Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Chivas Regal with an ice cube. About as smooth and light as whiskey gets.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Try some Redneck Riviera made by John Rich of Big and Rich fame. Corny name, but I really like it. Smooth sipping whisky no mix, just ice! It's also not very expensive yet.

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
His tastes seem all over the map, but if you like Jack, I guess you'll gulp anything.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
C
CBB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
For what the op is asking …

My vote is same as 160user
Crown Peach…
I also like regular crown
My boy like the crown apple.

I can dig some makers mark also

If you really want to get wild
Screwball peanut butter whiskey..

Good luck

Last edited by CBB; 12/03/23.

Hunt...
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
If you like a sweet whiskey try some Irish whiskey.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Do yourself a favor. Everyone's taste buds are different what I like you may not. Go to the ABC store or whatever it is in your area and get half a dozen airline bottles of different ones. You can spend a pile of cash buying liquor to find what you like. Some good distilleries mentioned above. My personal favorites would be Makers Mark , Bookers , Buffalo trace , Gentlemen Jack or if you have deep pockets anything from Pappy van Winkle .

P
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Fellas, just so I am clear here. Thankfully many of you are giving me your thoughts but I just want to be clear on something. Are you guys recommending what YOU LIKE, or the brands that you think that I WILL LIKE according to my taste of, "not too strong or smokey with a bit of a honey/sweet taste?"

It's all good though, as I am enjoying hearing your thoughts

B
Bry Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Crown Royal Maple.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Panthera
Fellas, just so I am clear here. Thankfully many of you are giving me your thoughts but I just want to be clear on something. Are you guys recommending what YOU LIKE, or the brands that you think that I WILL LIKE according to my taste of, "not too strong or smokey with a bit of a honey/sweet taste?"

It's all good though, as I am enjoying hearing your thoughts

I don’t think you’ll find anyone who is a Bourbon/whisky drinker that will recommend one with those characteristics. It’s kinda like asking a wine connoisseur which white Zinfandel he’d recommend.

I’ve found that when you are a bourbon newbie, your palate will mature when you try different offerings.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve had quite a few, from inexpensive to pricey, and feel that Knob Creek 9 Year is tough to beat for the money

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B3

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Do yourself a favor - The Macallan and be done with the JV team.

Overpriced and overhyped. There are better options like Oban, Glendronach, Glenmorangie, Aberlour, and Clynelish for example.

OP- JW Gold is one of the few blended scotches that I like. It has a lot of Clynelish in it so you might want to try Clynelish 14. I made that leap and never looked back.

Last edited by EIB0879; 12/03/23.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
I can offer you a Welcome to the Fire…….beyond that nada! Don’t do the stuff! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Half the fun is the hunt for what you like but if you're in a hurry I second Troutnut's advice.

My personal favorites at the moment are Blade & Bow, and Knob Creek Smoked Maple.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Skip over all that whiskey snob crap and get a bottle of Yukon Jack..... hahahhaaha

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The ones I mentioned were aimed at you. None were overly sweet or honey, but all are blends on the mild side.

Do try to find airline/mini bottles. Two ounces or so for about four bucks each. Failing that, look for half-pint bottles the size of hip flasks. You don't need to drop $50 for something you end up not liking.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Woodford Reserve

Originally Posted by renegade50
I'm an Oracle ...
You are a bug....

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
My daily drinkers are Glenmorangie Quinta Ruben 14, Glenlivet 12, Uncle Nearest 1884, Four Roses Small Batch Select, and Bushmill's Black.

My favorite of all is Red Breast 12 Cask strength but I can't afford to drink that on a daily basis.

Last edited by EIB0879; 12/03/23.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Whiskies fall into classes--Scotch, bourbon, rye, Irish, Canadian, blends, etc.--with similar flavor profiles. Most of what you've mentioned are Scotches, while those that have been recommended to you fall into all of the other classes. Start drawing some distinctions between classes and you'll be miles ahead.

Also, lots of people have recommended blended whiskies. These are often milder in flavor, less (often much less) expensive, and pretty darned good to drink. You can learn a lot talking to the people who work at https://www.totalwine.com/ or its equivalent. Sometimes it's hard to shut them up.

Okie John

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by SocialFinger
Woodford Reserve
I
That's a good one too. I want to try the double oaked.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Larceny

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1234, 10gaugeman, 17Fan, 65 invisible), 2,318 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,325
Posts18,487,480
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.