Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I purchased a rifle from WhelenAway and he shipped it 11-27-23 with insurance through USPS. It has been stuck in Missouri City, TX about 20 miles from my FFL since 11-30-23. I called the 800 number and got through the postmaster for South Houston where it should have gone. I have called every day and they run the tracking number, and the package/rifle is just setting in the Missouri City, TX plant and they tell me there is nothing that can be done, and said it is going to just take time. Also, the postmaster tells me my FFL dealer can't go and get it and I don't understand why.

At this point WhelenAway is thinking he should file a claim.

Have any of you guy had issues like this or have any info that could help? This is the 1st time I had had this happen.

Tracy

It is not about what you kill, it is about the hunt....
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You can't change the unchangeable, 20 miles isn't that far to make anything more inconvenient. Go get it, then forget it...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
If it was shipped priority mail, have him file the claim. Priority packages are just that priority they get sorted first. If USPS say it's not lost, call BS. If priority mail has not move in 11 days, it's lost.

If it was USPS ground - I have hade them be stuck for 3 weeks and they may not accept the claim as readily.

Internet analysis: 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact

Fools & fanatics are always so certain and wise people are always so questioning

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by shrapnel
You can't change the unchangeable, 20 miles isn't that far to make anything more inconvenient. Go get it, then forget it...

They tell me that it is not possible because it's a plant where they rout packages to post offices, not for the public. I am off on Monday, and I may go over there to see what I can do.

USPS is the worst.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Filing a claim with USPS is like pulling teeth. I've had similar situations. If it were me, I'd call them daily until it's borderline harassment. I hope you can get it resolved.
Andy.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mike_Dettorre
If it was shipped priority mail, have him file the claim. Priority packages are just that priority they get sorted first. If USPS say it's not lost, call BS. If priority mail has not move in 11 days, it's lost.

If it was USPS ground - I have hade them be stuck for 3 weeks and they may not accept the claim as readily.

It was shipped USPS Ground Advantage.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
I had one out for 31 days before it got to its destination,
$1800.00 floating around in Evansville Indiana USPS warehouse,
But I'm sure the new postage hike will solve everything,

Last edited by remingtonclassic; 12/08/23. Reason: Added info
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Two years ado I had a Barrett Fieldcraft disappear coming to Colorado from Alabama. Ended up collecting insurance and writing it off as lost or stolen. It showed up at my FFL 3 months later and I had to refund my insurance for them to complete delivery. Yours will probably surface eventually, the wait is unpredictable!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have a rifle that has been in transit since 11-28. Every time I track it I get the same message that it is in the system and will be arriving late.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’ve had a few slow or lost packages. They all got to the destination eventually.

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Don’t file a claim. Just be patient and it will arrive

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by nimrodtracy
Originally Posted by Mike_Dettorre

It was shipped USPS Ground Advantage.

Don't ever try and save money and send anything of any value USPS ground. It's like 3rd class junk mail. It sits until they don't have anything else to do. First class and priority go first. USPS is short handed on labor like everybody else. It will get there eventually.

Lesson learned.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Have a small package thats been routed through the same facility now 10-12 times.

Had a pistol drop out of sight once, showed up about three weeks late.

IRS refund check years ago showed up 4 1/2 years later.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Shipping between Thanksgiving and Christmas is always rough. Had a few close calls this year but everything made it.... eventually.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Not USPS, but when UPS lost my Ruger Blackhawk and Pre-64 M70 in Chitcago, I had to file a lost/stolen gun report with my local PD. The sending FFL holder had to file a similar report with the ATF. The Pre 64 M70 magically appeared within 72 hours. I never saw the Ruger again.

Medics bury their mistakes..
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I have heard USPS claims take 6 months to a year to clear up

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Wait until the day one of your neighbors show up with a restricted signature package for you, because the delivery person dropped it off at the wrong address (same number, completely different street). And it's always worst post Thanksgiving, because of the temp holiday hires.

Fudex and UPS is no better.

Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled guns yearning to shoot free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming safes and gun racks.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door of my workbench.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 69sportfury
Have a small package thats been routed through the same facility now 10-12 times.

Had a pistol drop out of sight once, showed up about three weeks late.

IRS refund check years ago showed up 4 1/2 years later.

Wow, you got your pistol and then got a refund check years later!

It looks like I will never go ground again and never during the holiday season. Thanks for the advice, guys.

Tracy

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by shrapnel

How can he pick up a package that is mailed to an FFL?

Last edited by JakeM78; 12/09/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The post office is all but dead and gone since Covid. Why anyone would do anything other than mail a letter is beyond me. Plus FedEx and ups are both cheaper and WAY more dependable

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

446 members (17CalFan, 10Glocks, 163bc, 12344mag, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 32 invisible), 2,322 guests, and 1,057 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,453
Posts18,529,031
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.