These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Ringman
The same Bible tells us, "God spoke and it was.".
It was, indeed. It doesn't, however, say that it happened instantly in human terms. To God, it was the same as instant, however, because all things, from the beginning to the end of time, are laid out before him like a tapestry. But that's only from his perspective, being outside of time itself. He created time for us to live in. He's not himself restricted by it, although he spent 33 years under its governance.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This whole discussion is fraught with complete and total bias on both sides of the argument. The fact is the bible speaks in generalizations of life, belief in God, and how to live our lives in order to please and praise God. In that, I believe in most of the bible but I also believe the words in the bible were never meant to be taken literally, in essence they believed in teaching by way of parables, which are not factual as much as they are life affirming.

Personally, I believe in what the bible teaches us, but I also believe in the science that we have developed- through God's hand and our development over the many millennia humans have inhabited this earth- even beyond the creatures that were here before us- and the nothingness that existed for many hundreds of thousands of years after the earth's forming. The Big Bang is just another example of our inability to understand huge cosmic events so we pretend we understand and continue to explore meaning by putting forth theories and the proving if they are right or wrong. Why do you think we have continued to explore space in more and more detail over the years? The one question I ask anyone who tries to explain away the beginning of the universe by saying it was the Big Bang is this- "where did the material for the Big Bang come from? No matter how small or large the central core of the Big Bang was at the beginning, it had to come from somewhere."

I believe God was involved in the creation of this universe but He works in ways we may never understand and in a time frame we aren't able to understand. The universe may be 14 billion years old, or much older- we don't have enough understanding to completely judge these things yet. But as a working theory it makes sense according to what evidence we have accumulated at the moment. To discount the speed of light, carbon dating, and scientific theories that try to explain these things out of hand because of your total belief in the bible as a scientific or historical reference is just plain being obtuse and argumentative. Close minded people have held back scientific discovery for most of recorded history. Look what happened to Galileo when he proposed the earth wasn't the center of the universe...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by kolofardos
Ringman, I would suggest your assiniine posts have discouraged many fence-sitters from Christianity by making them believe all "Christians" are retards.
What do you base your statement on? Like you, your "fence-sitters" are making a choice now. God tells us those who do not know God and do not obey the Gospel of Jesus Christ will be destroyed.
So you absolve yourself of ‘any’ responsibility for actually pushing people away from Jesus…?

Absolutely! On the contrary, I have been used by God to bring many to Him on the job over the decades. I don't understand why you are afraid of honest science. Some of the Christians I met came to Jesus because of science. Like me, they never gave religion a thought.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So you absolve yourself of ‘any’ responsibility for actually pushing people away from Jesus…?
Absolutely!

shocker

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by bcp
Trust science.

Distrust scientists.

Bruce

Great post!

LOL. Ringman, you do understand that science says the earth is roughly 4.5 billion years old, and it's only a very small minority of scientists who say it's much younger.

Right?

Are you aware evolutionist scientists become creationists every year. Can you name a single creationist who became an evolutionist?

No. Because creationists are some of the most if not the most close-minded people on earth.

"Evolutionists" as you call them, are not.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Your escape mechanism is not working. When something doesn't work, it doesn't work.
You'd better throw your bathroom scale away, then, because it simply doesn't work for weighing 8.4 grains of gun powder.

No. I am referring to Dr. Steve Austin and others. They used rocks from Mt. St. Helens and the Grand Canyon. The most interesting is they broke a rock into four pieces and sent them to four different laboratories. The date is varied by up to more than a billion years. Not very credible.
Did ANY of those 4 different labs date their rock sample at 6000 to 7000 years old…?

Of course not. They used dating methods which assume they know how much parent product was there in the beginning, which they can't know. They assumed they know how much daughter product was there in the beginning, which they can't know. They assumed no product was leached out or brought in, which they can't know. If the dating was reliable, all the labs would have arrived at about the same age, no matter which system they employed.

Everyday Hunter
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The same Bible tells us, "God spoke and it was.".
It was, indeed. It doesn't, however, say that it happened instantly in human terms. To God, it was the same as instant, however, because all things, from the beginning to the end of time, are laid out before him like a tapestry. But that's only from his perspective, being outside of time itself. He created time for us to live in. He's not himself restricted by it, although he spent 33 years under its governance.

Again your philosophical escape mechanism is failing. God created time for man's use. For those with out a preconceived bias, the Genis text is quite clear. Six days and everything was created. 1,656 years later God flooded the whole world, as evidenced by any western movie of the Southwest.

Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
"... as evidenced by any western movie ..."

Now we know how you got so confused. You get your scientific knowledge from Western movies. grin

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bcp
Trust science.

Distrust scientists.

Bruce

Great post!

LOL. Ringman, you do understand that science says the earth is roughly 4.5 billion years old, and it's only a very small minority of scientists who say it's much younger.

Right?

Are you aware evolutionist scientists become creationists every year. Can you name a single creationist who became an evolutionist?

No. Because creationists are some of the most if not the most close-minded people on earth.

"Evolutionists" as you call them, are not.

What's in that pole you are smoking?

Everyday Hunter
IC B3

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
"... as evidenced by any western movie ..."

Now we know how you got so confused. You get your scientific knowledge from Western movies. grin

Take a bow. You made laugh. I think I will watch another western I recorded yesterday.

Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
What's in that pole you are smoking?

Ringman, are you resorting to name-calling now?

You're better than that.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sheister
This whole discussion is fraught with complete and total bias on both sides of the argument. The fact is the bible speaks in generalizations of life, belief in God, and how to live our lives in order to please and praise God. In that, I believe in most of the bible but I also believe the words in the bible were never meant to be taken literally, in essence they believed in teaching by way of parables, which are not factual as much as they are life affirming.

Personally, I believe in what the bible teaches us, but I also believe in the science that we have developed- through God's hand and our development over the many millennia humans have inhabited this earth- even beyond the creatures that were here before us- and the nothingness that existed for many hundreds of thousands of years after the earth's forming. The Big Bang is just another example of our inability to understand huge cosmic events so we pretend we understand and continue to explore meaning by putting forth theories and the proving if they are right or wrong. Why do you think we have continued to explore space in more and more detail over the years? The one question I ask anyone who tries to explain away the beginning of the universe by saying it was the Big Bang is this- "where did the material for the Big Bang come from? No matter how small or large the central core of the Big Bang was at the beginning, it had to come from somewhere."

I believe God was involved in the creation of this universe but He works in ways we may never understand and in a time frame we aren't able to understand. The universe may be 14 billion years old, or much older- we don't have enough understanding to completely judge these things yet. But as a working theory it makes sense according to what evidence we have accumulated at the moment. To discount the speed of light, carbon dating, and scientific theories that try to explain these things out of hand because of your total belief in the bible as a scientific or historical reference is just plain being obtuse and argumentative. Close minded people have held back scientific discovery for most of recorded history. Look what happened to Galileo when he proposed the earth wasn't the center of the universe...
Amen

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Samuel Clemens
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Y’all got sucked past the Ringman radius…

Last edited by Scott_Thornley; 12/02/23.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Known half-lives of radioactive isotopes are ‘known.’ Atomic fission and atomic fusion are reality, and knowing the half-lives of the radioactive isotopes involved helped make these discoveries and technologies possible. Medical linear accelerators and nuclear medicine are reality, and knowing the half-lives of the radioactive isotopes involved helped make these discoveries and technologies possible.

Carbon-14, potassium-argon, and uranium-lead are all accurate methods of dating objects specific to their particular time frames.

Some folks’ grasp on their religious beliefs is so tenuous and so shaky that they’re afraid the least little puff of knowledge will blow it away. If your belief in God depends upon the universe not being billions of years old, then you’re in deeper trouble than you can imagine, oh Ye of little faith.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by ConradCA
You can be both creationist and an evolutions. You believe that God created the universe and used evolution to create life to populate the earth.

For the serious student, they are mutually exclusive. The Bible tells us the earth started out cool. Evolution teaches it started out hot. Creation teaches the earth will end by burning. Evolution teaches it will end cold.

Evolution says nothing of how the earth began, not does is say anything about how the universe will end. Those are covered by different scientific disciplines.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Thegman
Originally Posted by ironbender
No, you’re not.

Read a high school earth science book.

Brain washing! When I was in tenth grade biology class we were told Caucasians are the highest evolved race. This was in a school with about 2,500 kids from all ethnic groups in San Diego, California. I believed it until about twenty-five yeas of age. Now, science has discovered all humans are the same race.

More accurately, perhaps political ideologues who are labeled "scientists" have "discovered" all humans are the same race, but look around, the evidence clearly indicates that is not the case.

You are aware a black person can be a perfect match for a white person needing an organ transplant, correct?

WRONG!!

it is do-able but waaay down the chart of preferred allocation. There is still dna, tissue typing and several criteria in the qualifying matrices of compatibility
Ethnicity to like ethnicity will rank higher as to best suitability.

The only “perfect” match is an identical twin sibling.

Be careful with your generalizations, someone is always lying in wait to call you out on your bullshît

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Thegman
Originally Posted by ironbender
No, you’re not.

Read a high school earth science book.

Brain washing! When I was in tenth grade biology class we were told Caucasians are the highest evolved race. This was in a school with about 2,500 kids from all ethnic groups in San Diego, California. I believed it until about twenty-five yeas of age. Now, science has discovered all humans are the same race.

More accurately, perhaps political ideologues who are labeled "scientists" have "discovered" all humans are the same race, but look around, the evidence clearly indicates that is not the case.

You are aware a black person can be a perfect match for a white person needing an organ transplant, correct?

WRONG!!

it is do-able but waaay down the chart of preferred allocation. There is still dna, tissue typing and several criteria in the qualifying matrices of compatibility
Ethnicity to like ethnicity will rank higher as to best suitability.

The only “perfect” match is an identical twin sibling.

Be careful with your generalizations, someone is always lying in wait to call you out on your bullshît

Ringman's posts are what's called a "target-rich environment. "

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
Originally Posted by Samuel Clemens
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Y’all got sucked past the Ringman radius…

It's a 6,000 year-old black hole.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Unlike you heathens, I KNOW how the pyramids were built.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Page 8 of 37 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

484 members (1badf350, 1shotnokilz, 17CalFan, 1moredeer, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 38 invisible), 2,141 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,541
Posts18,531,314
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.