Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Thanks for the info. I was recently looking at a Zeiss scope. Guess I'll pass.

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by JakeM78
Originally Posted by 4570fan
I'm not sure why Vortex gets a bad rap, the ones I have I'm happy with. I bought a used, a 2-7x32 Crossfire II off a local forum, and had the crosshair turn crooked after my second shot. I called Vortex the next day and they said we'll ship you a new scope and a return label to send the broken scope back. I said I bought this scope used, the guy said it doesn't matter, it's covered. I received the new scope in less than a week. Top notch CS in my book.

The best customer service is the one you never have to use. YMMV

That sounds good and all, but every optics seller/maker has a customer service department for a reason......they all break.

Granted, but when when one reads 17,568 times how good Vortex CS is, well.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I've got an Zeiss spotter diascope and an 3x9 Terra riflescope but I'm not planning on purchasing anything in the future from them.

I'm getting to the point where I think it's only worth it if your going Burris, Vortex, Athlon. I can't believe that soemthing as expensive as alpha euro glass and their products can't be serviced and done so at an reasonable rate. It's not worth the privilege of owning if service isn't there.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
That type of customer service you received from Zeiss is totally unacceptable. I don't blame you one bit for you removing them from your potential buyers list.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
You bought it used and it was tampered with. The seller was dishonest with you, if the seller did not tell you he screwed with it then what did you expect?

You are the first person I have heard have any issue with their customer service. I have never had to send one of their products to them.

Well, if you read the rest of the posts in this thread, you'll find plenty of others who've had issues with Zeiss customer service. Maybe lighten up there Francis...

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I’ve got a bunch of Diavari and Victory scopes and a couple victory binocs. Haven’t ever needed their customer service

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by flagstaff
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by flagstaff
I bought a 85MM Diascope brand new back in 2007.

The ocular never fit into the scope body correctly, but the spotting scope was operational and image was fine, so I kept using it.

About 2014, the coarse focus knob quick working. No worries though, still had the fine focus.

The ocular then got what looked liked a pubic hair in the interior lens.

So I packed it up and set it to Zeiss to get the 3 items repaired, mainly getting the interior of all lenses cleaned. And remove that pubic hair.

They set me an email saying the scope could not be repaired, and if I wanted, I could buy their Gavia or whatever for for a reduced price of $3,400. Such a deal……………🙄

I called and spoke to Joe. After a 45 minute “discussion,” he agreed to fix the coarse knob, make the ocular fully connect to the scope body, but not clean the ocular. We argued more, but that was his offer. He shipped it back, with the pubic hair and all.

I will never ever buy a Zeiss anything. Never ever.

Did he asK why in the hell you were trying to look at your di ck with your spotting scope?

Wasn’t looking at my di ck but kinda sorta told Joe he was being one and that Zeiss s ucks if that is how they treat customers who want their optic simply cleaned and repaired with their “lifetime warranty”

Ha ha. Good on you..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I'm not sure why Vortex gets a bad rap, the ones I have I'm happy with. I bought a used, a 2-7x32 Crossfire II off a local forum, and had the crosshair turn crooked after my second shot. I called Vortex the next day and they said we'll ship you a new scope and a return label to send the broken scope back. I said I bought this scope used, the guy said it doesn't matter, it's covered. I received the new scope in less than a week. Top notch CS in my book.

That sounds good and all, but every optics seller/maker has a customer service department for a reason......they all break.

You guys both make good points. However, I have some buddies that have had major issues with Vortex, but Vortex keeps them coming back because they are fast with repairs and pretty much no questions asked. I have countless stories I can tell, and I know some of you other guys do as well. I watch my friends, as I do not buy Vortex anything based on their experiences because I don't like for any of my gun related stuff to have issues. Right now I have one buddy that was in the military and worked oversees as a private contractor, he's now a SWAT member. He's on his last Vortex, sadly, because he feels like he's had to send in every damn scope he's bought from them. Now, that is not a great record. The latest one that he is sending in is an expensive Razor HD LHT 4.5-22x50. One that Formid actually tested extensively over on Rokslide, and it failed his test miserably. My buddies scope adjustment likes to move laterally when you fire the rifle. It's very sluggish, when you turn the windage dial, as you look through the scope and adjust for zero. It's my same buddy that let his 3 year old boy carry his Vortex Fury 5000HD's around and the kid dropped them from a height of about a foot and shattered both eye pieces. Vortex fixed those very quickly. It's always no questions asked too. In a way, I like that, especially with a high dollar optic. But if it gives you a sick feeling wondering when your optic is going to fail, no amount of warranty is going to ease that sensation.

Now, he's bringing over a thermal optic for me to install on one of his yote rifles. I'm wondering what manufacture it's going to be???

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
You bought it used and it was tampered with. The seller was dishonest with you, if the seller did not tell you he screwed with it then what did you expect?

You are the first person I have heard have any issue with their customer service. I have never had to send one of their products to them.

My man…are you NOT reading the other people’s responses on this thread? The OP is hardly the first to have this type of experience with Zeiss. They make some good stuff, but their CS is “okay” at best in the optics world.

Dave

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by iddave

My man…are you NOT reading the other people’s responses on this thread? The OP is hardly the first to have this type of experience with Zeiss. They make some good stuff, but their CS is “okay” at best in the optics world.

Dave

Did they buy used spotting scopes that had been tampered with ?

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by the_gman

Well, if you read the rest of the posts in this thread, you'll find plenty of others who've had issues with Zeiss customer service. Maybe lighten up there Francis...

Did they buy a used spotting scope that had been tampered with? I am referring to the OP's issue which is a spotting scope, not a rifle scope.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Call Doug at Cameraland. He knows people that can help you.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by jmp300wsm
Call Doug at Cameraland. He knows people that can help you.

That would be my advice as well.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

You guys both make good points. However, I have some buddies that have had major issues with Vortex, but Vortex keeps them coming back because they are fast with repairs and pretty much no questions asked. I have countless stories I can tell, and I know some of you other guys do as well. I watch my friends, as I do not buy Vortex anything based on their experiences because I don't like for any of my gun related stuff to have issues. Right now I have one buddy that was in the military and worked oversees as a private contractor, he's now a SWAT member. He's on his last Vortex, sadly, because he feels like he's had to send in every damn scope he's bought from them. Now, that is not a great record. The latest one that he is sending in is an expensive Razor HD LHT 4.5-22x50. One that Formid actually tested extensively over on Rokslide, and it failed his test miserably. My buddies scope adjustment likes to move laterally when you fire the rifle. It's very sluggish, when you turn the windage dial, as you look through the scope and adjust for zero. It's my same buddy that let his 3 year old boy carry his Vortex Fury 5000HD's around and the kid dropped them from a height of about a foot and shattered both eye pieces. Vortex fixed those very quickly. It's always no questions asked too. In a way, I like that, especially with a high dollar optic. But if it gives you a sick feeling wondering when your optic is going to fail, no amount of warranty is going to ease that sensation.

Now, he's bringing over a thermal optic for me to install on one of his yote rifles. I'm wondering what manufacture it's going to be???

Your friends are buffet eaters, as I call them. Give them all they can eat of crap food for $7.99, put a salt block in the middle of the restaurant and they will keep coming back.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 10ring1, 257 roberts, 1234, 160user, 1lessdog, 69 invisible), 2,429 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,577
Posts18,532,148
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.