Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
The new Land Cruiser will increase the value of the previous generation of Land Cruisers. The new LC looks like [bleep] to me. And, FFS, a 4 cylinder. Damn.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by jackmountain
If I could buy a 70 series Landcruiser here like this, I’d gladly drive it til I died.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Yes, they certainly have the longevity. Very capable offroad too. I've done a fair bit of mileage in them under a wide range of conditions, from highway to sand ridges to mud to rocky tracks. You do give away a fair bit in creature comforts and any modern conveniences, and they aren't so great around the 'burbs or on the freeway, but that isn't the point of them.

FWIW I recently took delivery of an Ineos Grenadier, which is aimed at a similar sort of usage profile, but it is a long way ahead of the 70 series in most respects - other than the fact that Cruisers have such a massive installed base.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Marley7x57
The new Land Cruiser will increase the value of the previous generation of Land Cruisers. The new LC looks like [bleep] to me. And, FFS, a 4 cylinder. Damn.

They are squeezing a lot of power out of that little motor. It will remain to be seen what the durability is like.

They aren't offering it in Oz. They are instead using the same 2.8 turbodiesel as is in the current Prado, which is well-proven if not the most powerful in its class. They are adding 48V electric to it, to give (fairly minimal) hybrid assistance. It is a bit of a pity that they aren't offering the 3.3 V6 turbodiesel that is in the 300 series, but I guess they don't want to cannibalise too many sales from the full-size 'Cruiser.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by dan_oz

They are squeezing a lot of power out of that little motor. It will remain to be seen what the durability is like.

They aren't offering it in Oz. They are instead using the same 2.8 turbodiesel as is in the current Prado, which is well-proven if not the most powerful in its class. They are adding 48V electric to it, to give (fairly minimal) hybrid assistance. It is a bit of a pity that they aren't offering the 3.3 V6 turbodiesel that is in the 300 series, but I guess they don't want to cannibalise too many sales from the full-size 'Cruiser.

I would have liked to see the turbo 6 cylinder in the LC250. Would have probably purchased it then.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Just can't see myself going to an EV or Hybrid. Happy with my 4Runner.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Yeah well it's the same motor as the '24 Tacoma plus hybrid supposed to get a combined 27mpg has more torque and nearly as much HP as my old 5.7 Tundra.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by AdventureBound
Congrats!

Glad to know that the price has dropped. It had been way up there.

It looks more narrow than the previous model. Do you know how the dimensions compare to the prior model?

It's a re-trimmed FJ Cruiser, nowhere near the truck the older 'Cruisers are.

Not even. It's the same body on frame as the new Tundra/Sequoia.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Stopped by my Toyota Dealer yesterday for an oil change on Laura's Sienna...

Those guy love us...

I got on the list for the new LC...

LOL...

Trading a Sienna (and a few dollars) for what is going to be the most sought after vehicle in America here shortly...

https://www.toyota.com/upcoming-vehicles/landcruiser/

Kinda weirded out. That link is so targeted. The red FJ 62 in the pics is a spittin image of the one I have. I'm gonna order one next week.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Just can't see myself going to an EV or Hybrid. Happy with my 4Runner.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I like that.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Does it come standard with skinny jeans and a manbun?

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
You are the stupid fugg... that stuck his nose in this thread...

What ya drive?

A Brokedick Buick?

SUBARU! 😂😂👍🏻

That's cool...

But, do you really need a Subaru in Texas?

I know there are some hills... but most of the state is flat... or paved.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by JLimbo

Those guy love us...

LOL...

Trading a Sienna (and a few dollars) for what is going to be the most sought after vehicle in America here shortly...

Kinda weirded out. That link is so targeted. The red FJ 62 in the pics is a spittin image of the one I have. I'm gonna order one next week.

No doubt Toyota is trying to ping all the Gens with the new LC.

Ford, Dodge and GM are in free fall collapse over the UAW crap.

Toyotas hold value like crazy... we have bought 5 new ones in the past two years... every one of them has gone up in value 10-20%

If I can cash out on the Sienna (4 cly Hybrid) for $45k +/-... the LC (same DT platform... kinda)... I will.

If the new LC sucks when it comes in... I will pass.

The thread was more about how rare they are going to be... and the frenzy that Toyota is causing...

Kinda like Musk and his wedge of cheese "truck"...

Ya know Musk is laughing his ass off over all the free publicity...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sactoller
They sure use a lot of words to avoid saying IFS. I am sure the wokesters will love it!
They haven’t had a solid front axel since the 80 series.

And a perfect reason for me never to purchase one. Comfort of ride is better, capability sucks.

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
They sure use a lot of words to avoid saying IFS. I am sure the wokesters will love it!

And a perfect reason for me never to purchase one. Comfort of ride is better, capability sucks.

A low mileage, triple locked FJ80 is always something I’m watching for.

Last edited by jackmountain; 12/02/23.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

Those guy love us...

LOL...

No doubt Toyota is trying to ping all the Gens with the new LC.

Ford, Dodge and GM are in free fall collapse over the UAW crap.

Toyotas hold value like crazy... we have bought 5 new ones in the past two years... every one of them has gone up in value 10-20%

If I can cash out on the Sienna (4 cly Hybrid) for $45k +/-... the LC (same DT platform... kinda)... I will.

If the new LC sucks when it comes in... I will pass.

The thread was more about how rare they are going to be... and the frenzy that Toyota is causing...

Kinda like Musk and his wedge of cheese "truck"...

Ya know Musk is laughing his ass off over all the free publicity...
you are really ripping thru your inheritance

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M

Yeah well it's the same motor as the '24 Tacoma plus hybrid supposed to get a combined 27mpg has more torque and nearly as much HP as my old 5.7 Tundra.

I have owned a V8 4Runner and a V6 4Runner. No matter what the engine specs said, or what the salesmen said, the V8 was a heck of a better performer than the V6. No way that 4 cyl is going to be as good as your 5.7 engine in the long run. Gas mileage, sure, but long term performance - no way.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Capability is relative. No one is buying a new SUV to spend a lifetime on safari. Anyone serious about real offroad use has a highly modified vehicle for that purpose. IFS has been used by almost every full size vehicle since the 80s, excluding the heaviest vehicles made for real work that aren't good off roaders in the first place. IFS is more than capable for all but the most demanding rock crawling.

Most 4wd vehicles never even see a dirt road, much less off road. The new LC will be more than adequate for those buying it and the intended use. For me, it will be a comfortable SUV that will handle winter roads and the occasional back roads while bringing the grandkids along. I'd damn sure rather have the LC than any SUV Ford or Chevy is producing.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
As far as fuel efficiency, power, and torque go I’ve got a 2023 Silverado with the 3.0 Duramax. On the highway if I keep it under 80 I get 28 to 30 mpg. Around town it’s 22 mpg. Combo seems to settle in around 24 mpg. It’s got about 320 hp and around 450 fp of torque. It has the same torque as the 6.2 with 450 hp.

I had a fender bender and had to drive loaners with the 4 cylinder. I hated it. The engine sounded like a go cart and got terrible mileage. It seemed like I was always filling up. I’ve driven the 6.2 extensively and it’s a great engine but requires premium gas and it’s thirsty.

It’s only been six months but so far my opinion is that every light truck in the road would be better off with a 3.0 Duramax.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
It has some interesting features, the SDM and locking rear and center differential especially. Just a guess, it’ll be $60K out of chute at minimum from dealers here. They tack all kinds of junk on the sticker.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You are the stupid fugg... that stuck his nose in this thread...

What ya drive?

A Brokedick Buick?

SUBARU! 😂😂👍🏻

That's cool...

But, do you really need a Subaru in Texas?

I know there are some hills... but most of the state is flat... or paved.

LMAO. If you’re gonna be that sensitive about purchasing a gay mobile, maybe you should have posted it on DemoRat Underground.
You’ve already mastered their art of Projection and Deflection.
Maybe you should’ve went ahead and just bought a ……………………SUBARU! 😂😂👍🏻

LMAO !

Poor ole Whiner CashLess had to edit out the TRUTH.

REALLY sucks when the Truth hits home, and you have to edit and deflect like a DemoRat!

Carry on with your Butt Hurt. It’s all ya got. 😂

Last edited by chlinstructor; 12/02/23.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

496 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 160user, 2500HD, 67 invisible), 2,390 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,131
Posts18,502,639
Members73,989
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.