Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A few weeks ago I was thinking about this concept. Here are the first few lines of a six page essay. If anyone wants the whole essay, let me know.

Salvation Without Works?
November 14, 2023

New American Standard 1995

Normally I use Bible Verses in the order one finds them in their Bible. This essay does not
allow that and still convey what it needs to. We find in Acts 26:19-20 Apostle Paul is talking to
the king. He says,
“‘So, King Agrippa, I did not prove disobedient to the heavenly vision, but declared
Both to those of Damascus first, and at Jerusalem and throughout all the region of
Judea, and to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, performing
deeds Appropriate to repentance.’”
Why would Christians not perform deeds appropriate to repentance? Well because they are
taught by arrogant or misguided pastors and Sunday school teachers who were taught by devious
professors and teachers. Performing deeds appropriate to repentance requires acts of
righteousness found in Scripture. Some individual will say, “You don’t see the forest for the
trees.” They forget without the trees there is no forest. They don’t realize the forest of the Bible
consists of the chapters and verses. But to answer the question asked above, the answer is in the
next Scripture. Hebrews 3:18-19 give us the answer. It reads: “And to whom did He swear that
they would not enter His rest, but to those who were disobedient? We see that they were not
able to enter because of unbelief!
No matter what excuse they use, the answer is simple. They don’t believe. God equates
disobedience with unbelief.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Thinking that you can save yourself through "works" is the same as saying that Christ was crucified for nothing.

Nobody can save themselves. Either you have God's grace or you don't. If you don't, you need to figure out what you need to do to acquire it.

Human's are hopelessly flawed. You can't change that. You can work to make yourself *less* flawed, of course. But you're still going to come up way short.

I'm as flawed as the next guy,....more than many, undoubtedly.

Just owning a Harley alone puts me in the flawed category. But I haven't ridden it to church yet.

I probably should,...just for the full disclosure element involved in doing so. Most of the people at my LCMS Lutheran Church don't realize the extent that I'm flawed.

A wheelie leaving the parking lot should clue them in.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dude

Get your own forum

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I saw a dog on tv

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
I saw a dog on tv
Did have a bandana on its neck ? Those are cool on dogs 🤙🤙

IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Of course, if you buy into that Calvinist stuff, you're going to have to decide if you're a member of the elect or not. According to the Calvinists, you can perform "works" until you're blue in the face,....but if you're not a predetermined member of the elect, You're just pissin' in the wind.

I'm one of those "knock and the door shall be opened" kind of people. Not one of those, "You weren't born to be a member, so go away" kind of people.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
I saw a dog on tv
Did have a bandana on its neck ? Those are cool on dogs 🤙🤙

Not only a bandana, was catching a frisbee

Made my day

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I need to spend some time searching some of Ringman and Happy Crapper ass licking and scissoring each other posts and getting it linked and synched up.

Fugking false teacher scumballs

Cut and paste bullshît artists, battle of the clip and paste Bible verses competition.

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Be careful.

Ringman is apparently God's chosen one.

I am MAGA.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Be careful.

This fits into my belief that the Lord and I are good........it's his followers I have issues with (and I'm sure they feel the same about me).

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Be careful.

Chosen?

Oy vey!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Works are “not” necessary! According to my King James version…..a thief dying on the cross beside Jesus went to Heaven! All of his prior works were bad works….. asking forgiveness was all that was needed! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by memtb
Works are “not” necessary! According to my King James version…..a thief dying on the cross beside Jesus went to Heaven! All of his prior works were bad works….. asking forgiveness was all that was needed! memtb

He didn't have a lot of choice in the matter did he? He asked forgiveness and died where he hung not much later.

If we live on this earth and are saved there is supposed to be a transformation, as proof of such.

James 2:14-26 in King James version or any other version you care to read it in, clearly states that faith without works is dead.

Verse 19 tells us that even demons believe in God.

Verse 21 states that Abraham was justified by works. 22 states that his faith and works went together and his works completed his faith.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I am amazed at the lack of reading comprehension displayed here. The works follow salvation from such great gratitude for God's grace bestowed on us.

The thief on the cross followed Romans 10:9-10.
"If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness and with the mouth he confesses resulting in salvation."

Notice belief results in righteousness. Confession (works) results in salvation.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You guys know Ringman has half of you on ignore.

But he peeks.

Carpe' Scrotum
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Steve
You guys know Ringman has half of you on ignore.

But he peeks.

I'm not on here enough to know all the who, what, when, where, and past history of everybody, but personally was just responding based on what the Bible clearly states about faith and works together.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kinda funny y'all using small parts to prove the whole. Some day you just might get asked by the Big Guy if you had the whole Bible to read and why you didn't take it all in.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Kinda funny y'all using small parts to prove the whole. Some day you just might get asked by the Big Guy if you had the whole Bible to read and why you didn't take it all in.

Isn't gonna be any mulligans or do overs. Once that book is closed, it's closed. No yeah buts, nobody to stand in our place. Just us alone to give account. Better make sure we are doing our best to understand the whole, because it is there for us to do so.

"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:"

That's all of us, believer and non believer alike. We think we are big, we will all fully understand just who is charge someday.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

119 members (69sportfury, 17CalFan, Akhutr, 450yukon, 375sunrise, 907brass, 12 invisible), 1,562 guests, and 1,033 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,526
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.