Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
All the rancher types around here bought SxSs a few years ago for running and checking cows and fence during the warm months when they aren’t feeding. Doesn’t matter what brand they’re all worn out in a year or two. Honda/Yamaha last a little better, Polaris sucks major ass like usual but none of them last 10-20k miles. My uncle wore out a JD Gator in 24 months driving it every day to do chores.

His replacement is a Mahindra Roxor. He got the halfcab pickup setup and so far, 1 year, it’s been awesome. Plus it’s actually road legal with signals and whatnot. SxSs can be tagged here and driven on the road some but it’s sort of a gray zone.

Another buddy had a Jap mini. He liked it fine for knocking around the ranch and running up and down the dirt roads between pastures until it broke down. Parts are hard to source and like Flave says, average Joe mechanic shop ain’t working on it. My cousin did manage to load a whole 5x5 bull elk into it way back up in the rocks and then drive it out of the ranch and 7 miles down the county road to hang it in his barn, was quite a sight!

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
interesting Samurai if seller isn't lying
Samurai for sale

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
O
Appreciate the link. "As the crow flies" Mt. Orab is only about 25 miles form here. I have looked at Samurai's... The ones that have not been totally chopped / welded up to be rock crawlers always seem to be a project. One JD Gator coming up for sale next week at auction. It will probably be out of my price range. Next in line at the moment is a new base model Massimo 450 at Tractor Supply for about $8K.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
A Suzuki that I knew of in Texas at a “ranch” required some lead additive for the motor to run right.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Appreciate the link. "As the crow flies" Mt. Orab is only about 25 miles form here. I have looked at Samurai's... The ones that have not been totally chopped / welded up to be rock crawlers always seem to be a project. One JD Gator coming up for sale next week at auction. It will probably be out of my price range. Next in line at the moment is a new base model Massimo 450 at Tractor Supply for about $8K.

II think Mt Orab is about to see some noticeable growth, especially after that Purina plant goes online. I've considered moving out there.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Not a mini-truck, but it's legit. grin

Dude in Enterprise works for the local cable company, drives this as his service rig.

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by richj
This is about a block from the house. Suzuki Jimny. NRA sticker in the window.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

LOVE the Sami platform; had a modified '87. Fun but I'll keep my SxS.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
A Samurai isn't a sports car, and doesn't have much power, but it does have a heater. Once you install a 6.5 - 1 transfer case gears, lockers front and rear it's a very capable off-road vehicle that you can drive on the road. I own a assortment of off-road 4x4 vehicles and my Samurai's are as good as it gets.

This, exactly. The TC gears are the key. Also, mine had 4.2 - 1 TC gears, which I like. 6.5s are too much of a good thing. 4.2 plenty low, and better for the highway. Mine had plenty of hwy power. Ran 30 inch mudders. I should add mine had a 1600 cc engine swap. The Tracker's available 1600 fuel injected engine is a better way to go, IMO.
However, I like those mini-trucks!

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

165 members (264mag, 280Ackleyrized, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 2ndwind, 22 invisible), 2,018 guests, and 941 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,536
Posts18,531,053
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.