Campfire Outfitter
E
Holy fuqk🤯🤯🤯 it dam near tripled

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
We were lucky. Never a claim and no points with our 2 boys. I feel your pain just hope for smooth sailing. Drivers ed and good grades helped.

Last edited by Mike_S; 12/08/23.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Holy fuqk🤯🤯🤯 it dam near tripled
So have the costs of parts, repairs, medical, and payroll. Someone has to pay it and that's you. Insurance companies have to earn a profit just like anyone else and when their costs go up, so do their prices.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
50% of my auto insurance premium is "uninsured motorist" coverage. 50%. <--- !!!!

Agent says it's because of all the illegals in this state. They don't buy insurance plus have a habit of running into chit.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
The teenage drivers on the policy aren't the problem. My policies have always been reasonable with three teenage drivers, two adults, and 8 vehicles insured. The rates went up 400%+ earlier this year and I keep getting the same answer from multiple agents.
TOO MANY UNLICENSED, UNISURED DRIVERS. Aka illegal aliens , and they aren't buying insurance, so you get to cover the difference.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Son is 17 and drives a wrangler rubicon, adds $2400/year.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It’s my vehicles that are insured, not the individual drivers of them. I don’t volunteer information for my enemy to use against me. The insurance card lists the VEHICLE as insured and the law requires that the VEHICLE carry a minimum amount of liability insurance. I looked into this years ago before our oldest started driving. I had a friend who owned an insurance agency for 20 years and was as knowledgeable in that industry as anyone who told me that. He said that the reality is that if you tell them of your young driver they’ll raise your rates and if that young driver gets into an accident that’s their fault they will either raise their rates or drop them. If you have a young driver that the insurance company doesn’t know exists because you never volunteered that information and therefore the insurance company hasn’t preemptively gouged and that young driver gets into the same wreck as young driver #1 the insurance company will either raise their rate or drop them. Our children have never wrecked nor do I recall them even getting a ticket. 👍🏼

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Insurance fraud can allow the insurance company to deny your claim. Most insurance companies require you to inform them of all drivers living in the household. Failure to list all drivers who drive your vehicles in your household can be just cause for the company to deny your claim. I guess you can choose to play games and take your chances…

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SupFoo
50% of my auto insurance premium is "uninsured motorist" coverage. 50%. <--- !!!!

Agent says it's because of all the illegals in this state. They don't buy insurance plus have a habit of running into chit.
Huh? I just got the bill for our '18 Toyota Highlander. The 6 month charge for uninsured motorist is $13.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SupFoo

Pre-kid driver it was half or more of ours, coupled with underinsured.
The biggest number on the list.

Adding a kid trippled ours too.
And she was driving a 1995 Subaru, in 2020.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
It’s my vehicles that are insured, not the individual drivers of them. I don’t volunteer information for my enemy to use against me. The insurance card lists the VEHICLE as insured and the law requires that the VEHICLE carry a minimum amount of liability insurance. I looked into this years ago before our oldest started driving. I had a friend who owned an insurance agency for 20 years and was as knowledgeable in that industry as anyone who told me that. He said that the reality is that if you tell them of your young driver they’ll raise your rates and if that young driver gets into an accident that’s their fault they will either raise their rates or drop them. If you have a young driver that the insurance company doesn’t know exists because you never volunteered that information and therefore the insurance company hasn’t preemptively gouged and that young driver gets into the same wreck as young driver #1 the insurance company will either raise their rate or drop them. Our children have never wrecked nor do I recall them even getting a ticket. 👍🏼

That would be fraud. Says a lot about a man’s character. Good luck getting them to pay if your kid does wreck. Oh yeah, I’d be on the lookout for karma around every corner.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Welcome to having teenage boys. Mine hit two deer then his buddy backed into the wife’s car. Insurance company was not impressed. All this within about a six month timeframe. Glad he’s 25 now and has his own cars and insurance policy.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
Welcome to having teenage boys. Mine hit two deer then his buddy backed into the wife’s car. Insurance company was not impressed. All this within about a six month timeframe. Glad he’s 25 now and has his own cars and insurance policy.

Boy, girl, it doesn't matter.

It doesn't matter, at least now, in PA.

it did 38 years ago when i was a kid. A boy was charged 2 to 3 times what a girl was,
based on boy's tendencies toward high speed craziness.

A sexual discrimination case changed that.
(Stupidly, they still discriminate based on age, experience, accidents, fines...as they should)

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have to call my insurance agent Monday. I took my Explorer to the car wash and the guy told me your tail lights are broken. Seems so rectal orifice knocked the red lenses on both tail lights. This doe bring up the question, when did they stop making tail lights that have non-replaceable lenses. Now they make you buy the whole damn unit and they ain't cheap. Almost $300 a pop.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
E
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Son is 17 and drives a wrangler rubicon, adds $2400/year.
My boy has a 2000 wrangler the agent says jeeps are more $$$🤷‍♂️

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Some companies have a “good grades discount”…

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by PJGunner
I have to call my insurance agent Monday. I took my Explorer to the car wash and the guy told me your tail lights are broken. Seems so rectal orifice knocked the red lenses on both tail lights. This doe bring up the question, when did they stop making tail lights that have non-replaceable lenses. Now they make you buy the whole damn unit and they ain't cheap. Almost $300 a pop.
PJ
Amazon for the win!

E
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by PJGunner
PJ
Oh wow

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Find them a different address and let them get their own “non owner’s policy” and let them drive your cars.

No wonder I retired at 39

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 12/09/23.
E
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Find them a different address and let them get their own “non owner’s policy” and let them drive your cars.

No wonder I retired at 39
Hell I’ll be 39 in few months tell me more

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

438 members (163bc, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 160user, 39 invisible), 1,916 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,635
Posts18,493,138
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.