Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
The executive principal of the high school where I taught for 20-something years got fired for skimming cash from football and basketball ticket sales. He would take the cash box home after a game, pocket some of the money, and give the rest to his secretary the next morning to deposit in the school bank account. He did that for over 10 years before a disgruntled retired coach dropped a dime on him. No criminal charges- - - -just an "early retirement for health reasons"!
That's the situation at our local Farmers market. More and more vendors will not take cash. I asked a couple of farmers what's up with the No Cash, they said skimming is a problem.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If one won't take cash then count me out. Did cash for a rental car once. Got to visit parts of the airport that no one ever sees.

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Hahah.

Scan ‘n Go at the Sams Club will blow some of y’all’s minds.

😂😂

#allgasnobrakes

Ps…

I bet some of y’all still wear of those car hop coin dispenser belts.

😂😂😂

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
The horror.

That's what Mr. Kurtz said. wink

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
IC B2

M
MMM Online Content
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
M
I just buy an All-Sports Season Pass from the school. It supports the athletic programs and all I have to do is flash it as I walk by.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I'm at a lot of sporting events, grade school to college. I can't remember the last time I was at one that took cash. They are all tap/card now.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I too have a grandson in fifth grade. The world is going to hell for sure !! The younger generations can't count money, hell, then they won't have any !!!!

"not too grumpy"
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Has way more to do with theft than inability to count money

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
They've been doing that for years. The kids they usually hire to take up money and run concession stands were stealing all of the profits.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Those of you of a certain age will appreciate this. Breakfast $3.02 I give 16 year old $5.02 who then gives me $2.00 and a "wait for your 98 cents change." Bluehaired old lady behind me "Young lady this man can cipher I taught high school math for 28 years and you dumb bunny can't figure out his change was only 2 dollars please give serious thought to sterilization so I can die not surrounded by ignorance."

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
A superintendent of education in a county I worked for, told me of a similar embezzlement case. He was the HS principal and his secretary of 20 odd years, had been skimming the money from athletic events for a number of years. He and another administrator counted the gate receipts money and had it notarized. It was placed in the school vault over the weekend. The secretary would count the money and make the deposit on Monday. The deposit amount was off; way off by the tune of over $400. He offered her an opportunity to resign but finally had to fire her. She tried to destroy him and his hard earned reputation. He said if he ever had the opportunity again; he would have had her publicly arrested and led off campus in handcuffs. Trust but verify!

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
The local Perfect Game travel baseball tourneys are the same way, no cash, but they hit you with a 3% fee. I want to make an ass of myself about how stupid it is but I bite my tongue and use the plastic. I’m a coach for my oldest so no fee for me there but have a 9U kid that I get hit up for entry fees, plus the wife and other son if he’s not playing. It adds up

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cash works at events in this community. Yet to see a card reader at the gate/door. Small town SE Oregon.

1Minute
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
When my daughter was a member of the "flag corps" of her high school band, parents would get "volunteered" by the Band Boosters to man the concessions stand at football and basketball games. There was an unbelievable amount of hanky-panky that went on with the funds we collected for cokes, burgers, and candy, etc.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
Originally Posted by bluefish
If you really wanna curdle their milk ask for change.

They don't teach math in schools anymore. It's pretty sad.

I went to the store one time and bought some stuff.

The girl behind the register says $16.00 please.

I hand her a $20.00 bill and a $1.00 bill.

She's looking at the money in her hand with a blank stare and I could see some sort of an explosion going on in her brain.

She says, "it's only $16.00".

I told her to key $21.00 into the register.

So she does and says, "OOOOOHHHHH, I get it".

Now this school is teaching them how to take credit cards so that they don't have to count cash. Or they don't trust the kid enough and they're afraid he'll skim it.

I did that once. The girl thanked me for the tip!

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
is skimming a PC word for theft? stealing? shrinkage?

thou shalt not skim?

I say take the credit card and let a 3% charge better than someone stealing and not reporting..

too many Hunters out there. Capital H.

In your face theft and corruption....

Buy-Demonics ..

"Never attribute to malice, that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or misunderstanding."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by slumlord
I like to go thru the wendys drive up and when my order is 7.13, I like to hand them about $11 and $3.14 in nickels and pennies. Just because I’m a retired [bleep].

Hey SLUMMER:

You are not a retired bleep...

you are still a bleep...

and this is note of admiration not admonition...

"Never attribute to malice, that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or misunderstanding."
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
We haven’t “progressed” to that point around here….yet.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It’s always been $2 or $3 to get into a school ball game. Shîtbirds make extra messes, [bleep] popcorn throwed everywhere, drinks spilled, extra deputy, lights, heat, etc. That’s above and beyond your tax dollars during the normal 7am-3pm school hours.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 1badf350, 63 invisible), 2,327 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,704
Posts18,494,364
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.