J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
…in the church rectory!

https://journalstar.com/news/state-...source=email&utm_campaign=user-share

You don’t need a gun, the cops are there to protect you![b][/b]

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Turn off Ad Blocker and give us money.... no thanks

Please don't feed the trolls!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Turn off Ad Blocker and give us money.... no thanks
"[Father] Gutgsell, 65, placed a call to 911 about 5 a.m. and said someone was attempting to break into the rectory. Deputies arrived within minutes and found Gutgsell suffering from stab wounds, he said.

A man at the scene was taken into custody without incident."

Declared dead at the hospital.

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Catholic priest died early Sunday after being attacked in the rectory of St. John the Baptist Church in Fort Calhoun.

The Rev. Stephen Gutgsell was taken by ambulance to the Nebraska Medical Center, where he died, according to a statement from the Archdiocese of Omaha. Washington County Sheriff Mike Robinson said a person is in custody.

“The Archdiocese of Omaha is praying for Father Stephen Gutgsell, who was assaulted during an invasion at the rectory of St. John the Baptist parish in Fort Calhoun early Sunday morning," the statement from the Omaha archdiocese said. "Father Gutgsell was transported to Nebraska Medicine in Omaha, where he died of his injuries. The Washington County Sheriff’s Office is investigating, and there are no further details at this time. Please join Archbishop George Lucas in prayer for the repose of Father Gutgsell, for his family and for the St. John the Baptist parish community in this tragic time.”

Sorry!

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Different link.

https://www.1011now.com/2023/12/10/washington-county-sheriffs-office-investigating-priests-death/

FORT CALHOUN, Neb. (WOWT) - The Washington County Sheriff’s Office is investigating after a Catholic priest died early Sunday.

WCSO said in a social media post that it received a call of an attempted break-in at the rectory of St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Fort Calhoun around 5:05 a.m. Deputies arrived to find a Black male inside and Fr. Stephen Gutgsell suffering from injuries sustained from an assault.

Fort Calhoun medics transported Gutgsell to Nebraska Medicine in Omaha, where he died. The Black male was taken into custody and transported to the Washington County correctional facility.

Gutgsell served as an associate pastor with the Archdiocese, most recently splitting his time between the Fort Calhoun parish and St. Francis Borgia in Blair.

The sheriff’s office says the name of the suspect or manner of Gutgsell’s death will not be released and that more information may be released later on Sunday.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Thank you, Squidge!

Kaywoodie
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not many of the conservatives here are men of faith, probably hoping God's name is taken off of our money soon.....so hold the bible upside down, and sign up for adoption of all those new black babies on the market.

lol

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Not many of the conservatives here are men of faith, probably hoping God's name is taken off of our money soon.....so hold the bible upside down, and sign up for adoption of all those new black babies on the market.

lol
I’m not really sure where you might get your statistics. Most conservatives I know are Christians, and most Christians I know are conservatives.
Rick

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by RickinTN

lol
I’m not really sure where you might get your statistics. Most conservatives I know are Christians, and most Christians I know are conservatives.
Rick
Agree with Rick on this one!

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M

lol

I don't know WTH you're talking about - and doubt if YOU do!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

lol
Rick

Not here that's for sure, do you honestly believe they act in a manner reflecting Jesus around this place ?..... if you do, You need to read more and see what they are really saying. There are a handful of faithful here, that's about it....more hate is spewed in this place than any forum I've ever seen, and you know that's a fact.

Love thy fellow man, 10 commandments, forgiveness ????

LOL, yeah right.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

lol
Rick

Yep.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

lol
Rick

Yep.
Yes, in most conservative circles.....but sure as heck not HERE !!!

Why do you think that nobody cares a priest was killed ?, I'm waiting for the pedophile comments to start...... wake up.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Many say they are Christian, very few act like it. At least on here.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

lol

Geez.. you are one sick commie basturd.

FOAD.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

lol
Rick

Yep.
Yes, in most conservative circles.....but sure as heck not HERE !!!

Why do you think that nobody cares a priest was killed ?, I'm waiting for the pedophile comments to start...... wake up.

Like you are the ultimate measure of some Conservative Christian. Phony chkunt.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E

lol
WTF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LOL? What a toxic jerk.

Please don't feed the trolls!
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pyscodog
Many say they are Christian, very few act like it. At least on here.

There ya go.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Since all Christians are sinners, how does "one" act? Since the Bible admonishes Christians not to judge, how does one get judged as a Christian or not?

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 68 invisible), 2,343 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,704
Posts18,494,316
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.