-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
FSU deserved to be in the field of four, but are not one of the best four teams in the country with their third string quarterback playing. I hate it for the rest of the team though. Twelve team playoff will sort a lot of this out. I doubt many eleven or twelve seeds will make the championship game. The thirteenth seed being left out won’t have as good an argument as the fifth seed being left out in current system.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by TnBigBore
FSU deserved to be in the field of four, but are not one of the best four teams in the country with their third string quarterback playing. I hate it for the rest of the team though. Twelve team playoff will sort a lot of this out. I doubt many eleven or twelve seeds will make the championship game. The thirteenth seed being left out won’t have as good an argument as the fifth seed being left out in current system.

Agreed!

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Calling FSU a top 4 team at thus point, even if they had their QB, is pure fantasy.

And thus year has no relationship to what has happened in the past.

But sentiment sometimes makes people a bit irrational.

MM

Well they sure liked TCU last year, how bad did UGA beat them again? Dont know how you gave TCU love last year but not FSU this year.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by killerv
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Calling FSU a top 4 team at thus point, even if they had their QB, is pure fantasy.

And thus year has no relationship to what has happened in the past.

But sentiment sometimes makes people a bit irrational.

MM

Well they sure liked TCU last year, how bad did UGA beat them again? Dont know how you gave TCU love last year but not FSU this year.

They learned their lesson last year.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Let me just say this: BET!

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have no dog in this fight, but why is Michigan being allowed to play in the playoff after cheating for half the season? Shouldn't those wins be considered tainted? To me, FSU and Washington are in the same position. I don't understand how one is a "given", but not the other. The PAC 12 isn't what I would call a very difficult conference this year, just like the ACC this year.

Last edited by Torque; 12/04/23.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Torque
I have no dog in this fight, but why is Michigan being allowed to play in the playoff after cheating for half the season? Shouldn't those wins be considered tainted? To me, FSU and Washington are in the same position. I don't understand how one is a "given", but not the other. The PAC 12 isn't what I would call a very difficult conference this year, just like the ACC this year.

NCAA is still allegedly investigating, but doubt anything happens till off season.

They "could" strip Michigan's playoff eligibility and bump FSU in. But that will never happen.

Bama beats Michigan, or Michigan somehow wins and get slaughtered in the final game. Next year they are looking at a 3-4 loss regular season.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No dawg in this at all, but not having Georgia in the top four is just wrong. Guess the committee didn’t want a 3-peat.

Black Cows Matter!
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Late season losses hurt you far worse than early ones.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Well, next year the top 12 teams are in the playoffs. This would make it more fair. Many teams have one loss early, but improve toward the end of the year. The top 4 will have a bye the first week of playoffs. Teams 5-12 will play each other, the 4 winners will play the top 4, then the 4 winners will play for the top two, then the national championship.

This reminds me of the snub Auburn got in the 1980's when they leap frogged Auburn and awarded the national championship to the Nebraska-Miami winner.

Auburn was also undefeated in 2004, and Southern Cal got the national championship which was later taken away because of recruiting violations and their Heisman Trophy winner running back did something illegal. They left it blank, but Auburn was no. 2 and they didn't Award it to them.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The top eight teams are all that’s necessary to determine a national champ.

Black Cows Matter!
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by muleshoe
No dawg in this at all, but not having Georgia in the top four is just wrong. Guess the committee didn’t want a 3-peat.
I have to agree

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
Alabama barely beat Arkansas in Tuscaloosa. Arkansas went 4 and 8. Bama had to have a miracle to beat Auburn 6 and 6. They lost to Texas. Florida State went 13-0. Played and beat 2 SEC teams in non conference schedule. Won their Power 5 conference championship They earned the 3rd spot. Yes their 3rd team Qb didn't look good but their 2nd team QB was out for concussion protocol he is available for next month. They were wronged. I am not a seminole fan. But they earned the.right to play for the.championship this year.

Well stated^^^^
Take a look at Bama's non-conf schedule, there was one decent team[bama lost that game].
FSU did what they had to do the last couple of games to win them.
That's all that they could do.

I believe that the ACC implosion will begin soon.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mike Leach had the best rant about the utter foolishness of using a "committee" and what a complete farce it is calling four teams a playoff. He's right - not a single other team sport in the world looks at FBS football and thinks - "that's the way we should determine our champion"

You all are arguing about the teams selected, but I'm saying the process has been broken forever. By it's own definition, it's going to exclude a power five champion every single year. There isn't another team sport in existence where an undefeated team doesn't at least have a chance to win or lose it all, It's utterly moronic. Mind you I'm not saying that 12-0 Liberty would win against a single team in the top 10, but the process is broken when you can go undefeated and just have to sit and watch other teams play. Why even bother pretending it's the same league - it's an indefensible system.

First it was polls, the the B(c)S, and now a fraud of a playoff. I guess the "committee" will want a pat on the back that they are expanding to twelve teams when a meaningful playoff should have happened decades ago.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Outstanding Buzz......nice find, and so true.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Old Elk Hunter,
How was the Auburn game fixed? If you knew that rivalry you'd know neither would agree to a fix. You kinda remind me of Bisher; if you know who that is, you might know enough to comment on Alabama football. I doubt that you do.

Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning will take care of itself.
Coach Bryant.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Daverageguy

But we were told this year the committees mission is to put in the best 4 teams! So IF that is true, why isn't GA in?

Do you honestly think they're not in the top 4 best teams?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by slm9s
Originally Posted by Daverageguy

But we were told this year the committees mission is to put in the best 4 teams! So IF that is true, why isn't GA in?

Do you honestly think they're not in the top 4 best teams?

This is exactly where I land also.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by SlickLizard
Old Elk Hunter,
How was the Auburn game fixed? If you knew that rivalry you'd know neither would agree to a fix. You kinda remind me of Bisher; if you know who that is, you might know enough to comment on Alabama football. I doubt that you do.

Of course he’s never read Furman…

Furman didn’t write the story (Frank Graham did) but he got a lot of attention. It was a long running legal battle that didn’t end well for anybody in the long run (especially the Post and Wally), all started by an insurance guy that supposedly got put on a telephone call by accident.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Buzz
Mike Leach had the best rant about the utter foolishness of using a "committee" and what a complete farce it is calling four teams a playoff. He's right - not a single other team sport in the world looks at FBS football and thinks - "that's the way we should determine our champion"

You all are arguing about the teams selected, but I'm saying the process has been broken forever. By it's own definition, it's going to exclude a power five champion every single year. There isn't another team sport in existence where an undefeated team doesn't at least have a chance to win or lose it all, It's utterly moronic. Mind you I'm not saying that 12-0 Liberty would win against a single team in the top 10, but the process is broken when you can go undefeated and just have to sit and watch other teams play. Why even bother pretending it's the same league - it's an indefensible system.

First it was polls, the the B(c)S, and now a fraud of a playoff. I guess the "committee" will want a pat on the back that they are expanding to twelve teams when a meaningful playoff should have happened decades ago.

And the whole business would be fixed if we just got over this notion that we have to have a NATIONAL CHAMPION. Just play the season, create some fun match-ups in the bowls (forget conference tie-ins), and screw ESPN. (Yes, I know that every other "sport" from "my dick is bigger than everyone else's" to women's group bathroom visits has a CHANPION - to hell with that, FB(stands for Bowl)S is fine without it.)

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

206 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 2UP, 160user, 338rcm, 300Sav, 26 invisible), 1,676 guests, and 939 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,979
Posts18,499,584
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.