Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
SupFoo Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Elon Musk on National TV - "Go F.u.c.k Yourselves” to all advertisers threatening to leave X

Which is why it is time to boycott the boycotters: below we have summarized the names of those companies which have publicly signaled their "virtue" by pulling their ads from X/Musk.

Disney
CNBC/NBC parent Comcast
Warner Brothers
Discovery
Apple
Sony
Lions Gate
Paramount
IBM
Paris Hilton

Zero Hedge - More Here

Not every day a media company tells it's advertisers to drop dead on National TV. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. My guess: neither cries uncle, and Twitter limps along. I doubt consumers will organize much of a boycott.

Last edited by SupFoo; 11/30/23.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Yep, thank God for that guy. He's not perfect, but a far better man that the vast majority who are in powerful positions.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Superfool,

Is this the same thing that was posted 2 days ago?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...cs/18968532/gotta-love-musk#Post18968532

Thanks for the breaking news….

🍻🍻🍺

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B2

SupFoo Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Yep, thank God for that guy. He's not perfect, but a far better man that the vast majority who are in powerful positions.

There is one other possibility to Elon's strategy.

Elon said "What those advertisers boycotts will do is kill the company. And we will tell the world what they did. It's all documented in great detail." Seemingly nonplussed about the whole matter.

What is "documented in great detail?"

Let's circle back to earlier days when shortly after Trump launched Truth Social, Elon made the (successful) bid for Twitter. Trump publicly proclaimed Elon was nuts and would regret it. There was plenty of documented evidence that Twitter was in bed with the Feds and was economically unsustainable without running on Fed servers for free, all in an effort to control public discourse.

Elon (seemingly) cleaned-out the Feds involvement. Now the advertisers boycott, and Twitter is on the verge of BK. Meanwhile, Trump's Truth Social is ramped-up and going public. Is the timing all coincidental?

At the time I suggested Trump and Elon were acting in concert, Trump laying down smoke for cover. Of course this was met with CF howls of protests and accusations of "that's Q chit" etc., etc. The missing piece at that time was the advertisers were also in on the Fed's scheme to keep Twitter propped-up.

So picture this: This was a planned (partial) take-down of The Swamp. Elon files massive lawsuits against the Feds (Twitter Files) AND the advertisers ("It's all documented in great detail").

The alternative explanation is Elon made an incredibly bad investment and intends to simply let it fold, walk away and shrug. I don't think that is the case.

Ya, someone could buy Twitter (don't know who or why) but Elon would still lose half the $44 Billion invested (his number, not mine).

Tucker Carlson Warns 2024 Will Be 'Like Nothing We've Ever Seen'.

SupFoo Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Walmart Joins List of Companies that Withdraws Advertising from Twitter – Looming Collapse of Platform Evident

I believe the demise of Twitter was essentially determined long ago. Musk stepped into a scenario that was tenuous at best, and the government control of the platform was always the fulcrum issue. Musk’s prior intent with the platform may be up for debate; however, against his recent remarks, I would argue Musk is presenting the potential collapse of the platform as a martyr scenario.

Musk said recently the platform may collapse without advertisers, but he will not acquiesce to corporate blackmail. Sounds great, but keep in mind that Musk has known about the fulfillment of the DOJ search warrant for user data since January of this year; we only recently discovered it.

Sundance - More Here

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SupFoo
Walmart Joins List of Companies that Withdraws Advertising from Twitter – Looming Collapse of Platform Evident

I believe the demise of Twitter was essentially determined long ago. Musk stepped into a scenario that was tenuous at best, and the government control of the platform was always the fulcrum issue. Musk’s prior intent with the platform may be up for debate; however, against his recent remarks, I would argue Musk is presenting the potential collapse of the platform as a martyr scenario.

Musk said recently the platform may collapse without advertisers, but he will not acquiesce to corporate blackmail. Sounds great, but keep in mind that Musk has known about the fulfillment of the DOJ search warrant for user data since January of this year; we only recently discovered it.

Sundance - More Here

LOL - crack smoking liberals

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Hi Bob"

Eff inng Legend!

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That’s it by God

I am going to call the walmarts today and let em kn9w that I will not be buying any more doe in heat and $38 brahma work boots. and $6.87 antifreeze

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
. So picture this: This was a planned (partial) take-down of The Swamp. Elon files massive lawsuits against the Feds (Twitter Files) AND the advertisers ("It's all documented in great detail").

Knowing that the Courts are also on The Swamp’s payroll, this is a lousy Plan.

Akin to relying on the courts to remedy the massive election fraud in America.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by steve4102
Knowing that the Courts are also on The Swamp’s payroll, this is a lousy Plan.

What would you do, if you were to do something?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Elon Musk on National TV - "Go F.u.c.k Yourselves” to all advertisers threatening to leave X

Which is why it is time to boycott the boycotters: below we have summarized the names of those companies which have publicly signaled their "virtue" by pulling their ads from X/Musk.

Disney
CNBC/NBC parent Comcast
Warner Brothers
Discovery
Apple
Sony
Lions Gate
Paramount
IBM
Paris Hilton

Zero Hedge - More Here

Not every day a media company tells it's advertisers to drop dead on National TV. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. My guess: neither cries uncle, and Twitter limps along. I doubt consumers will organize much of a boycott.

Paris Hilton? How can we survive without know what she's wearing today, where she's been, who she's been seen with, or how many men she's bedded this week?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Now the advertisers boycott, and Twitter is on the verge of BK.

BK?

I think Twitter is being turned into a competitor of PayPal / Venmo / Zelle / Cashapp so they are less dependent on advertising. They are getting close to being licensed as a payment processor in all 50 states.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I agree that the social media companies had become another arm of the federal censorship bureaucracy. kudos for Elon.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stickfight

BK?

I think Twitter is being turned into a competitor of PayPal / Venmo / Zelle / Cashapp so they are less dependent on advertising. They are getting close to being licensed as a payment processor in all 50 states.

"X" it's name is "X"

GOA
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I have made it all my life without needing any from the twits.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wish I had his money, telling anyone you want to F'Off, must be extremely satisfying!

KB

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
Originally Posted by Stickfight

BK?

"X" it's name is "X"

Yet the website is still... Twitter.com

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

241 members (16penny, 204guy, 1_deuce, 280Ackleyrized, 260Remguy, 12344mag, 32 invisible), 2,315 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,621
Posts18,474,017
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.