Print Thread
Hop To
G
g5m Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
This is Connelly's most recent release (Nov. 7, 2023) and is a book where Harry Bosch, retired LAPD Detective and his half brother Mickey Haller who is the Lincoln Lawyer are working together to try to obtain the release from prison of a woman they believe was wrongfully convicted of murdering her ex-husband. The ex was a deputy with the LA Sheriff's office and was late bringing their son to his wife after a weekend with his father. The deputy and the ex-wife have an argument about the late return (and why there is a late return matters, too) he turns around and is walking to his car and is shot. Twice. The wife says she had shut the door and heard the two shots. The investigators said she did the shooting and had the woman charged. She had a lawyer who convinced her to plead nolo contendere or no contest and she was sentenced to some years in prison. But she reaches out to Haller for help after reading about him in the news and Haller decides to look into it. The book goes from there with more twists and legal turns. And who did the crime if it wasn't the ex-wife?
It is a great book to read. Connelly is quite a writer and his books don't leave a person feeling like they wasted the time or money on them.

I'd recommend this book to anyone who likes crime novels.

Retired cat herder.

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I bought this book, but have not yet read it. My wife has read it, and liked it very much. My wife and I are big Connelly fans. We have read all his books and watched the Bosch series on Amazon. I recommend any and all of his stuff. My only caveat is that Connelly is getting more P.C. as time goes on. He does live in LA, after all. I am saving it, as I know I will burn through it in an afternoon or evening. My wife reads slowly, and I burn through books.

NRA Endowment Life Member, G.O.A supporter
G
g5m Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
He usually slips in a left viewpoint or two, but not a bunch like some.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I picked up a copy just a couple hours ago at the local library. I've read many of Connelly's books. He is an excellent author.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just finished reading it. A very interesting novel about an investigation into what is believed to be the unjust incarceration of a young woman for allegedly murdering her husband, and how it is presented in court by the lawyer's investigator, Bosch, and an attorney who believes she is innocent.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

351 members (2500HD, 3333vl, 257 mag, 160user, 12344mag, 38 invisible), 1,998 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,498
Posts18,472,211
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.