Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
5sdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
... of the NFL, even if Jacksonville still qualified for the post-season, would they be written out because of Trevor Lawrence's injury?

Last edited by 5sdad; 12/05/23.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
100%

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
College national championship games have always been determined subjectively. There is no defined path to the playoffs.

I don’t know why folks act shocked when this happens. It’s been this way all of my life.

“power 5”, “gang of 5” whatever…..Reorganize into 8 conferences, 12 or 14 teams each, 2 playoffs and then a Championship game.

The money won’t let it happen though.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
5sdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MadMooner
College national championship games have always been determined subjectively. There is no defined path to the playoffs.

I don’t know why folks act shocked when this happens. It’s been this way all of my life.

“power 5”, “gang of 5” whatever…..Reorganize into 8 conferences, 12 or 14 teams each, 2 playoffs and then a Championship game.

Beyond the money problem, if the conferences were regional, you would still have people claiming that teams from their conference besides the champion should be in the playoffs instead of champions from other conferences.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Life isn't fair.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Me thinks the NCAA wants Michigan to NOT win this year.

Not even get to the dance.

Enter Alabama #4.

Last edited by Angus1895; 12/05/23.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Angus1895

Enter Alabama #4.

Which shows that Alabama is a much tougher team than FSU.

Thats why FSU is out

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Beyond the money problem, if the conferences were regional, you would still have people claiming that teams from their conference besides the champion should be in the playoffs instead of champions from other conferences.

Only in college football do people make that an issue. It’s crazy.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They're only interested in TV ratings. I'm half surprised Washington made it in and they kicked out Georgia

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Alabama beat Georgia who was #1?

I bet the NCAA is thankful that Oregon lost.

Last edited by Angus1895; 12/05/23.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Enter Alabama #4.

LOL when has the Mighty Wolverines won a bowl game especially against FSU? They are our bitches.

Last time we beat that Azz they whined they didn't have Jabril Peppers. Poor baby.

My dream would be for Michigan to win the whole thing and then have the NCAA vacate their wins because of their cheating scandal. I am surprised the committee kept them in with that thing brewing. Hairball has been trying to jump to the NFL for a couple of years after the wins are vacated .

Of course the only way Michigan wins any playoff games is if they were armed with AK's.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Alabama beat Georgia who was #1?

I bet the NCAA is thankful that Oregon lost.

Yea on paper Oregon should have won but Games are determined by actually playing them. The selection committee could not figure it out.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
How long is Oldelk gonna babble about being left out of the playoffs?

Seriously, get over it

LOL

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916

Seriously, get over it

LOL

As long as I like .

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916

Seriously, get over it

LOL

As long as I like .
+1

This ESPN invitational tournament is just that. The state of FL has pledged $1M to take this "Committee's" crazy work to court. If that happens, I'll be LMAO watching this group explain "Eye Test" and how AL passes the eye test after loosing a game, benching their QB, struggling to win two other games. There is so much money at stake here that I can't believe an orginaztion would use any type of method to select teams that wasn't fully vetted, communicated upfront, and used throughout the entire season to rank the Teams.

You can't go from being ranked #4 at the end of the season, then win you're championship game, to being moved down a spot when a team ranked higher lost their championship game.

I'm not going to get over it anytime soon either. Looks clear to me that the Committee bent rules to make sure an SEC Team was selected who ESPN has a relationship with. The selection for the 4th spot should have been between AL, GA and TX.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 358Norma_fan
They're only interested in TV ratings. I'm half surprised Washington made it in and they kicked out Georgia

^^^This^^^

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (160user, 10Glocks, 1minute, 22250rem, 1936M71, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 2,584 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,480
Posts18,490,058
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.