Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
ive used both and prefer the trigger tech.

GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by DanInAlaska
I have both, and they're both great, but I prefer the shape of the TriggerTech better than the wide/flat Timney.

FWIW, Timney’s can be ordered with a narrow shoe.

Good to know! I haven't deliberately ordered a Timney for anything, yet. The two I have came on Fieldcraft rifles, and they have the wide/flat shoe. They are great triggers, just feel different.

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Get which one you can find on sale. The are both good. Don't over think it, you probably aren't shooting long range competition, and deer can't tell the difference.

Last edited by reivertom; 11/30/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Timney for me. Tried 2 TT’s and did not like them. Main thing for me was the safety detent was almost non-existent. Too easy to flip safety off accidentally. And safety knob stuck out too far. No problem with any of my Timneys.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
I’ve had a few hiccups with the Walker trigger. I put a TT in my model 700 last year. It was easy to install and I love it. I would agree that the safety goes off a little more easily than the Walker, but that is not a problem for me the way I use the rifle.

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I've used well tuned Walkers ( 2 3/4#) Shilen, Timney, Rifle Basix, Dayton-Traister, Kepplinger Single Set, Jewell and Triger Tech ( thanks Redneck!) eventually I went to the TT Special. Loved the rest "except for two reasons".

1. Once set, everything is fitted to such close tolerances, a "sage seed" locked up my rifle (Shilen) have had other get gunked up in rain/snow hunts. TT's do not get gunked up to the point it disables the rifle. They don't develop "creep", like Walkers usually end up.
2. As I got older, my hands got stiffer, especially in cold temps. I like the fact I can start out the trip with a 1-1.5# Trigger and if turns colder or hands act up, with a simple wrench, tighten it up to 3# if my hands get too stiff to "finesse" the trigger, ha.

Mind you, I grew up using rifles right off the shelf, some with the most sloppy, spongey, stiff, nightmare triggers. Missed alot...learned alot. All I needed was "time and money" to sort out my "fevered, Rifle Loony Mind's Desire" of the Perfect Rifle Set-up. smile Trigger Tech baby, yeah! PS Yeah, I even had a TT Special put in that new to me Mark V Ultra Lightweight 338/06, oh yeah!

tt

Last edited by Jim_Knight; 12/02/23.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Three TT on Rem 700s. Two Timneys on Win 70 classics. All set to 2.5 lb via trigger scale. I can't tell the difference at the bench or in the field.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have both, and both are good/great. IME, the performance or perceived ‘quality’ of the trigger, is somewhat affected by the action it is installed in and how they interface.

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Ghost And The Darkness

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
A couple of days ago I installed a TT Primary in my recently acquired M700 Ti, set the pull to 2 1/2# and am very pleased. PSA was selling them for $120 a week or two ago. Hard to pass up.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by T_O_M
Originally Posted by Reloder28
With so many “Aye’s” for Trigger Tech, what attributes can you aver that put’s them ahead of Timney?

There is really nothing the TriggerTech doesn't do better than Timney except have a low price tag. I have had a couple of Timneys and never found them any better than a well tuned Walker trigger. If you don't have the moxy to tune a Walker trigger, or lack confidence in your work, then by all means buy a Timney. It will get you to the same place .. but no further. I have a Timney Calvin Elite. I would really like to like it but I can't tune the final bit of creep out of it. I have two TT Specials in 700s and one in a Kimber that again, I couldn't get that last "hiccup" out of despite having several others that tuned nicely. In each case it was no more difficult to get to a pound than to back the screw clear out, then set it in 1 click. Install. Check. Shoot. No additional fuss, nothing getting back out of "tune" over time. I also have a single Diamond for a 700 clone (side bolt release, not trigger-mounted) which currently is in a Christensen Ranger .22 set at about 4 ounces. I like it a lot.

Compared to Timney, I guess the consistent win by comparison for TriggerTech is the TT triggers don't seem to have any creep or drag at all where it is detectable, and seems like it can't be completely removed, from the Timneys.

I'd still take a Jewell over TriggerTech but that's a different story.

Thanks for the education.

RE: Jewell triggers
I have three. One came with my Borden custom. It was set by Mr. Borden, so it works as it should. The other two I won’t be using. I replaced them with Timney’s, which, I much prefer. The replaced Jewell’s were mushy. That is not the goal in a, supposedly, top of the line trigger. The second strike was the non-existence of customer service from Jewell’s. Don’t understand that place AT ALL! Seems like a secret society. Anyway, I don’t care for their triggers. I may be the only one in the shooting world. Jewell gets a lot of accolades from many shooters, but never from me.

Question .. what pull weight are your Jewell triggers set at?

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Trigger tech

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I replaced all my timneys with trigger tech and never looked back.
I have diamond two stage, primaries and specials, and every single one of them blows a timney out of the water.
The next step up would be Bix'n Andy.

Love Ksmïthïnhïzzër/fląvöřÐ.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I own several Jewel, Timney and TriggerTech triggers. All I buy now are TriggerTech’s.

You ain't about that life.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
TriggerTech for the win! For me anyway.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (1minute, 1234, 2500HD, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1OntarioJim, 65 invisible), 2,381 guests, and 1,347 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,155
Posts18,484,308
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.