Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rabst
Originally Posted by TimZ
I don’t think Texas beating Bama 3 months ago in the first game should carry nearly as much weight as Bama beating Georgia last night.

Although Texas looked strong yesterday, don’t think they are as good as Bama NOW….

Just last week, Bama barely survived (4th down at the 31?) against a mediocre Auburn team.

Previously, they lost by double digits, at home, against TX, whose only loss came in the last 15 seconds against Oklahoma.

Bama, who has not been their usual dominant self this year, was ranked #8 going into the SEC Championship game, which they won by 3 points.

Does that mean they deserve to move up 4 whole spots, passing two teams that also won their respective conference championships?

Not in a fair system.

Valid points, especially the Auburn game, but if I had to pick either Bama or Texas at this point, it would take Bama.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Committee got it right

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
ROLL TIDE!!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
This selection is a joke. Alabama lost to Texas. Why play the game if an unbeaten power 5 can't make the final 4 who won their championship.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
Committee got it right

Sure they did sweetie. Michigan and Washington should not be sniffing this.

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Western Governors University already won.

No football team and annual tuition and fee's of only $7500 per year.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I'm popping corn!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Committee got it right

Sure they did sweetie. Michigan and Washington should not be sniffing this.

OK, Pops, who do you think should be in?

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I don’t think Texas beating Bama 3 months ago in the first game should carry nearly as much weight as Bama beating Georgia last night.

Although Texas looked strong yesterday, don’t think they are as good as Bama NOW….

Just last week, Bama barely survived (4th down at the 31?) against a mediocre Auburn team.

Previously, they lost by double digits, at home, against TX, whose only loss came in the last 15 seconds against Oklahoma.

Bama, who has not been their usual dominant self this year, was ranked #8 going into the SEC Championship game, which they won by 3 points.

Does that mean they deserve to move up 4 whole spots, passing two teams that also won their respective conference championships?

Not in a fair system.

What it means is that the pundits don't know their a sses from a hole in the ground! Stats don't mean a damn thing!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Sharpsman

Not in a fair system.

What it means is that the pundits don't know their a sses from a hole in the ground! Stats don't mean a damn thing!!

We had a computer/stats system, it was called BCS. We did away with that because it was numbers only and reliably picked not the best teams.

So now we have a committee, it's not perfect and this year proves it. I know Georgia is fired up to play FSU.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by SlickLizard
Old Elk Hunter.
CryBaby Tide my ass. Come play us.

Another dimwit that doesn't know football. Be careful what you wish for. I am not sure the game was not fixed against Auburn.

Jag approves this post.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

Not in a fair system.

We had a computer/stats system, it was called BCS. We did away with that because it was numbers only and reliably picked not the best teams.

So now we have a committee, it's not perfect and this year proves it. I know Georgia is fired up to play FSU.

There will be some repercussions from this really bad decision.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Not in a fair system.

Yeah the repercussions will be FSU and their dumb fans get to watch the playoffs from their safe space

- Darth Vader
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
lol

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Calling FSU a top 4 team at thus point, even if they had their QB, is pure fantasy.

And thus year has no relationship to what has happened in the past.

But sentiment sometimes makes people a bit irrational.

MM

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
FSU is absolutely a top 4 team and has been all year long IMO and according to the people that rank teams. Their Defense is elite. This committee decision is akin to having a group pick the final 4 in college basketball because "we think they are the best teams"

Honestly I think the problem they were faced with was not having an SEC team in the final 4. Alabama damn near lost to Auburn and that win was bizarre.

Imagine Saban telling his team all year long, win and we're in and the players respond and do just that....and then when you go undefeated and win a power 5 championship a committee tells you that you didn't really earn it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This old man is cracking me up. lol

Michigan favored by 2

Go blue!!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Not in a fair system.

Yeah the repercussions will be FSU and their dumb fans get to watch the playoffs from their safe space

Beretta_Shitter last year the CFB committee allowed TCU to come in do you remember how many points the scored on your team. That same team was obliterated by Georgia. That entire Michigan team comes back a year later and is ranked in the top 2 or 3 , a team who plays no one.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Calling FSU a top 4 team at thus point, even if they had their QB, is pure fantasy.

And thus year has no relationship to what has happened in the past.

But sentiment sometimes makes people a bit irrational.

MM

Funny how the CFB committee had them ranked that way until their starting QB broke his ankle and as recently as last week.

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 66 invisible), 2,446 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,445
Posts18,489,603
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.