Print Thread
Hop To
D
dave284 Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
if you need some. www.starlinebrass.com is accepting back-orders for 45/70 brass as of yesterday.

I went ahead and ordered mine and some 30/30 brass. No idea when it will actually be available but I can wait a little longer I reckon.

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for the heads-up. I've got 4 of them to feed and brass is a get-it-when-you-can item.

Now, just need to find some large rifle primers....

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
Thanks for the heads-up. I've got 4 of them to feed and brass is a get-it-when-you-can item.

Now, just need to find some large rifle primers....

Natchez had some WLR in stock last week. I ordered a couple bricks; just arrived on the front step yesterday. They and PV have both had LR in stock here and there over the last year, but they go quick.

Last edited by zcm82; 12/07/23. Reason: addition
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Kinda shaky on WLR, had some that were developing pinholes in the radius and putting divots in a brand new (old stock) M1 Garand bolt. Looking for CCI 200, if possible.

Powder valley doesn't do notifications, and we got new software at work so Midway (or any gun-related site) is on the no-go list. Got the notification while at work but they were sold out by the time I got home.

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
I've burned a lot of my CCI200s up this year too, farting around developing some new 250 Sav and 303 Sav loads. Those were actually what I was looking for when I happened across the WLR. I was also getting fairly low on WLR, so I won't complain.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Had I known, I'da probably bought WLRs for the 45-70, I never had one of the suspect primers develop a hole in that rifle, I keep chamber pressure at about 28 Kpsi, the Garand runs 45 Kpsi or so.

Recoil gets real sporty going much above that. 430 grain hardcasts at 1650ish have gone through every thing I've shot with them, running them harder/faster just nets me a bigger divot on the other side. 500+ grains at 1500-1550 fps is not as necessary as I used to think, 1300-1350 is more pleasant and I still get the off-side divot. grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have plenty of 45-70 brass, but this thread reminded me I wanted to get more 475 Linebaugh.

Fortunately they were also accepting B/O on the Linebaugh!

While online, I did notice the 45-70 B/O was cancelled. The Fire strikes again.

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'm glad I got my order in. I have 4 45-70s I shoot on a regular basis. Two mild (single shots), two with the more modern loads. Shot some rounds up today.

zcm82, Walked into a local Retail store today and found they had CCI 250s in stock. Close enough, a brick came home with me today. I'll use them in the Trapdoor level loads. You mentioned LRPs and some magically appeared, so if I can get you to, please put in a word for 200s. 5 bricks of those would hold me a couple years.

D
dave284 Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Wow, you got to wonder why they would shut down the back-orders that quick. They take your card for the order so ordered = sold, sold product = $$$. They have to tool up to make them so why not let the backorders ride at least a week or until the orders start to slow down. That way you know how many you have to make to cover the sold units then make "x" number more to cover additional orders till the next time you have time to run them.

From what the woman told me they had just opened them up for ordering the day before yesterday. That is less than 3 days for people to see that they can order them. Plus, I would imagine that they have salesman calling some of the bigger sellers to see how many they want.

Does anyone know how many pieces of brass they can make in an eight hour shift or how long it takes them to change the dies to run a different cartridge?

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org
Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
I'm glad I got my order in. I have 4 45-70s I shoot on a regular basis. Two mild (single shots), two with the more modern loads. Shot some rounds up today.

zcm82, Walked into a local Retail store today and found they had CCI 250s in stock. Close enough, a brick came home with me today. I'll use them in the Trapdoor level loads. You mentioned LRPs and some magically appeared, so if I can get you to, please put in a word for 200s. 5 bricks of those would hold me a couple years.

🤣

I just keep my eyes peeled online and get lucky once in a while. PV and Natchez are where I've gotten almost all of my primers the past few years. They've both had CCI200 in the past year-ish because I bought a couple bricks... just shot most of them since then.

Locally supply has been slim to absolute nil for a few years. There is a Runnings opening near me shortly though, so I'm hoping they have some on the shelf now and then once they get off the ground.

IC B3

J
J
Had I known, I'da probably bought WLRs for the 45-70, I never had one of the suspect primers develop a hole in that rifle, I keep chamber pressure at about 28 Kpsi, the Garand runs 45 Kpsi or so.
The garand runs up to 60kpsi or so

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Using "Garand" load data. Port pressure can be important.

I've had several and try to keep 150 grain bullets at around 2700 fps.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

735 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 16Racing, 69 invisible), 2,822 guests, and 1,363 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,844
Posts18,478,277
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.