Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
A
acy Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
Originally Posted by Rapier
FSU and Georgia called a press conference for tonight, Norvel said that apparently neither team has enough players left on the roster to play the Oange Bowl game, enough players on both teams hit the transfer portal button to put both teams out of the game....Stupid NCAA and their stupid rules that can bite you in the adz. Thought they were bullet proof. Now the music just plays on.

the transfer portal is a MESS; 1200 players went in this week and half of them will land.......nowhere.
Even Gunnar Gundy hit the portal; that's right Coach Mike Gundy's son !

Any idea why they allow players to announce an intent to transfer before the national championship game is played?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by killerv
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
I can't wait until GA beats the crap out of FSU.

Elk hunter, you want to bet on the game? Put some money where your passion is?

I have a feeling Ga is gonna lay down, FSU wants to show everyone they deserved to be in. Should be a good game.

I agree. Trap game for GA for sure.

Only a complete moron would bet on a bowl game. Then again you are a Alabama fan.

Yeah, only a moron can be an 18 time national champion Alabama football fan when they have a 3-1-1 record over 3 time national champion FSU.

lolololololololololol

As usual you don't understand the question or answer. Since your from Louisiana did you enjoy the back to back beatings LSU got from FSU??. Stick to Biking.

Last edited by Oldelkhunter; 12/06/23.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by acy
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
FSU and Georgia called a press conference for tonight, Norvel said that apparently neither team has enough players left on the roster to play the Oange Bowl game, enough players on both teams hit the transfer portal button to put both teams out of the game....Stupid NCAA and their stupid rules that can bite you in the adz. Thought they were bullet proof. Now the music just plays on.

the transfer portal is a MESS; 1200 players went in this week and half of them will land.......nowhere.
Even Gunnar Gundy hit the portal; that's right Coach Mike Gundy's son !

Any idea why they allow players to announce an intent to transfer before the national championship game is played?

I doubt very few players use the portal before a national championship game. This is the time of year when the coaching staff pulls players on the side and tells them their future and if bleak, I guess those guys can transfer out. There may be a lot of players in the portal but not many are blue chippers and if so they have other issues(frequent injuries, mentally not ready, don't like the school)

Last edited by Oldelkhunter; 12/06/23. Reason: Grammar Police
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The transfer rule today has gotten way out of hand. I think they should not be able to play or transfer until after they finish one semester at the school they are transferring to. It doesn't help with school spirit or loyalty. The player becomes only loyal to themselves, just like in the pros.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
They aren't there to play school.

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I have a feeling Ga is gonna lay down, FSU wants to show everyone they deserved to be in. Should be a good game.

Only a complete moron would bet on a bowl game. Then again you are a Alabama fan.

Yeah, only a moron can be an 18 time national champion Alabama football fan when they have a 3-1-1 record over 3 time national champion FSU.

lolololololololololol

As usual you don't understand the question or answer. Since your from Louisiana did you enjoy the back to back beatings LSU got from FSU??. Stick to Biking.

you're

I didn't go to LSU or FSU. I went to a college that valued proper English writing. I'll stick to pointing out stupidity.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

lolololololololololol

you're

I didn't go to LSU or FSU. I went to a college that valued proper English writing. I'll stick to pointing out stupidity.

Yes I saw what I typed but didn't bother going back to correct it. You got my point . I only witnessed 2 of those games 2009 (alabama loss) 2017( alabama win).

Both games did not go over 28 combined points . Now I guess if I went back to the time when they wore leather helmets maybe Alabama won 2 more games but not in my memory.

Last edited by Oldelkhunter; 12/06/23. Reason: Grammar Police
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
The transfer rule today has gotten way out of hand. I think they should not be able to play or transfer until after they finish one semester at the school they are transferring to. It doesn't help with school spirit or loyalty. The player becomes only loyal to themselves, just like in the pros.

That's what we have now unless the player is in the Ivy League. It's truly disgusting . Its partly the fault of the NCAA and Major TV networks.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I'll stick to pointing out stupidity.

There is a lifetime’s worth of work over on the Q thread.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
They aren't there to play school.
Well said

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

So was this from the 🐝 or?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Watched the press conference; they are going to substitute the cheerleading squads and instead play a game of topless flag football.

They figured ratings would be higher.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Since oldelk is recovering in his safe space I just wanted to brighten up the day and wish Michigan nothing but the best of luck Hopefully nobody gets hurt Harbaugh doesn't do anything silly. Obviously we don't have a great running back our O line is improving Milroe has spread the ball around better and If we throw a ball towards any of our tight ends it's by mistake. Defensively Mccarthy will learn quickly to get rid of the ball smartly we have decent corners a couple of linebackers who are just getting pressure our D line is a bit smaller than normally bur they have some speed. Will Reichard has come through lately on field goals. And Saban will cuss an offical.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Daverageguy
Since oldelk is recovering in his safe space I just wanted to brighten up the day and wish Michigan nothing but the best of luck Hopefully nobody gets hurt Harbaugh doesn't do anything silly. Obviously we don't have a great running back our O line is improving Milroe has spread the ball around better and If we throw a ball towards any of our tight ends it's by mistake. Defensively Mccarthy will learn quickly to get rid of the ball smartly we have decent corners a couple of linebackers who are just getting pressure our D line is a bit smaller than normally bur they have some speed. Will Reichard has come through lately on field goals. And Saban will cuss an offical.

Glad I live in your head rent free.

If I were Bama I would be terrified of a team whose QB has thrown for no more then 150 yards each of the last 4 games, Simply terrified and I think he is injured to boot . About your team , your corners are average . Milroe is inaccurate on any deep throws unless they are scripted. I don't think that Michigan knows what a deep throw is anyway. Turner is going to feast on McCarthy.

Alabama wins and it will be ugly . Washington wins in a shootout.

I wonder if Paul can review what I typed to ensure it is proper grammar.

Read the link below, this is the strongest SOS I have seen yet and makes the most sense.

https://www.bcftoys.com/2023-fplus/

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Watched the press conference; they are going to substitute the cheerleading squads and instead play a game of topless flag football.

They figured ratings would be higher.

FSU cheerleaders BTW are the best looking in all of CFB as are the coeds on campus.

Latest rumors are a boycott, and plenty of fools are clicking some YouTube videos thinking that. Thats not going to happen but funny to see the lemmings react to something that stupid. SMH

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J

Tide beats Blue. Bank on it.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Japlvr

Tide beats Blue. Bank on it.

Blue has not won a Bowl game since 2016. They lost last year to TCU . Everyone criticizing TCU for getting blown out by UGA and yet forgot what happened to Michigan. You can't make this stuff up.

Bama and Washington in the finals

Last edited by Oldelkhunter; 12/07/23.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
This is the best and most interesting post in 20 pages.

Originally Posted by mwarren
GA goes undefeated during the regular season, is ranked #1 all year and loses their conference championship by 3...leading me to believe that conference championships mean something...and that matches with the committee position a few years back when an undefeated team then didn't play a conference championship.

FSU goes undefeated during the regular season, is ranked #4 all year and WINS their conference championship. The above actions lead me to believe the championship WIN means something...only to find out the next day that neither the regular season or the conference championship meant anything related to FSU.

AL lost a game during the regular season, was not ranked in the top #4 throughout the year then wins their championship game...wait, did the conference championship suddenly mean something again?

It doesn't bother me that FSU had to play backup QB's because their starter was hurt. The backup QB's didn't do anything to lose the games they played...they stepped in and made the plays they had to make. No one will ever know how either of those QB's might have responded with a little more playing time. And it's because the entire FSU Team will have to watch two Teams in the ESPN invitational that LOST during the regular season.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by richj
This is the best and most interesting post in 20 pages.

Originally Posted by mwarren
GA goes undefeated during the regular season, is ranked #1 all year and loses their conference championship by 3...leading me to believe that conference championships mean something...and that matches with the committee position a few years back when an undefeated team then didn't play a conference championship.

FSU goes undefeated during the regular season, is ranked #4 all year and WINS their conference championship. The above actions lead me to believe the championship WIN means something...only to find out the next day that neither the regular season or the conference championship meant anything related to FSU.

AL lost a game during the regular season, was not ranked in the top #4 throughout the year then wins their championship game...wait, did the conference championship suddenly mean something again?

It doesn't bother me that FSU had to play backup QB's because their starter was hurt. The backup QB's didn't do anything to lose the games they played...they stepped in and made the plays they had to make. No one will ever know how either of those QB's might have responded with a little more playing time. And it's because the entire FSU Team will have to watch two Teams in the ESPN invitational that LOST during the regular season.

Because it is the most logical. Look everyone knows that ESPN had to have a SEC team in the playoffs. The strength of schedule argument they proposed was utter BS. They both played 8 teams with winning records. If you use F+ schedule rating Alabama was 40 not 5 and FSU was 55. THEy both played 4 top 25 teams and one common opponent , FSU destroyed LSU while Alabama had to knock out Jayden Daniels to get the win. Alabama had to come back against a 6-6 team on a 4th and 31 play to win. They didn't handle USF well and got shoved around and barely beat Arkansas at home.

Games have to be played to know the winner. Oregon was supposed to beat Washington 2 x , how did that go? We will never know what would have happened if FSU had been in the playoffs and ESPN's financial interests made sure that we will never know.

The QB excuse was BS, even if Jordan Travis was healthy they would have found a way to exclude FSU, They must think a lot of people are stupid and they would be right about that.

I am not watching the playoffs this year and if FSU is not playing not watching anymore games.

By making the selections they did the committee ensured a SEC win.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Glad I live in your head rent free.

If I were Bama I would be terrified of a team whose QB has thrown for no more then 150 yards each of the last 4 games, Simply terrified and I think he is injured to boot . About your team , your corners are average . Milroe is inaccurate on any deep throws unless they are scripted. I don't think that Michigan knows what a deep throw is anyway. Turner is going to feast on McCarthy.

Alabama wins and it will be ugly . Washington wins in a shootout.

I wonder if Paul can review what I typed to ensure it is proper grammar.

Read the link below, this is the strongest SOS I have seen yet and makes the most sense.

https://www.bcftoys.com/2023-fplus/

Good grief; how uninformed can you be?? Both corners are lock down players with first Round grades ( Kool Aid is consensus #1 corner) and Milroe is completing 56% of his passes that are thrown over 20 yards.

Last edited by Cruiser1; 12/07/23.
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (219 Wasp, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 60 invisible), 2,447 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,459
Posts18,489,777
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.