Print Thread
Hop To
Page 20 of 25 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 24 25
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Even with all of the idiocy that is part of having to determine a NATIONAL CHAMPION, nothing could be more moronic than having two teams who have already played each other in the Final Four.

Wait til next year when it expands to 12 teams

Could have a situation where 2 teams meet in regular season, meet in the conference championship, and then meet in the playoffs

There will still be the same pissing and moaning over who should be #12 that there is over who should be #4 now. It will just make it that much easier for the committee to wave its magic wand over the team(s) that everybody KNOWS belongs in the mix, even though they haven't earned it over the course of the season.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Quak
Enjoy it now guys…between NIL and this crap…I fear it’s downhill from here

I don't have a problem with NIL.

Not crazy about all the conference realignment or the move to a 12 team playoffs.

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
UM, UW, TX, and FSU.

FSU is the last one in. They beat the #14 ranked team in their conf championship game with their freshman 3rd string QB. The 2nd string guy will be back for the playoff. You can't leave out an undefeated P5 conference champion.

Alabama should have beat Texas. They didn't and they lost the ability to control their destiny. And it wasn't a last second FG loss either, they lost by ten at home. They also didn't beat LSU by as many as FSU beat LSU.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by slm9s
UM, UW, TX, and FSU.

FSU is the last one in. They beat the #14 ranked team in their conf championship game with their freshman 3rd string QB. The 2nd string guy will be back for the playoff. You can't leave out an undefeated P5 conference champion.

Alabama should have beat Texas. They didn't and they lost the ability to control their destiny. And it wasn't a last second FG loss either, they lost by ten at home. They also didn't beat LSU by as many as FSU beat LSU.

Yeah probably right

I would switch out FSU for Alabama, but thats just me.

I like to see people's angst when Saban is involved

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Y'all think the committee is leaving the SEC champion out of the playoff?

An SEC champion in a league where 5 teams are in the top 15, and a team that beat 4 ranked SEC opponents,including the #1 national seed.

Ok.

IC B2

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Last year’s championship game is still remembered by many. It was a complete chit show. That game was over by the 2nd quarter. If FSU makes it at #3 Washington is going to destroy them. If Texas makes it in over bama. Michigan and Texas would be a good game. But I’m going UM, UW, bama, Georgia.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by DugE
IDK what a committee will do. But Alabama is definitely a top 4 team. GA prob is. But they lost today.

Texas deserves credit for beating AL in Tuscaloosa. I personally think that should matter. And TX looked great against a pedestrian OK St team today.

I'm thinking 1) MI 2) WA 3) TX 4) AL

FSU may indeed beat Louisville and win the ACC. They're not as good as the above listed top 4.

As King James would say, ROLLETH!!!

FSU beat LSU like a Drum and LSU was at full strength not like when Bama played them and they had a depleted secondary. Compare the scores. ACC has more bowl teams than any other conference and won most of the games against the SEC. DOn't be a SEC/ESPN/DIsney Parrot.

Michigan and OHIO State should never have been in the top 4 . Texas played a crap schedule before Alabama got their QB situation.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Roll Tide

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Great Season for Bama; in or out of the CFP.
For those ready to write off Catch Saban he is now 11-1 in SEC Championships, 5-1 vs Kirby and 13 consecutive 11+ win seasons.
Roll Tide!

Last edited by Cruiser1; 12/03/23.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
IDK what a committee will do. But Alabama is definitely a top 4 team. GA prob is. But they lost today.

Texas deserves credit for beating AL in Tuscaloosa. I personally think that should matter. And TX looked great against a pedestrian OK St team today.

FSU may indeed beat Louisville and win the ACC. They're not as good as the above listed top 4.

FSU beat LSU like a Drum and LSU was at full strength not like when Bama played them and they had a depleted secondary. Compare the scores. ACC has more bowl teams than any other conference and won most of the games against the SEC. DOn't be a SEC/ESPN/DIsney Parrot.

Michigan and OHIO State should never have been in the top 4 . Texas played a crap schedule before Alabama got their QB situation.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
ROLL TIDE!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
So we've officially reached the point where a season's body of work is meaningless. Now we have a possible rematch for the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP between two teams who have already played - what bullchit. So, since an injury is the penultimate measure, I go back to what I have asked previously: if one of the four suffers a significant injury in practice leading up the play-off, do we replace them with #6 Georgia (since Florida State has already forfeited their spot by having an injury)?

Last edited by 5sdad; 12/03/23.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Has to do with 4 BEST not 4 MOST DESERVING

- Darth Vader
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Meyer called it when he said if Bama gets in Texas has to as well. Guess he was correct. I was flat wrong; didn’t think they would put Texas above Georgia.

And I still think Georgia would flatten Texas.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

Michigan should not be there, I repeat they played NO ONE.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
According to Oldkhunt all the teams suck except for FSU

- Darth Vader
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

So why is Michigan in it?

This is a Mockery. How do you have to teams with losses that played each other in the season included?

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

This is a Mockery. How do you have to teams with losses that played each other in the season included?

So who are your 4?

- Darth Vader
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

Michigan should not be there, I repeat they played NO ONE.

Well, the idiots on the committee disagree.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

So who are your 4?

The south

The south

The south

The south

Page 20 of 25 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 60 invisible), 18,750 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,972
Posts18,539,905
Members74,052
Most Online20,796
Yesterday at 04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.