Print Thread
Hop To
A
AGL4now Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Does anyone have a favorite FFL dealer in the Soldotna, Alaska Area......??? And/or any knowledge of what different FFL dealers (IN SOLDOTNA AREA) charge for a "courtesy transfer" of firearms. I am looking for a relatively inexpensive dealer to receive a courtesy transfer of firearms for me.
THANKS, for any help.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
GB1

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I see that Gunbroker lists 9 FFL dealers within 10 miles of Soldotna that charge from $10 to $30 per firearm transfer. You may need to register with their site to access the list. Their “Find a FFL” feature allows users to search by zip code for participating transfer dealers. Hope that helps.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Sporties. Matt French. They do transfers.

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Bulletfarm
Soldotna Ammo

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by akpls
Bulletfarm
Soldotna Ammo

2nd this one. Paul at the Bullet Farm is very reliable and runs a good place. Have spent way too much money there, and keep going back because he is ultra prompt on every transaction...and I have never had any problems. Not one...

Downtown Soldotna, bottom floor, right hand side of the building. His shop's entrance is on the outside of said building.

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

IC B2

A
AGL4now Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Anything, NEGATIVE reference "Soldotna Ammo Supply" on K-Beach Road....???

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by AGL4now
I've never had any issues with them.

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
you have a double on a place. I"d take that as a sign to not ignore.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
No negs on "Soldotna Ammo", although my only experience was ... 4-5 weeks ago I stopped in looking for mags for my XD-M Elite 10mm pistol, he had em and for a comparable price as online, fella was absolutely gun savvy and very well versed in bullet/ammo requirements for griz/brown bear

don't see that very often at the gun counter

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
No, not really. They seem fine. Have found good buys occasionally on older ammo (donor brass) and else. They are a business and as such, seem to be pricier than others. Not knocking that at all. I have no idea on their transferring price or their promptness of same. No negatives by my judgment for what that's worth. wink Their inventory simply caters to items I rarely need. They are professional and always try/offer to help.

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

IC B3

A
AGL4now Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
A side note the local Soldotna members, I am in the process (read "Just Started") of moving to Soldotna. Expect to reside in temporary (apartment) housing, while searching for something to purchase.

While it is a longshot, should any Soldotna area members either own, or know of, or are in the Real Estate business, please Private Message me.

NOTE: I have "Zero" interest in Kenai, Alaska. THANK YOU.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
A side note the local Soldotna members, I am in the process (read "Just Started") of moving to Soldotna. Expect to reside in temporary (apartment) housing, while searching for something to purchase.

While it is a longshot, should any Soldotna area members either own, or know of, or are in the Real Estate business, please Private Message me.

Did you finally sell your place in Hope?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
A
AGL4now Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe

Did you finally sell your place in Hope?

No, I am keeping it.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by rost495
you have a double on a place. I"d take that as a sign to not ignore.

Yep!

I’m not sure what exactly a “courtesy transfer” is either? As far as the dealer is concerned the ATF doesn’t delineate between “courtesy transfers” or “non-courtesy transfers” and as such require the exact same information, details and record keeping for both. 😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
AGL4now Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Thanks for the help, I selected one based on proximity to my location.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (1936M71, 22250rem, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,480 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,478
Posts18,490,006
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.