Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 700LH
Chiefs had a win jerked out from under them,
I can appreciate that it was frustrating that a great play was called back, but you can hardly blame the refs. The Chiefs player clearly lined up offsides. The refs threw the flag as soon as the ball was snapped. They had no idea how the play was going to turn out. I realize that the penalty is rarely called, but that's because players on the offense usually line up correctly.

At least Mahomes had the grace to apologize once he cooled off. And rightly so.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Gave up on all those overpaid players a few years ago. It's ridiculous how much they pay these guys to play sports.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Sako
Every time I see them on another commercial or hear about Taylor swift at a game just makes me want to stop watching...

If the kneeling, the prima donna attitudes, the rule changes that turned it into a drawn out game of patty cake, and the hyper sexualized halftime shows haven’t made you stop yet, stop pretending a tantrum by one player is going to do it. You just posturing.

Fear the crabcat.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Clearly Toney's fault for being offsides...he should know better. I think Pat has been frustrated for a while with lapses in discipline and dropped kep passes....mostly by Toney and this was the straw that broke the camels back.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by 700LH
Chiefs had a win jerked out from under them,
Bullschitt
I'm not a Chiefs fan, but I do admire what they've accomplished.
This season is not up to their standards and they are frustrated. A bad look for them with all the crying about "the call"
The Kelce lateral play was an awesome play.
Toney killed it by being offsides as clearly shown in the replays.

/thread

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Chiefs went damn near 50 years between super bowls, so any winning streak they have is rare as Haley's Comet. In the next couple of years they'll be back to begging for a game with John Knox Village.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. β“’
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I believe the "exact same thing" next play on other side was not. The ball had been snapped and the camera angle is different.

Close tho...Either way, the players should know the rules and make sure they follow them on something as simple as lining up correctly. It ain't rocket science.

I have no problem with the calls as made.

What was the term in "Burn Notice"? "Whiney little bitch?

Last edited by las; 12/12/23.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
The only pictures I've seen of Toney being offside were of a superimposed graphic line at least 4" wide. The ref saw what he saw but the rest of us, particularly the TV commentators, have no idea where the exact line of scrimmage was.

Be that as it may, it wasn't the only bad call by the refs. They (the refs) seem to get worse all the time often in crucial plays near the end of the game, and not just in games involving the Chiefs.

BTW I know a rule is a rule, but can anyone explain any advantage Toney gained on this play by the position of his foot?

One big problem the Chiefs have this year is the right tackle has a weakness that teams are consistently exploiting. Taylor tries to compensate but in so doing, frequently moves too soon setting up.

Lastly, Mahomes performance in the first four games this year was clearly sub par. The last four have been more like what his standard is. In spite of the big talk by the coaches and front office, they did a poor job of replacing Tyreek Hill and Kareem Hunt (for an off field incident).

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SargeMO
The Chiefs went damn near 50 years between super bowls, so any winning streak they have is rare as Haley's Comet. In the next couple of years they'll be back to begging for a game with John Knox Village.

Ya! How do you think the lions fans feel???? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I didn't see the game or the offsides that called back the final TD. A photo I saw clearly shows a Chief's player's foot over the line. That's offsides by the rules. So what are they crying about? It's not a new rule or a trick play. It's not a ref's error. It's just an overpaid crybaby who didn't get his way.
What I’ve seen isn’t so much the play call back, but that there was an uncalled offside by the other team on the very next play.

Disproportionate enforcement is the bigger crime.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Former Chiefs player explains why Buffalo was not offsides.

I think this is the best breakdown of the disputed offsides call.

LHS

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

509 members (1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 10gaugeman, 61 invisible), 2,224 guests, and 1,152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,378
Posts18,506,655
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.