Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
As long as a committee decides who the best teams for the CFP are, it will be subjective. Just being a conference champion or undefeated doesn’t necessarily mean it is one the best four, eight, or twelve! Personally, I think the CFP committee didn’t want to hear that mindless, single syllable, tomahawk chop rant for three hours. The average Criminole IQ is slightly above room temperature.
Roll Tide…

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just treat the Orange Bowl as the third playoff Bowl and let UGA and FSU fight with the rest. It's early and can be done to be considered more fair to some.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Not to be picky, but you messed up in the title: it's the ESPN Invitational Tournament.

That's it in a nutshell. How can one network own the rights to 2 Conferences in today's world? How can one network bad mouth one conference to boost up the other it controls? The ACC beat the SEC in the majority of games this year and in the past. You would never hear it from the DICK with Ears Paul Finebaum or the other ESPN talking heads.

Does "Conflict of Interest", "Monopoly" or corruption come to mind?

"DICK with ears ..." Snort!

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Michigan should not have been ranked where they was in my opinion. Look at the schedule compared to others!

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I'm just glad we've moved beyond the controversy of having the sports writers vote on the champ.

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
On Matt Barries show the morning after the Sec cg Paul mentioned the Acc vs Sec record If fsus QB is healthy and they thump Louisville by 21 they get in over us....maybe.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
GA goes undefeated during the regular season, is ranked #1 all year and loses their conference championship by 3...leading me to believe that conference championships mean something...and that matches with the committee position a few years back when an undefeated team then didn't play a conference championship.

FSU goes undefeated during the regular season, is ranked #4 all year and WINS their conference championship. The above actions lead me to believe the championship WIN means something...only to find out the next day that neither the regular season or the conference championship meant anything related to FSU.

AL lost a game during the regular season, was not ranked in the top #4 throughout the year then wins their championship game...wait, did the conference championship suddenly mean something again?

It doesn't bother me that FSU had to play backup QB's because their starter was hurt. The backup QB's didn't do anything to lose the games they played...they stepped in and made the plays they had to make. No one will ever know how either of those QB's might have responded with a little more playing time. And it's because the entire FSU Team will have to watch two Teams in the ESPN invitational that LOST during the regular season.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Committee got it right

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Daverageguy
On Matt Barries show the morning after the Sec cg Paul mentioned the Acc vs Sec record If fsus QB is healthy and they thump Louisville by 21 they get in over us....maybe.

Most likely but the CFBP wanted us out months ago ...Lousiville game it was raining , I don't know rain games where the score is a high scoring event especially with a 3rd string QB that had 3 snaps game experience before the game.

FSU's Defense is better than Alabamas in fact that defense held louisville to 2 FG's. Mark Stoops defense at Kentucky allowed 30 points.

Why is Michigan in the game , they have not won a bowl game since 2016? They are complete dogchitt and have not played anyone this year.

I can live with Bama at 4 but Texas should never have jumped FSU.

THE CFBP is a beauty contest, that is best for skating competitions not FOOTBALL.

A
acy Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
FSU will have the chance to show that they belonged in the playoffs by beating Georgia in the Orange Bowl.

IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by GeoW
Just treat the Orange Bowl as the third playoff Bowl and let UGA and FSU fight with the rest. It's early and can be done to be considered more fair to some.

This.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by WAM
As long as a committee decides who the best teams for the CFP are, it will be subjective. Just being a conference champion or undefeated doesn’t necessarily mean it is one the best four, eight, or twelve! Personally, I think the CFP committee didn’t want to hear that mindless, single syllable, tomahawk chop rant for three hours. The average Criminole IQ is slightly above room temperature.
Roll Tide…

Hehe. There is that.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by acy
FSU will have the chance to show that they belonged in the playoffs by beating Georgia in the Orange Bowl.

Georgia -14 is current line; FSU fanboys can load up

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The computers used to pick soley based on numbers.

Everyone hated the BCS days and wanted an "eye test". Hence the committee and its subjective calls.

Remember when the board of trustees at FSU were shopping their team around in Aug, screaming about how the ACC wasn't good enough for them, but now suddenly their conference is the hardest to win in?

We also can't forget the ACC commissioner going to the mat to fight the playoff expansion. He and the pac12 commissioner are responsible for delaying the transition to a 12 team playoff until next year. Imagine if we had it this year and FSU could win it all!

I'd be pissed if I was a FSU fan. Not only at the committee.....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I loved the reaction from the Michigan players when they found out they had to play Bama.🤪🤪🤪

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
It’s college football. The big $$$ go to everybody involved but the players. And that is what the push for more games is about, $$$ not the players. Want to make the playoffs “fair” (snort)? Start a draft at the high school level and pay the players. Have mandatory injury insurance coverage for all players to protect them from career influencing damage. Then run the season like the puppy mill it’ll be. Cranking out games and taking in loot.

And while you’re at it let ESPN et al subsidize tuition at the universities to bring costs down to affordable levels. He’ll make it free and have a lottery to see who gets in. Tuition at MANY schools is elevated due to bragging rights. Yeah baby. The possibilities are endless if only the playoffs can be expanded.

Or the whole thing could just be treated as college football. Naaaa, too much money at stake.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
A
acy Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
Originally Posted by acy

Yeah, personally, I don't think FSU has much of a chance at beating Georgia, but FSU fans should be happy for the chance to show how great they are. Or aren't.....

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Well Coach Bryant came out with money, although he said it was not worth the years it took off his life.

Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning will take care of itself.
Coach Bryant.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by acy
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
Originally Posted by acy

Yeah, personally, I don't think FSU has much of a chance at beating Georgia, but FSU fans should be happy for the chance to show how great they are. Or aren't.....

Georgia has 9 on offense probably entering the draft. Bowers, and McConkey, maybe Milton and Beck. Those four are a big part of the offense.

The #2 quarterback entered the transfer portal. I don’t think Georgia wins losing 9 offensive starters and their backup QB. But it will highlight the needs for ‘24.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Cruiser1,
Yep

Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning will take care of itself.
Coach Bryant.
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 16gage, 17CalFan, 160user, 16penny, 50 invisible), 2,835 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,493
Posts18,490,421
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.