Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Really nice to have this store in the Dallas area. I dropped in today to take a look. I don't have a huge need for technical hunting gear, but I do have a few pieces for when I hunted Ireland, NZ and Spain. TX and Africa are pretty similar and other than some short boot gaiters, I can get by with pretty basic hunting gear. But it's nice to have a store where I can try on technical gear if I need it. Technical clothing can have a quirky fit sometimes.

Anyhow, I was looking for a better solution for keeping basic stuff together for heading to a deer blind or walking around at night with an electric call for coyotes, or thermal gear for pigs. I ended up getting a Kuiu 1200 Divide day pack. I wanted something relatively simple, not a ton of pockets or straps. It seems to fit the bill. I wish the fabric was a little softer so it would be quieter when cold and brushing against branches, but I like that I can carry a tripod, shooting sticks, or spotting scope. Also, adding a bladder is nice.

I think it will work out well.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Where is that store located?

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
There’s something ironic about a company that takes its name from an island in the Tongas rainforest of SE Alaska where protection from the elements is real and open their first 2 retail stores in the Tropics….California and Texas. 😂

This isn’t a knock on either Texas or California…just an observation of the irony.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gkt5450

Ummm, I accessed the search bar of my internet browser and typed in “Kuiu in dallas address” and within .0023 seconds I was given:

13846 Dallas Pkwy, Unit 100, Dallas, TX 75240, United States

If you click the directions tab it will open your drive to app in your phone. At least it does mine.

Wabigoon can help you if you need more assistance 🤣

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Just down on the left side about a mile or so from Walmart.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Wasn't their founder the bugger who shot himself a few years back?

The way life should be.
F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by gsganzer
Anyhow, I was looking for a better solution for keeping basic stuff together for heading to a deer blind or walking around at night with an electric call for coyotes, or thermal gear for pigs. I ended up getting a Kuiu 1200 Divide day pack. I wanted something relatively simple, not a ton of pockets or straps. It seems to fit the bill. I wish the fabric was a little softer so it would be quieter when cold and brushing against branches, but I like that I can carry a tripod, shooting sticks, or spotting scope. Also, adding a bladder is nice.

I've been getting to know a KUIU Divide 1500 for about a week now, and it seems to be a really well thought-out bag. More capable than it looks, for sure.

I bought some zippered pencil pouches from Amazon to organize stuff within the bag, but it has more than enough pouches of its own. Plus, they're easy to get to, and easy to see through so one can find what's needed without rummaging through each one of 'em.

Let us know what you think of your 1200 once you've had a chance to work with it some.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by bluefish

He did.

He was also dealing with issues involving CTE, that nobody knew about.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord

Ummm, I accessed the search bar of my internet browser and typed in “Kuiu in dallas address” and within .0023 seconds I was given:

13846 Dallas Pkwy, Unit 100, Dallas, TX 75240, United States

If you click the directions tab it will open your drive to app in your phone. At least it does mine.

Wabigoon can help you if you need more assistance 🤣

lolololol

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Really nice to have this store in the Dallas area. I dropped in today to take a look. I don't have a huge need for technical hunting gear, but I do have a few pieces for when I hunted Ireland, NZ and Spain. TX and Africa are pretty similar and other than some short boot gaiters, I can get by with pretty basic hunting gear. But it's nice to have a store where I can try on technical gear if I need it. Technical clothing can have a quirky fit sometimes.

Noisy hunting gear drives me nuts. I bought a backpack that was touted by the maker as quiet. It's louder than Burns tearing into a bag of Cheetos in a canyon on a dead still morning.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Noisy hunting gear drives me nuts. I bought a backpack that was touted by the maker as quiet. It's louder than Burns tearing into a bag of Cheetos in a canyon on a dead still morning.

For scale of reference: is that louder than Trisha Yearwood plowing into a bag of Lays BBQ chips?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord

Yes that seems more convenient than asking random internet strangers then waiting who knows how long for them to answer...but the directions you received were not relative to the nearest Walmart.

The Community Directions provided here, by a human, were and that makes them far more useful for people who don't want to use GPS because that is basically inviting Satan into your passenger seat as a copilot.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
I found KUIU to be the most over priced, under performing outdoor gear on the market today.

Sam......

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I found KUIU to be the most over priced, under performing outdoor gear on the market today.
10 minutes later..............30 below zero, 50mph wind standing in a blizzard snow storm, boy I sure like my new Kuiu shyte, love this gear.

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G

I agree that some of the technical clothing is hit of miss. I typically just need a good outer garment (jacket/pants). Better options for the under and mid-layer can be bought from companies like BCG or many other sports wear companies.

Some of the best gear I have is Core4Element. which is no longer in business. It was priced right and has some of the best features.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 673
10 minutes later..............30 below zero, 50mph wind standing in a blizzard snow storm, boy I sure like my new Kuiu shyte, love this gear.

Don't know about that but I can tell you that at 40 degrees, walking through waist-high wet grass their Attack pants will absorb water like a sponge..

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Save your receipt, they won't do any warranty repair without it. I have a Icon 5200 pack, the main compartment zipper is backwards, they won't even send me a zipper.

Eagles may soar, but a weasel never got sucked into a jet turbine!
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by 673

Don't know about that but I can tell you that at 40 degrees, walking through waist-high wet grass their Attack pants will absorb water like a sponge..

It’s untreated polyester. Not sure what you would based higher expectations on.

At least you didn’t have to worry about stopping to pee.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Fear the crabcat.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Polyester is a hydrophobic fiber that doesn't absorb water. It's all about the weave. A garment marketed for outdoor use in wet weather shouldn't absorb and hold water like a sponge.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by bluefish

Yes, Jason played a lot of football when young even to the pro level maybe that had something to do with it.
He started Sitka originally then sold out and started Kuiu.

I have a pretty fair selection of their cold weather gear and it works well. Runs a bit small in sizing.
Between Kuiu and Simms most needs can be met with decent product.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

394 members (21, 160user, 22250rem, 01Foreman400, 257 mag, 2500HD, 33 invisible), 2,252 guests, and 1,050 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,508
Posts18,490,691
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.