Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 37 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 36 37
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
Known half-lives of radioactive isotopes are ‘known.’ Atomic fission and atomic fusion are reality, and knowing the half-lives of the radioactive isotopes involved helped make these discoveries and technologies possible. Medical linear accelerators and nuclear medicine are reality, and knowing the half-lives of the radioactive isotopes involved helped make these discoveries and technologies possible.

Carbon-14, potassium-argon, and uranium-lead are all accurate methods of dating objects specific to their particular time frames.

Some folks’ grasp on their religious beliefs is so tenuous and so shaky that they’re afraid the least little puff of knowledge will blow it away. If your belief in God depends upon the universe not being billions of years old, then you’re in deeper trouble than you can imagine, oh Ye of little faith.

Carbon-14 can date things because we can generally know the beginning count. The others are totally guessing. Otherwise the four rocks would give the same approximate date; which they don't. Also, if they were accurate they would be like TRH tries to say. The products are too young to date, instead of dating rocks of tens or hundreds of years as hundreds of thousands or millions of years old. Too many blind assumptions.

For medical use the beginning quantities are irrelevant.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
GB1

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
Is it possible to discuss the fallacy of some arguments and still rely on Jesus' Blood for salvation?
Sure it is. That’s clearly been exactly what’s been occurring with multiple posts here.

I don't look to the first three chapters of Genesis to determine where I stand with God. I don't look to the first three chapters of Genesis to determine whether or not God loves me, whether or not God is with me, whether or not God cares for me.

Do you know where I look…? I look to a single event that took place on a hill outside the walls of Jerusalem. That's where I look, where God sent His son to pay for all of your sin and all of my sin. And that was His way of saying that He’s removed every obstacle between you and Him so that you can have fellowship with Him, and He can love you unconditionally. And He can hear your prayers regardless of your sin. And He can intervene if He chooses to. And He can comfort if that's what He chooses to do.

But you are in a right relationship with God. And you never ever, ever, ever, ever have to wonder if He loves you, if He cares about you, or if He is with you.

When someone can predict His own death and resurrection…and pulls it off…and He tells you that you can put your trust and confidence in Him…PERIOD…you believe Him.

Did you know the Book which covers that starts by saying, "In the beginning God created...". In The New Testament we find, In the beginning was the Word. And the Word was God And all things were created by Him
And the Word became flesh and died on the cross for our sins. Some folks don't know that. In the third chapter of Genesis we discover why we need a Savior.

Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Thegman
Originally Posted by ironbender
No, you’re not.

Read a high school earth science book.

Brain washing! When I was in tenth grade biology class we were told Caucasians are the highest evolved race. This was in a school with about 2,500 kids from all ethnic groups in San Diego, California. I believed it until about twenty-five yeas of age. Now, science has discovered all humans are the same race.

More accurately, perhaps political ideologues who are labeled "scientists" have "discovered" all humans are the same race, but look around, the evidence clearly indicates that is not the case.

You are aware a black person can be a perfect match for a white person needing an organ transplant, correct?

Race has nothing to do with that. A single species may be, and often is, compromised of many races (morphologically differing groups). Arguing this makes us the same race has to do with ideological redefinition, much like the gender example I listed above.

To stretch the example further, a black bear and grizzly bear, for example, can interbreed and produce fertile offspring. I suspect an organ transplant would be possible as well. Most would not argue either of those make them members of the same species, let alone the same race.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Known half-lives of radioactive isotopes are ‘known.’ Atomic fission and atomic fusion are reality, and knowing the half-lives of the radioactive isotopes involved helped make these discoveries and technologies possible. Medical linear accelerators and nuclear medicine are reality, and knowing the half-lives of the radioactive isotopes involved helped make these discoveries and technologies possible.

Carbon-14, potassium-argon, and uranium-lead are all accurate methods of dating objects specific to their particular time frames.

Some folks’ grasp on their religious beliefs is so tenuous and so shaky that they’re afraid the least little puff of knowledge will blow it away. If your belief in God depends upon the universe not being billions of years old, then you’re in deeper trouble than you can imagine, oh Ye of little faith.
Very well said. I agree completely.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Did you know the Book which covers that starts by saying, "In the beginning God created...". In The New Testament we find, In the beginning was the Word. And the Word was God And all things were created by Him.
Indeed. All things were made by him. He made the world, and commanded it to bring forth all living things. Only he had the power and authority to do that, and without him having done that, there would be nothing. That doesn't mean he blinked everything into existence. You're reading that into it when that interpretation isn't required by the words. In fact, the words support my position, since they clearly state that he commanded the waters and the earth to bring forth all the living creatures. How do you interpret that to mean he blinked all the living creatures into existence, like Jeannie from I Dream of Jeannie??

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
No. I am referring to Dr. Steve Austin and others. They used rocks from My. St. Hellens and the Grand Canyon. The most interesting is they broke a rock into four pieces and sent them to four different laboratories. The date is varied by up to more than a billion years. Not very credible.

The Bionic Man is working on this? That is [bleep] cool!!

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RayF
Fascinating how we have people claiming to be scientific and use overly general and subjective adjectives like “Rigorous” to portray their secret religion as true science.

So saya a geocentric flat earther who is lost to fantasy and has no credibility.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For ALL of the aforementioned discoveries and technologies, the known half-lives of the radioactive isotopes involved were and are absolutely relevant.

Nobody’s “guessing” when it comes to ‘any’ of the aforementioned discoveries and technologies that are used every single day to make peoples lives better in this country.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I cannot believe how many people on here have no doubt in their mind what there science teacher in school told them is accurate. We all know who has been running our schools since WW 2. The left. Pure evil. Why would you believe anything they have to say. Every story they manufacture to tell all the school children is number 1, designed to separate you from God. That is the left’s ultimate goal anti God. Every college paper published must fit their criteria. Decade after decade. Wake up. Today the science teacher says there are 40 different genders and men can have babies. So I’m sure you believe that to be true also. Go take a science lesson duh.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Sheister
This whole discussion is fraught with complete and total bias on both sides of the argument. The fact is the bible speaks in generalizations of life, belief in God, and how to live our lives in order to please and praise God. In that, I believe in most of the bible but I also believe the words in the bible were never meant to be taken literally, in essence they believed in teaching by way of parables, which are not factual as much as they are life affirming.

Personally, I believe in what the bible teaches us, but I also believe in the science that we have developed- through God's hand and our development over the many millennia humans have inhabited this earth- even beyond the creatures that were here before us- and the nothingness that existed for many hundreds of thousands of years after the earth's forming. The Big Bang is just another example of our inability to understand huge cosmic events so we pretend we understand and continue to explore meaning by putting forth theories and the proving if they are right or wrong. Why do you think we have continued to explore space in more and more detail over the years? The one question I ask anyone who tries to explain away the beginning of the universe by saying it was the Big Bang is this- "where did the material for the Big Bang come from? No matter how small or large the central core of the Big Bang was at the beginning, it had to come from somewhere."

I believe God was involved in the creation of this universe but He works in ways we may never understand and in a time frame we aren't able to understand. The universe may be 14 billion years old, or much older- we don't have enough understanding to completely judge these things yet. But as a working theory it makes sense according to what evidence we have accumulated at the moment. To discount the speed of light, carbon dating, and scientific theories that try to explain these things out of hand because of your total belief in the bible as a scientific or historical reference is just plain being obtuse and argumentative. Close minded people have held back scientific discovery for most of recorded history. Look what happened to Galileo when he proposed the earth wasn't the center of the universe...
Amen

This is my belief as well.

I think God had a ball creating the earth and then seeing what happened.

Creating Man was the plan but the rest of it was fun to watch.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TnBigBore
Originally Posted by champlain_islander
Originally Posted by champlain_islander
Science makes sense to me and religion doesn't. Earth age 4.5 billion vs 6000 years. So to thumpers... when did the dinosaurs live?

I don't believe the earth is only 6,000 years old. After I watched the video, "Were the pyramids built before the Flood?" I changed my mind. I think it is closer to 7,000 years old. It appears Bishop Usher didn't have the same manuscripts which were translated into Latin about 250 BC.

Some here have mentioned Job. At the end of Job two dinosaurs were described as alive at that time. How do you think people around the world were able to depict them on pottery and at grave sights and on walls? Because they were alive at the time. How do you think scientists are finding lots of soft tissues in dinosaur bones?
so carbon dating old Dino bones that shows them millions of years old is flawed? Come on you can't be serious.

Carbon dating can only be used for things less than about 50,000 years old. And it has to be living once. ALL fossils and fossil fuels can be carbon dated.

Patently false. Almost no fossil are “young” enough to be carbon dated.

Do more research.

Please cite these sources that will enlighten me and I will read them. If I find them credible I will cede the point to you.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
And remember how the Gospel according to John ends:

This is the disciple who is testifying to these things and has written them, and we know that his testimony is true. 25 But there are also many other things that Jesus did; if every one of them were written down, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written.

Just because it’s not in the Bible doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by TwoTall
I cannot believe how many people on here have no doubt in their mind what there science teacher in school told them is accurate. We all know who has been running our schools since WW 2. The left. Pure evil. Why would you believe anything they have to say. Every story they manufacture to tell all the school children is number 1, designed to separate you from God. That is the left’s ultimate goal anti God. Every college paper published must fit their criteria. Decade after decade. Wake up. Today the science teacher says there are 40 different genders and men can have babies. So I’m sure you believe that to be true also. Go take a science lesson duh.

Nice try sport. I got my degree in geology 40+ years ago.

No one was teaching that there were more than two genders or that men could have babies and speaking of that, where in the hell is anybody teaching that men can have babies now?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
The age of Earth? Wayfuckin before the jehovas pests.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Marley7x57
Some of you folks spent a lot of time trying to validate a book of fiction.

You would do well to do a little research. I remember three archeologists: Nelson Gulik, Clifford Wilson, and William Albright being on the same dig in the Middle East (I am old.). Gulik was an atheist, Wilson a born-again Christian, and Albright was antagonistic toward the Bible but not an atheist. One thing they all agreed on was the ancient Jews were careful historian. Perhaps you didn't know that.

Oh yes, careful historians. Absolutely.

And astounding statisticians. As well as advanced in their understanding of many health care issues.

But that does not mean the myths they used to control the peasant population were valid.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Did you know the Book which covers that starts by saying, "In the beginning God created...". In The New Testament we find, In the beginning was the Word. And the Word was God And all things were created by Him.
Indeed. All things were made by him. He made the world, and commanded it to bring forth all living things. Only he had the power and authority to do that, and without him having done that, there would be nothing. That doesn't mean he blinked everything into existence. You're reading that into it when that interpretation isn't required by the words. In fact, the words support my position, since they clearly state that he commanded the waters and the earth to bring forth all the living creatures. How do you interpret that to mean he blinked all the living creatures into existence, like Jeannie from I Dream of Jeannie??

The very text say everything was finished by the seventh day. How do you be believe the words about water but not the words about days?

Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
And remember how the Gospel according to John ends:

This is the disciple who is testifying to these things and has written them, and we know that his testimony is true. 25 But there are also many other things that Jesus did; if every one of them were written down, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written.

Just because it’s not in the Bible doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

P

And just because it's in the Bible doesn't mean it did happen.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
For ALL of the aforementioned discoveries and technologies, the known half-lives of the radioactive isotopes involved were and are absolutely relevant.

Nobody’s “guessing” when it comes to ‘any’ of the aforementioned discoveries and technologies that are used every single day to make peoples lives better in this country.

They are guessing how much was there in order to determine the dates. Dating has nothing to do with how it is used in medicine.

Everyday Hunter
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Bible is BS, theologians are wrong, scientists are right. The smart ones moved past this centuries ago. Even when the scientists are wrong...the Bible is still complete BS.

I have read a lot of threads, comments, statements on here over the last 23 years and this has to be the most foolish of all time.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Light speed of 450 mph in glass, huh? Hows that fiber bandwidth working out?

Carpe' Scrotum
Page 9 of 37 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

341 members (06hunter59, 163bc, 12344mag, 160user, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 36 invisible), 2,067 guests, and 985 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,541
Posts18,531,236
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.