10% may be mission impossible.

If you want to become free of foreign oil, simply tap and exploit our national capacity. In order to accomplish that, the EPA should be defunded and pollution laws and compliance should become a State's issue.

Energy is a national security issue, however, just like or borders the clowns in Washington are being funded and driven by progressive, globalist policies. That's the problem, not EVs.

As to the video - If I ever find myself in the position of a quarter mile drag hauling a trailer, now I know what vehicle I want to be in. Thanks Elon.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
EVs are going to need massive infrastructure to remain operational. The same "green" idiots that are pushing for electric cars will be beset by a severe case of the vapors at the idea of the number of nuclear power plants necessary to generate enough electricity to charge them or the quantity of coal that will need to be burned to do so.

Unless somebody comes up with a way to literally catch lightning in a bottle, electric cars are a no go.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Bristoe
EVs are going to need massive infrastructure to remain operational. The same "green" idiots that are pushing for electric cars will be beset by a severe case of the vapors at the idea of the number of nuclear power plants necessary to generate enough electricity to charge them or the quantity of coal that will need to be burned to do so.

Unless somebody comes up with a way to literally catch lightning in a bottle, electric cars are a no go.

People think solar will work.... you can have solar or eat, not both...... not enough land. At least with current technology....

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
Teslas are one trick ponies. Great straight line acceleration, but let’s run 24 hours and Sebring at see what happens.

It took fifty years to perfect the I.C.E. American car and truck. Some might say much longer than that with fuel injection, etc. Most of us won't be here when the EV club finally achieves engineering and efficiency perfection, but that day will indeed come.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by broomd
Most of us won't be here when the EV club finally achieves engineering and efficiency perfection, but that day will indeed come.

The second fastest lap turned at Nurburgring was done by an EV and the fastest was a plug in hybrid.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by broomd
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin

It took fifty years to perfect the I.C.E. American car and truck. Some might say much longer than that with fuel injection, etc. Most of us won't be here when the EV club finally achieves engineering and efficiency perfection, but that day will indeed come.

EVs aren’t a new idea. In fact, they’re a very old one; one that failed over 100 years ago. The only difference between then and now is the battery technology. They would not be a thing today if it weren’t for the government subsidies you and I are paying for them to exist. Go check out your local charging stations. You will find they don’t work or if they do, the government poured $10,000,000 into them. I can’t remember the last time I heard of the government putting in a gas station. EVs make sense for those who are commuting back and forth to work perhaps, but every person I know who has one also has an ICE vehicle as well. My crystal ball is broken, so we’ll have to see what subsidies exist going forward for the EVs. If they continue, then you are probably right.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

356 members (257 mag, 1lesfox, 163bc, 1badf350, 160user, 06hunter59, 34 invisible), 2,337 guests, and 1,071 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,329
Posts18,526,586
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.