Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 37 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 36 37
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Most likely, the Earth will end in a huge fireball as the sun goes nova and consumes this solar system.
I think they are expecting it to absorb the earth in a red giant rather than a nova.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So what was the foundation of Peter’s faith…? Where did Peter get his hope…? Where did Peter get his boldness…? Where did he get his confidence…? It sure as heck wasn’t from the first three chapters of Genesis…! How is it he’s out walking around in the open…proclaiming Jesus to the very people who had Him killed…whereas before he was afraid and ran for his life…? Again, it sure as heck wasn’t because of the first three chapters of Genesis…!

The foundation of Peter’s faith wasn’t something he’d read or had read to him. The foundation of Peter’s faith was what he’d seen. So for Jesus’ followers nowadays, what should be the foundation of their faith…? What should be the epicenter of their confidence…? It sure as heck isn’t the first three chapters of Genesis…!

Apostle Peter would say “that’s easy…the resurrection”…!

This is how the message of Jesus survived the Jewish Temple and the Roman Empire. And remember that the first persecution of Christians was from the Jewish Temple, it wasn’t from Rome. This is how Christianity survived the first, second, third, and the beginning of the fourth century.

The first-century followers of Jesus embraced what all followers of Jesus nowadays oughta embrace: they embraced the stand-alone version of Christianity. They didn’t need the first three chapters of Genesis to prop up their faith. They didn’t need the creation narrative in Genesis explained to them to prop up their faith. They didn’t need the story of Noah, or the story of Jonah to prop up their faith. They didn’t need the Law of Moses to prop up their faith. Christianity stood on its own two nail-scarred, resurrection, first-century feet. It did then, and it does now.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Most likely, the Earth will end in a huge fireball as the sun goes nova and consumes this solar system.
I think they are expecting it to absorb the earth in a red giant rather than a nova.

Will this affect my Netflix and McDonalds?

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
You haven't read enough material by evolutionists. They discuss other subjects, too.
So do auto mechanics, but that doesn't mean cosmology is part of the study of auto mechanics.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Guess where lead came from? The decay of uranium which has a half life of 4.5 billion years. You won't even consider anything that challenges your belief. Pure confirmation bias at work.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
Guess where lead came from? The decay of uranium which has a half life of 4.5 billion years. You won't even consider anything that challenges your belief. Pure confirmation bias at work.
Precisely.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by RayF
Fascinating how we have people claiming to be scientific and use overly general and subjective adjectives like “Rigorous” to portray their secret religion as true science.

If I recall correctly, you're a Young Earth Creationist?

If so, tell us about the "rigorous" methodology used to come to your conclusion.

I am? Interesting.

I thought I was a creationist that makes counterpoints to atheists that falsely advertise they “Know” that there’s absolutely no way the universe was created by intelligent design.

You may want to re-read my statement about the use of the term “Rigorous” as a scientific description of testing. Perhaps, maybe then, you’ll consider my suggestion of that term being overly rhetorical has just the slightest bit of merit and reconsider asking me to use it.

Then again….maybe you won’t.

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DBT
Fascinating how we have people claiming to be scientific and use overly general and subjective adjectives like “Rigorous” to portray their secret religion as true science.

So saya a geocentric flat earther who is lost to fantasy and has no credibility.

Awwww. Little fella doesn’t like his tone being returned in his direction. Christians are supposed to tolerate your asinine, provocative behavior. Not return it.

Credibility? Is that when you make a slanderous statement, like saying they’re a geocentric flat-earther when they’re not? If so, you’ve got all the credibility, genius.

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Ringman
Again, you are not getting it.
These known half-lives of radioactive isotopes…where the time required for half of the atoms of a particular radioactive substance to decay, where these decay rates are predictable (known)…allows scientists to measure the quantity of the remaining unstable atoms left in a rock (for example) and compare it to the quantity of related stable atoms in the rock, and determine/estimate the amount of time that has passed since that rock was formed.

I get it just fine. But my faith isn’t so weak and frail that it depends upon the universe not being billions of years old.

There is no faith required to realize no one knows how much was there in the beginning. And no one knows what happened during the millions of years while it decays.

I guess you are the one exercising faith in the unseen and unknown.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The very text say everything was finished by the seventh day. How do you believe the words about water but not the words about days?
Could the seventh day be longer than 24 hours…? In Hebrews it says that God is still at rest ~ are we still in the seventh day right now…? If the seventh day is longer than you think it is, then maybe the other 6 days are longer than you think they are…!
Your philosophical escape mechanism is flawed. Even in the Ten Commandments written by the finger of God, God gives the reason for worshiping on the seventh day. God says, "For in six days God created.... therefore you shall work six days."
Is God still at rest (as the writer of Hebrews says) or not…? Is the writer of Hebrews wrong…?

Jesus says the Father IS working now. John 5:17

Everyday Hunter
IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

If you're around lead that came from uranium with a half-life of 4.5 bn years, it ain't lead, yet.

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
So what was the foundation of Peter’s faith…? Where did Peter get his hope…? Where did Peter get his boldness…? Where did he get his confidence…? It sure as heck wasn’t from the first three chapters of Genesis…! How is it he’s out walking around in the open…proclaiming Jesus to the very people who had Him killed…whereas before he was afraid and ran for his life…? Again, it sure as heck wasn’t because of the first three chapters of Genesis…!

The foundation of Peter’s faith wasn’t something he’d read or had read to him. The foundation of Peter’s faith was what he’d seen. So for Jesus’ followers nowadays, what should be the foundation of their faith…? What should be the epicenter of their confidence…? It sure as heck isn’t the first three chapters of Genesis…!

Apostle Peter would say “that’s easy…the resurrection”…!

This is how the message of Jesus survived the Jewish Temple and the Roman Empire. And remember that the first persecution of Christians was from the Jewish Temple, it wasn’t from Rome. This is how Christianity survived the first, second, third, and the beginning of the fourth century.

The first-century followers of Jesus embraced what all followers of Jesus nowadays oughta embrace: they embraced the stand-alone version of Christianity. They didn’t need the first three chapters of Genesis to prop up their faith. They didn’t need the creation narrative in Genesis explained to them to prop up their faith. They didn’t need the story of Noah, or the story of Jonah to prop up their faith. They didn’t need the Law of Moses to prop up their faith. Christianity stood on its own two nail-scarred, resurrection, first-century feet. It did then, and it does now.

That is a lot of words to say what you have said many times. You seem to forget there are many people who come to Jesus because their faith in evolution fell apart. Then they look to the Savior.

You wrote a couple lines about Peter. He teaches those who are serious, "Grow in grace and knowledge...." Which includes more than the cross. It includes Peter ordering the first Gentiles to be baptized in water. He believed Jesus when Jesus says, "He who believes and is baptized will be saved."

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The very text say everything was finished by the seventh day. How do you believe the words about water but not the words about days?
Could the seventh day be longer than 24 hours…? In Hebrews it says that God is still at rest ~ are we still in the seventh day right now…? If the seventh day is longer than you think it is, then maybe the other 6 days are longer than you think they are…!
Your philosophical escape mechanism is flawed. Even in the Ten Commandments written by the finger of God, God gives the reason for worshiping on the seventh day. God says, "For in six days God created.... therefore you shall work six days."
Is God still at rest (as the writer of Hebrews says) or not…? Is the writer of Hebrews wrong…?
Jesus says the Father IS working now. John 5:17
So was the writer of Hebrews wrong…?

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

From where did the mineral which decayed into lead come? Where did the law of decay come from?

Everyday Hunter
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Rather than starting with assumptions and reading deceptive and biased creationist material to reinforce your beliefs, just pick up a textbook on physics and learn.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

So saya a geocentric flat earther who is lost to fantasy and has no credibility.

Awwww. Little fella doesn’t like his tone being returned in his direction. Christians are supposed to tolerate your asinine, provocative behavior. Not return it.

Credibility? Is that when you make a slanderous statement, like saying they’re a geocentric flat-earther when they’re not? If so, you’ve got all the credibility, genius.

Pick up your comics, girlyboy, and lose yourself in fantasy.....no doubt that happened long ago, you are now older, but never matured, tragically trapped in a fantasy world of your own making.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Jahrs
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Bible is BS, theologians are wrong, scientists are right. The smart ones moved past this centuries ago. Even when the scientists are wrong...the Bible is still complete BS.

I have read a lot of threads, comments, statements on here over the last 23 years and this has to be the most foolish of all time.

As I recall, you're another Young Earth Creationist.

I don’t recall ever voicing my opinion one way or another on this subject but I would lean in that direction but I don’t think there is enough information to make a definitive decision.
The 24 hour period is very clear isn’t it?
God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day.”
‭‭
You do have the creationist part down though.

In any event the Gospel is what’s important. The fact that someone paid your debt/ransom so that you wouldn’t have to.

Last edited by Jahrs; 12/02/23. Reason: Change would to wouldn’t

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You seem to forget there are many people who come to Jesus because their faith in evolution fell apart. Then they look to the Savior.
I doubt there are “many” who are led to Jesus “because their faith in evolution fell apart.” I think their number likely pales in comparison to the people who are pushed away from Jesus because of folks who profess to be Christians that come across as being the polar opposite of Jesus.
You wrote a couple lines about Peter. He teaches those who are serious, "Grow in grace and knowledge...." Which includes more than the cross. It includes Peter ordering the first Gentiles to be baptized in water. He believed Jesus when Jesus says, "He who believes and is baptized will be saved."
But NONE of that changes what Peter made clear was the very foundation of his faith and hope…! None of that has anything to do with Peter’s decision to follow Jesus after the resurrection. You can reference whatever you choose to (including your perception of the inadequacy of my reasoning).

I think Peter himself would explain his reasoning ~ and I think he only had one reason. When Jesus was arrested, Peter ran...and when asked if he knew Jesus, he lied. And when the Romans crucified Jesus, he died. And at that time, Peter was like other non-believers...he had no faith. He didn’t know what to believe. He had no reason to believe. He’d just spent 3 years of his life following a false prophet, and now he had a price on his head.

And then Jesus came…there He was...very much alive. I think Peter would tell you…and clarify one thing with you…
his reason for believing wasn’t because of something he’d heard or read or had read to him. And it sure as heck wasn’t because of the first three chapters of Genesis. I think he’d tell you that he believes what he believes because of what he saw...he watched Jesus die, he knew exactly where Jesus was buried, but God raised Him...and Peter saw Him, and he saw Him more than once. That’s the reason...that’s the only reason...for Peter’s hope. He very clearly said so. And that is the reason for my hope as well.

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
So was the writer of Hebrews wrong…?

I do beleive you are trying to be a little tricky by using something out of context. I will post a few Verses for those who might be following. If this is not what you are talking about please post the refernce.

Hebrews 4:4-11

"For He has said somewhere concerning the seventh: 'And God rested on the seventh day from all is works'; and again in this "They shall not enter My rest" Therefore, since it remains for some to enter it, and those who formerly had good news preached to them failed to enter because of disobedience, He again fixes a certain day, 'Today,' saying though David after so long a time just as has been said before, ' Today if you hear His voice do not harden your hearts.' For if Joshua had given them rest, He would not have spoken of another day after that. So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God. For the one who has entered His rest has himself also rested from his works, as God did from His. Therefore, let us be diligent to enter that rest, so that on one will fall, through the same example of disobedience."

I will include the next two verses to help people know they will have to deal with the Word of God, Jesus.

Hebrews 4:12-13

"For the Word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with Whom we have to do."

My intention for this thread was to challenge people to think for themselves and come to Jesus. The Author and Finisher of our faith. What is yours, antlers?

Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Bible is BS, theologians are wrong, scientists are right. The smart ones moved past this centuries ago. Even when the scientists are wrong...the Bible is still complete BS.

I have read a lot of threads, comments, statements on here over the last 23 years and this has to be the most foolish of all time.

As I recall, you're another Young Earth Creationist.

I don’t recall ever voicing my opinion one way or another on this subject but I would lean in that direction but I don’t think there is enough information to make a definitive decision.
The 24 hour period is very clear isn’t it?
God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day.”
‭‭
You do have the creationist part down though.

In any event the Gospel is what’s important. The fact that someone paid your debt/ransom so that you would have to.

Fair enough.

As for the 24 hours, I concur with your interpretation of the meaning of that passage.

Claiming that's not 24 hours is tantamount to claiming magazines are not protected arms under the Second Amendment.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 11 of 37 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

317 members (1lesfox, 163bc, 12344mag, 160user, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 35 invisible), 2,054 guests, and 974 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,541
Posts18,531,208
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.